Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Some giants free agency stuff:
The JPP thing will be interesting, he's going to get some fairly heavy interest from other teams and I'm not sure how much the giants will want to pay.

I really hope the giants keep Hankins around, but recent history (Barry Cofield, Linval Joseph) says they probably won't want to pay for him, either.

Similarly, Keenan Robinson is probably gone because the giants value LBs about as highly as they value dirt, and Robinson is pretty good. Sheppard is also ok, but he'll probably get more interest elsewhere. There's a bunch of other LBs they might keep around because they all play special teams and they'll be cheap since nobody else will want them, but they might just let them go as well. It doesn't really matter.

The OL trio of Will Beatty, Marshall Newhouse and Jon Jerry are all old, mediocre at best, and frequently injured so I doubt the giants will want to keep them around unless it's a depth signing for peanuts.

Might as well bring back Zak DeOssie and Robbie Gould. I doubt they'll cost anything. Kerry Wynn and Orleans Darkwa also might stay but I don't know if the giants match if somebody else offers something.

Bobby Rainey should have been cut on the sideline of the playoff game after his stupid-rear end punt return. Ryan Nassib should have been bagging groceries years ago and if he is re-signed I will be very mad on the internet. Trevin Wade really sucks as anything more than a 4th/5th corner, and I hope the giants go elsewhere for depth.

The fact that the giants re-signed both Will Tye and Matt LaCosse is slightly worrying to me because I'd like them to draft a TE. It doesn't hurt to have insurance I guess, and LaCosse was on IR all last year so maybe he's secretly good.

troofs fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread