Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

If the bengals lose Zeitler and Whit to FA I will post video of an attempt at sepuku with a cucumber.

Will Andey be your second?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

a patagonian cavy posted:

my guess is zeitler gets the money truck, whitty gets let go, and we either take OT early, go hard in FA, or both

That doesn't sound like the Bengals at all.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Running back is not a pressing need.

Burkhead and Peerman are free agents. Jeremy Hill has been bad the last two years and is going to be a free agent next year, and Gio is coming off an ACL injury. I'd say running back is a pressing need.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

When will someone nut up and give us something for our idiot backup

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/839487691913854976

The Bengals aren't gonna trade him.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Brandon Lafell was surprisingly good last year. As long as he isn't your first option he would be a good pickup.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

I'm okay with this.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Andey is gonna die next year. :sigh:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
[[ Please wait, retrieving information... ]]

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't think that's true either, since one of the issues with taking kickers is that there are a lot of good ones available every year as cheap free agents.

No there isn't. Kicker is almost as bad as QB when it comes to quality at the position.

korrandark fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 19, 2017

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Edit not quote.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Kickers do not absolutely kill teams though, so even if we accept this (and I do not) it becomes much less worthwhile to spend a draft pick on one.

I'm sure Minnesota fans and maybe old Bills fans will tell me they kill seasons and I'll tell them to gently caress off, because it happened to me too and the problem was the actual football players didn't do their jobs.

Counterpoint: The Bengals last year.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Cavauro posted:

I mean if the point was that kickers can kill a season he absolutely did more than his share. As did Fat Randy. but that doesn't make me feel like drafting a kicker high is good

I never said anything about drafting a kicker. My point was that it was bullshit that there are a bunch of good kickers just waiting to get snapped up.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Right, I was trying agree and point out that it's irrelevant if Nugent was better in the past since he hosed them up pretty bad either way. Just didn't say it that well

I'm sorry too. We should be talking about cool stuff, like Kevin Minter signing with the Bengals.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I am just happy they signed someone who hasn't been on the team before. Him being a need position is just gravy.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

big money big clit posted:

Ted Nugent was a good kicker in 2015 and a bad kicker in 2016.

Mike Nugent hasn't been a good kicker since 2011. Unless you believe being near the bottom of the league in field goal accuracy and having no range makes a good kicker. The blame for it getting so bad lands on the Bengals for keeping him so long.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

89 posted:

So, what's up with Cincy letting half their team go every year? Member when they were good?

Everyone that left either got a big contract elsewhere (Sanu, Marvin Jones, Andrew Whitworth, Kevin Zeitler) or were old and not good anymore (Peko,Maulauga)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Special teams. He's not really used much on offense.

Basically he's like Future Hall of Famer Matthew Slater, where he has a nominal position on offense but he's more like an emergency option there while he plays special teams.

He never really got a chance on offense considering the majority of the carries went to Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. He finally got his shot at RB near the end of last year and played really well. He also had to play receiver in 2014 when everyone was injured and Sanu was their #1 receiver and played well there too.

Edit: just realized you were talking about Bolden.

• Locked thread