Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

W e l p.

Silver lining for Kings fans.

At least ya'll have a franchise still. I'd rather root for a crappy franchise then not have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Man "oh really?"

:(

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

for real though, I feel bad for all the Kings fans. Vivek got his arena and he doesn't give a gently caress about the product on the court

The real losers. Sacramento Tax Payers

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

The package the Kings got for Demarcus Cousins really isn't that much better than the lovely package Orlando got in exchange for free agent to be Serge Ibaka.

The difference is, Serge Ibaka isn't a top 12 player

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I'm still laughing at the idea of Sacramento Tax Payers being on the hook for $250 million dollars for a new Kings stadium

The arena was built then Vivek dismantles the team right away after getting the new stadium approved, which adds more to the net worth of the team.

I wanted Seattle to get the team with their private funded Arena deal, but then got poo poo on by Kings fans for wanting to steal a team even though the new Arena deal that was proposed was poo poo for the taxpayers in Sacramento. Sweet cathartic feeling of being right

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 22, 2017

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Sacramento didn't steal your team you loving idiot
First rude. Reread what I said. I was getting poo poo on for wanting to steal a team even though I was mainly focusing on how Seattle had a private funded arena ready versus a public funded arena.

The reason why David Stern pushed for Vivek was that he wanted his team owners to leverage tax payers into paying for their own stadiums. I was pissed about that. Out of all the people, you should be happy that the 49ers got denied by SF for tax breaks on the new Levi's stadium.

Surprise surprise, Vivek gutted the team when he had Whiteside, Issiah, and Boogie.

And the 49ers owner Jed York did the same poo poo. They don't give a gently caress about the fans.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Metapod posted:

Seattle fans being butt hurt never disappoints :discourse:

Not really butthurt when I can bandwagon the Warriors and my WSU favorite Klay Thompson and Sonics favorite Kevin Durant.

:)

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Spoeank posted:

You're right there. I misread.

But you're a loving idiot about Whiteside, so you're still 1/2.

You're right an organization run by Vivek would have never developed a talent like Whiteside.

Because the culture of a team starts at the top. See: Seattle Mariners. Players get better when they leave

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Didn't Vivek buy the team in 2013? So he had the chance to keep him?

"no effort moron"

Well I think that's mostly on Vivek for hiring some talentless hacks to run his team. How did he become an effort player who lead the NBA in blocks in 2016? Culture and personnel

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

ooh...an icey comeback

All said and done I'm good on my city not paying $250 million dollar on a stadium who's owner admits no wrong like Vivek. No team or not I can still watch the NBA

Spoeank posted:

Whiteside flushed out before 12-13.

Like, check BBRef before doubling and tripling down

Well poo poo okay Whiteside is one player.

How about Issiah Thomas, Boogie Cousins, and the other known bad moves they made under Vivek? Double down on what? Vivek has made so many bad decisions, a quick "BBRef" should've set you straight

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Tax payers aren't on the hook the way you are describing it

Was it tax from hotel bookings? It's been about almost 4 years since I've read it

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Rabid Snake and the Magically Moving Goal Posts

Hahaha what goalpost did I move? Are you a SacTown tax payer or what? I've already expressed my feelings on taxpayer money being spent on Sports Arenas.

Metapod posted:

Lmao whiteside gave literally no fucks when he first came into the league

That's on the training staff and team environment. Javale McGee looking like a solid back up on the Warriors while trash on the Mavs. Really makes you think??

TheShazbot posted:

Drive to Portland, watch a game. gently caress clay bennett and OKC forever

Last game I went in the Rose Garden was awhile ago and Brandon Roy went off. Heart Broken for brandon roy. I always fly between the bay and seattle for my job in software engineering so i've always caught games in oracle. the difference is that its now expensive as hell since 2014

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 22, 2017

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Literally every team in the league passed on Whiteside. Multiple times

Yeah and after looking at the tax stuff, i'm kinda misinformed so my bad.

The tax stuff was on parking garages which I forgot

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I do appreciate straight out of POTUS's playbook debate style of shotgunning half truths and misinformed statements along with things that are true though.

Yeah okay buddy. Half truths in one whiteside and you compare me to trump. What a hyperbole.

You should feel happy that SF wasn't forced to pay Levi Stadium's terrible tax. Get's his stadium built and guts the whole team after. Reminds me of the kings. Owning a house in daly city and having my property tax become almost as much as my mortgage is ridiculous. I can't imagine my taxes going to an arena when the cost of living is so high in the bay already

And after reading the actual documents on the "parking tax" that is supposed to pay for the arena...

What happens when the parking meters don't meet the expected threshold? They were optimistic assumptions in the first place, and that was when the Kings were on the uprise.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 22, 2017

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Jota posted:

Just take the L and move on

I will just like the Kings and Sacramento Tax Payers. I just won't be on the hook though for my L.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

It's a message board if that's the biggest come back (take an L and awkward) then lol

• Locked thread