Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills actually have a lot of free agents, but only a few of them are notable(the rest are depth).

CB Stephon Gilmore - Good CB1 who will soon be a very wealthy man. Kind of reminds me of Antoine Winfield: covers and tackles well, but doesn't get a lot of picks. Does seem to be nicked up a lot.

QB E.J. Manuel - Sometimes, E.J. Manuel looks like he could be a starting quarterback. Unfortunately, he is much more likely to over/underthrow screen passes, sail passes over the middle, stare down a receiver, and/or fumble. Seems to get frustrated when things go bad and starts forcing throws. So, basically a back-up quarterback. Good size and mobility.

WR Percy Harvin - He may play half a game next year.

DT Corbin Bryant - Capable rotational lineman who has experience playing 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE, and 3-4 NT.

RT Jordan Mills - Below-average starter who has kept his position because Seantrel Henderson smokes weed and has Crohn's, which makes him the devil incarnate in Roger Goodell's eyes. Would probably be a good back-up or stop-gap.

RB Reggie Bush - He's done.

WR Justin Hunter - Does all the things a receiver should do, except catch. Actually started games for us because he was virtually the only wide receiver who managed to stay healthy all year.

LB Zach Brown - Fast, agile linebacker who has a knack for finding ballcarriers. Tackles well and covers ok.

WR Robert Woods - Good WR2. Not exceptionally fast or strong, but tough and agile. Also sometimes manages to make circus catches.

FB Jerome Felton - Remembered how to play fullback.

LB Lorenzo Alexander - Excellent pass rusher with a knack for stripping the ball. Has played a half dozen different positions, so he could probably manage being a DE in a 4-3.

DL Leger Douzable - Just a guy.

S James Ihedigbo - He's old, but he's still the best safety on this list.

S Robert Blanton - Tackles ok, but couldn't cover a paper bag.

S Corey White - I don't even know who this is. He's probably bad.

LB Lerentee McCray - I don't remember him doing anything.

WR Brandon Tate - Probably our 4th best receiver. Isn't good, got hurt.

LB Brandon Spikes - He fell off a cliff, it seems.

S Sergio Brown - All these stop-gap safeties. The fact that we have so many should tell how good they are.

WR Marquise Goodwin - Extremely fast wide receiver who ends up on IR as quickly as he gets downfield.

TE Chris Gragg - Spent this year on IR, nursing an ACL(IIRC). Before that, he seemed like a good 2nd TE.

S Jonathan Meeks - Was so bad we signed Robert Blanton, Corey White, Sergio Brown, and James Ihedigbo. But I guess he beat out Duke Williams, who got cut during the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Brb just going to go barf

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/837355041157701632

e: unless they mean as a backup I guess.
That would be less dumb than some of the things they could do. But it would still be really dumb unless they see him as a back-up.
Also, I can't believe we actually got a draft pick out of the Cowboys for Matt Cassel. This is your reminder that Matt Cassel lost the back-up job to E.J. Manuel.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

wandler20 posted:

Glennon? He's an UFA so he has no trade value to the Bucs.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/837446686251319297
Gilmore's probably going to end up overpayed, but the Bears don't have cornerbacks that aren't dead and Gilmore is pretty good, so good luck Bears!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The longer they drag this decision out the more frustrating it must get for Tyrod. Whether he stays or not you have to assume the relationship with the front office has been permanently damaged.

And if it's true that the coaching staff is having a disagreement with the FO already then this does not bode well for the future.

And yeah it's probably the Pegulas. You'd think that at some point they would realize they have no idea how to run a football team and would just leave it to other people.
You'd think that, but they probably have people on payroll whose job it is to tell them they're smart and know about football.
I'm seriously hoping we cut Taylor at this point. For his sake. He deserves better than this "organization".

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

The Bills cut some players, saved $6 million against the cap.

The only ones of any particular note are Nickell Robey-Coleman (surprising cut, he's a solid slot CB) and Dan Carpenter (bad again).
Yeah, that's a head-scratcher, especially since Gilmore is probably gone as well. Which leaves us with Ronald Darby....and that's it. Maybe they plan to employ the same secondary strategy as the 2016 Panthers?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

GaussianCopula posted:

You also have Sammy Watkins so, uhm, that one need might not be as big as the other?
Obviously you've never seen us start Justin Hunter and Brandon Tate.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

FizFashizzle posted:

Philly Brown to Buffalo.

He's a gritty undersized receiver who runs good routes and has some decent top end speed but just isn't big enough.
Great! He's our #2 receiver by default.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

warcrimes posted:

EJ at least brings some athleticism to the position. I've actually always been in favor of gadget QBs as back ups because defenses are less prepared for them. Flutie was one of the best examples of this. And yes, he's better than McGloin by any metric.
You could definitely do worse for your back-up QB.
Basically, E.J. Manuel is fairly athletic and has a strong arm, but his accuracy is scatter-shot and he's prone to becoming frustrated by it. He also has an infuriating tendency to check-down at the first hint of pressure even though he seems to have more problems with short passes than long ones and do it even if he could've run for longer. He does work hard and seemed to get along with Tyrod Taylor pretty well, so there's that.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Well, I guess that would be better than him signing with the Patriots.
Dude was great last year as an ILB in Rex's defense. Fast, rangy linebacker who can cover decently.
Kind of surprised it's taken this long for him to surface. Especially given that our linebacking corp currently consists of Preston Brown and Reggie Ragland coming off a torn ACL.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams signed Nickell Robey-Coleman from the Bills and Carlos Thompson from the Texans. I guess a Trumaine Johnson trade is pretty much dead at this point as well.
NRB is pretty good, but he's also a midget. He'll do well as long as he's kept away from TEs and large receivers. Basically, he's exactly what his name suggests he is: a nickel back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Mike Gillislee was actually drafted by the Dolphins in the 5th-round a few years back. If the Bills don't match the Patriots's offer, then he'll only have a team to go to complete the cycle.

• Locked thread