Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

My problems with Star Trek:

-All the ships are oriented the same direction, with only a few exceptions. There's no way this would really happen.

-If the transporters can destroy your molecular structure and then regenerate it on the other side, why not store a backup copy so that nobody ever dies on away missions?

-Gene Roddenberry was very 'bioconservative' in some ways. There's no microchip implants. There's no genetic engineering. We're supposed to believe humans don't change at all in the future, and that that's looked down upon in society. From where I'm sitting it looks kind of inevitable that that will happen, so it's hard to believe a future where it doesn't, yet we still get stuff like warp drive/holodecks/etc.

-Alien human hybrids are a thing in Star Trek. How the hell can humans and vulcans/klingons/cardassians have viable offspring with each other? They're from different planets. Their DNA should be so different that it's impossible to combine like that. This is the least believable thing in all of Trek.

-Too much time travel. I think Trek would be a lot better without any time travel stories at all. And it's way too easy to do--just fly around a star. That completely breaks the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Smythe posted:

Who is more powerful:

1) Wesley with Traveler powers
2) Q
3) Guinan
?

I tried to find the answer to the first 2 and someone on body building forum proposed #3, as well as Riker's Beard, so don't try to go over that well pounded dirt.

If we're including Traveler Wesley we should also include Nth Degree Barclay

• Locked thread