Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

If you want Darnold just roll with the unholy combo of Hack and Petty in order to get us as close to #1 as possible.

I'm semi on-board with this plan.
Why else keep Bowles another year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

swickles posted:

I am surprised more people aren't talking about Landry Jones. Steelers are probably going to extend him as a backup, but he actually showed improvement not just from this to the last, but also as the season went on. He basically looked like a mid tier talent against the Browns in the final game, and kept the Steelers close to the Pats.

Hasnt Ben been thinking about retiring? I wouldnt be surprised if they kept him around for a while if they like him. But yeah I'm surprised that more people arent talking about trying to acquire him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can the Eagles afford Jeffrey? I thought their cap was really tight?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

Rusty Smith is better than Cassel
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Goff to Gordon all the way to the Superbowl
I thought Gordon liked smoking weed, not laying in the dirt 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage :confused:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I, too, hope Tyrod goes to the Browns, where he will poo poo on the Bills every time they play.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears McCown may have been the best stretch of quarterbacking this lousy team has had.
When you have peak Forte in the backfield plus Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey to huck the ball to...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I don't remember the Vinny T stuff but Matt Flynn and Brock were both backups that were seen as promising starters, although Brock never really looked good in Denver. Cousins has had 2 years of good play as a starter, which is rare for a QB outside of the usual 5-7 guys at the top
Yeah the specific situation is that they have Cousins who has proven to not be a liability over two plus years worth of starts -who has no backup worth mentioning- and they are going to let him walk. Flynn and Osweiler were both career backups who had a few starts under their belts where the team let them walk when their contracts expired; Flynn was backing up Aaron Rodgers and the Broncos probably knew that Osweiler was not necessarily a good long-term starter.

And for the Broncos it was an interesting PR move - let the presumptive heir to Peyton Manning walk in FA to sign a mega contract instead of keeping him to be the let-down following the departure of an all-time great. Then they drafted Lynch but Siemian looked respectable, I guess, and got most of the starts. Its all kinda bizarre I guess.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Kansans are hunting a different type of Indian these days
This didnt get enough love. Its also too soon.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If Bouye signs with the Jags he will turn into a pumpkin, dont worry. I would rather they sign a more proven commodity like Gilmore.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/839253710345814016

Adrian Peterson's son, on the other hand, wants as little to do as possible with OAK or any other tree.
:golfclap:

Benne posted:

It's crazy that Kenny Britt is only 28, feels like he's been around forever.
Yeah really. Him and Packman Jones are still around even though it feels like the Titans drafted them in the 90s. Its probably just because the Titans are so forgettable.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is this the same Andre Branch that was drafted by the Jaguars and was shitawful for his entire tenure there?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

If you get franchised two years in a row, I don't think it qualifies as a "hissy fit" any longer.

Getting franchised even once is bullshit.
Agreed. It is not a hissy fit saying "No, I will not sign a long-term contract with this franchise".

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sean10mm posted:

Plus Drew Brees was coming off major surgery and was seen as a big gamble at the time.

Alex Smith? Eh. He never had a single season as good as Kirk Cousins in 2015 or 2016.
He had a parade of imbeciles for his OC for the first like 8 years of his career. Then when he finally got a good coach he didnt really have any weapons other than Vernon Davis and Old Frank Gore.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839574046052335616

way too much

Hopefully the guaranteed isn't high
ahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHA

edit: resurgence? He was never good, how is he resurging? lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 8, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hrm, yes, indeed.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

What the gently caress is going on with the Bills and fat rear end fullbacks?

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/839590696109633545
What the hell?!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

uh, sure

Isnt he like 32 and not known for his edge rushing?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am really concerned that Bouye is a product of Houston's scheme and thus he will come to the Jaguars and Jason David it up.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

euphronius posted:

I thought they waived him
Tony will be waived after 4:00pm so he can be designated a June 1 cut to reduce the cap penalty for cutting him.

edit: beaten

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So the Jaguars arent signing any offensive linemen. Great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

QB Competition in Chicago is going to be Glennon vs Osweiler. Remember Fox used to be Osweiler's coach!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

89 posted:

The best part is Brock's addition to the Cleveland Hydra
He has to start a game to go on Febreeze's hydra.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

They apparently offered him a fair deal, too. He just decided to move on. We probably paid a little more.
Mike Tomlin was probably too hip-hop for him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

You don't accrue a year of service time if you don't play at least 6 (? I think it's 6) games, so the team could just franchise you again and the number wouldn't go up I believe. Vincent Jackson did this his last year in San Diego, just sat out as a gently caress you and then signed for the end of the season.

