Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
When the Kings were going to be the Sonics I resigned myself to becoming a Warriors fan

IS IT TOO LATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Remember when the Kings signed a bunch of vets to short contracts to make a playoff run in their new arena, were in the ballpark of pulling it off, then they blew it all up?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sba posted:

does Vlade still smoke?

California did just legalize weed so maybe not cigs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Remember when the Kings gave away like all their picks and then decided to tank?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

By the way the Kings could have Boogie and Isaiah Thomas but instead they have Langston Galloway, Buddy Hield and Tyreke Evans instead because this FO is loving retarded.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My wife got me tickets to the Kings game next Saturday for my birthday and I don't have the heart to tell her I have zero interest in driving 2 hours to see this poo poo show:(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"We have to take this deal and rebuild the team! We could get a great player in this draft!"

"But we will only do the deal so that if everything breaks amazingly right, we still keep the pick."

"............deal"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Kings could get the first and second overall picks in the lottery and literally get neither pick.

Amazing just amazing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I can't believe Anthony Tolliver has to literally beg fans on Twitter to not quit on them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/therealbradg/status/833609118061465601

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Howard Beck, sick of writing mediocre buff pieces, is trying to get in on the hit piece market

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693953-the-winner-of-the-demarcus-cousins-trade-isnt-who-you-think-it-is

This is the worst thing I've ever read Jesus Christ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

roundmidnight posted:

Sac fans, is there ANY sense of "relief" or anything? Like, yes, this is a truly terrible trade but finally, FINALLY, the Kings can attempt to move on and get out of the 9-11th seed morass.

The Kings gave away all their picks then decided to tank and got what will be a mid-first round pick and an old rookie for one of the most dominant forces in the NBA.

There's nothing to be had here.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gotta tank but you can't tank all the way or else the Sixers get the pick. Gotta tank halfway.

Goddamn this franchise.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Adun posted:

You can't build a bridge if there's one already there. Gotta burn them all down first.

Oh man the Kings really are run by Roll Safe meme guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

Imagine sticking with the Kings all these years

I didn't actively follow the team in the later Maloof years because it became clear they weren't interested in fielding a good product.

I came back after they sold and now Vivek is actively trying to field a good product that is somehow just the same as the Maloofs doing nothing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tae posted:

They sucked drafting and traded picks like candy for bad players back then as well

Never forget.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lol it literally was Buddy or Bust

http://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/status/833850931171250178

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm whatever defensive scheme BMac and DC7 are playing

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WHY IS IT TOP THREE PROTECTED

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Probably because Boogie wouldn't commit to resigning.

So 1.5 seasons of Boogie ain't enough leverage for Vlade eh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

One of my best friends works at G1C and is collecting weird Vivek stories and he's going to craft something for people to read the moment he leaves that job this summer

Yessss

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sba posted:

gently caress everything about Vlade and Vivek

:same:

They traded potentially their best player in franchise history for table scraps and he's crying over it because he doesn't want to leave.

Makes me want to become a Pelicans fan out of spite.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

tanglewood1420 posted:

What do you consider 'franchise history' because Boogie is awesome and all but Oscar Robertson played for them when they were in Cincinnati.

He also hasn't reached his peak yet.

Also I consider the Royals and Kings two different franchises, tbh. It's easy to delineate when they've moved like 5 times and have no franchise history to speak of after winning a title over 60 years ago.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mitch owned but Boogie is sniffing 30/10

I mean come on.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Just FYI, Vlade isn't 100% incompetent just 99%. The "better offer" was pulled before they could decide on it, according to him.

Why the gently caress do you even bring it up though

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sacramento didn't steal your team you loving idiot

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You're right there. I misread.

But you're a loving idiot about Whiteside, so you're still 1/2.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rabid Snake posted:

You're right an organization run by Vivek would have never developed a talent like Whiteside.

Because the culture of a team starts at the top. See: Seattle Mariners. Players get better when they leave

Also because Hassan Whiteside was in loving China when Vivek bought the team, after having washed out of the league for being a no-effort moron

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Whiteside flushed out before 12-13.

Like, check BBRef before doubling and tripling down

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rabid Snake and the Magically Moving Goal Posts

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I do appreciate straight out of POTUS's playbook debate style of shotgunning half truths and misinformed statements along with things that are true though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Doltos posted:

Flushed out of there too. Could have been a loving allstar dough spinner but whatever

Really says a lot about the kind of people Vivek hired at Little Caesar's imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

http://twitter.com/dontegreeneCOS/status/834243029535956992

gently caress it why not what're Jon Brockman and Andres Nocioni up to

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Oh man what a surprise a goon from Seattle has no idea how Public Finance works in Sacramento, California, which is almost assuredly a place he has never visited and knows nothing about other than the fact that the Kings play there and maybe that it's the Capital of California.

I am shocked.

He lives in Daly City though, which is a suburb of San Francisco. I use the term suburb lightly because it's like 3 malls, 25 business parks and a few gas stations.

I'm just saving him the effort of responding to every single post.

It's okay to assume where he lives though. He assumes I live in SF :shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"If you don't like that, you don't like NBA/Kings basketball" worked A LOT better when they were the best passing team in the league. A Willie Cauley-Stein put back dunk doesn't have quite the same flash behind it as some of the insane passing clinics that led to sweet scores from peak Kings.

Now it's just kinda sad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gently caress OFF VIVEK

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

His Tweets come across as if Donald Trump was a diehard Kings fan.

https://twitter.com/HeuristicLineup/status/834551932907761665

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Doltos posted:

I mean yeah Buddy had a pretty fun senior season in college and has looked like a decent 3 point shooter at times, but how the gently caress can you be that obsessed with a middling guard prospect?

hmmmm

https://vine.co/v/eLbZuPmXIl9

• Locked thread