Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Under the vegetable posted:

This is an impossible task in the society we have and would require extensive homeschooling, likely producing a sheltered and undeveloped human being. which is abusive.

"In the society we have" is pretty much code for "I like things just the way they are, thanks." Appeal to status quo is dumb. This has also been used to argue against things like gay marriage, interracial marriage, etc. "People won't accept it, so you shouldn't do it." Other people's silly biases shouldn't be an argument against anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Under the vegetable posted:

im saying the second your child is out of your sight they'll be exposed to the idea of gender. it's extremely pervasive. how do you plan on changing all of society before your child's next birthday?

That's completely unnecessary. My kids were exposed to religion but grew up religionless. My kids were exposed to gender but rejected gender roles. My kids were exposed to swearing, drugs, bullying, and all kinds of other bad things they didn't pick up because we were there to explain and support.

Good parents let their kids be exposed to the world in appropriate doses, then give them good information and consistent guidance.

• Locked thread