That's probably the most leverage Cousins would theoretically have, but he reportedly signed his tender and now he's going to be stuck there for a year.

I mean there is some leverage for just flat out sitting out too of course, but if you go all the way the team can just gently caress you again next year as far as I know.

e: Hell I must be remembering this wrong, Jackson played 16 games in his last year in San Diego. Don't listen to me, although I am pretty sure the player is just screwed if he's franchised and sitting out the whole year won't fix things.
I think you are remembering what he did right, it just wasnt his last year. I think he did that when they Franchised him or gave him a lowball offer or something. I dont exactly remember it either but I think he played there another season or two before he walked in FA.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

evilweasel posted:

Also Pryor has been a receiver for only one year so it's not shocking people aren't willing to give him a lucrative long-term contract yet. A second good year literally doubles his experience and makes it much less likely it was a fluke.
I would count one good year on the Browns with the revolving door of QBs and poor Oline play as more than one year of playing well.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am feeling less bad about the Jaguars trading for Branden Albert, looking at the other poo poo going on. But they have the cap space and the need that they should have kept Beachum regardless. You should give a guy coming off of a mid-season ACL tear two years to recover.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

defaultluser posted:

I like all the raven's pickups so far, even Woodhead.

Flacco can't keep drives alive without a good dump-off back, for when the defense is tight downfield. We've sucked in that regard since we ditched Ray Rice.

Woodhead is no Rice, but he had more receiving yards in the last full year he played than BOTH Dixon and West did last year. Rice, Jr?
Rice Jr? C'mon son - White Rice!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

NickRoweFillea posted:

But think of the veteran presence! He can whip those young backs into shape
:golfclap:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eltoasto posted:

Poe leaving Indy with no deal, probably an offer on the table that will be dwarfed by the Jags offering 20 million a year or whatever they do with the 80 mil a year they have in cap space.
I will be completely baffled if they sign him, and a little upset. They did little to address the team's biggest problem - the OLine and running game.

Grittybeard posted:

89 posted:

It seems like the Jags have crazy talent on the defense. What's their hold up?
Gus Bradley until about Christmastime last year?
Yeah but we kept his protege Tood Wash as the Defensive Coordinator. The same DC that the players openly wanted gone.

I had really been hoping they would kick the tires on Pettine or something.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Should I be surprised that nothing has happened with Tony Romo yet, considering that Dallas said that they would be releasing him on Thursday?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Come to Jacksonville!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Who did he sign with?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Boo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Joey Freshwater posted:

According to several reliable sources the Bucs won Free Agency so watch out fuckers
No the Jaguars did, again. They are the new Redskins. :suicide:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

I don't think GC is a gimmick poster. I think he's just bad.
Obnoxious, ridiculous, absurd. There is a list of what he is and none of it is good.

Its one thing to listen to what others have to say and being open minded; its another to inflict brain damage on yourself by reading bad posting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

That all may be true, but the reason these gimmick posts work so well is because they come from a place of truth. It isn't your truth and the fact that it upsets you so much that you feel the need to actively avoid it should worry you. Understanding why a problem exists is the only way to fix it.
I, uh, what? How do they "work well"? I just scroll past them when they are obviously over the top. This is a dying comedy forum on the internet; I'm not going to spend my free time trying to puzzle out why one person makes really bad posts. Thanks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Steelers signed Tyson Alualu to a 2 year deal. What's he about?
He is consistently mediocre, but has never had much talent around him. He'll probably be a decent rotational 3-4 DE considering that he was the "Big" DE in Bradley's 4-3 scheme and played DT on passing downs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Wasn't Alualu a pretty big head scratcher eve when he was drafted? Like he was considered a second round guy and went top 15
Yep. He was picked at 10 if I remember correctly, and he has never been that good, but never bad enough to get cut (I think his contract expired?). Everyone was surprised/baffled, especially because I think he played in a 3-4 in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shinjobi posted:

I just want Romo to win the Super Bowl with the Texans so I can poo poo talk parts of both the Dallas and Houston franchises both.

I want it a lot.
Same.

• Locked thread