Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

He was also shoved into the role of an every down back because literally everyone else got hurt so they had no choice but to put him out there.

He had the same problems he had last year, he just had more opportunity and a better run blocking OL

The trade up for him was dumb, but overall Gordon's on pace to become a pretty fine RB. His vision got a lot better last year, he's a more decisive runner and he made huge strides in the passing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chargers need to fill some holes in FA and they have to make several painful cuts to get it done.

King Dunlap and Brandon Flowers are goners, probably. Both of them played really well for their respective stretches, but unfortunately concussions and other various maladies have really caught up to them. I've heard some speculation Flowers might retire; if he doesn't some team will get a pretty good CB #2 if he's mostly healthy. One of Fluker or Franklin is getting cut also.

They absolutely need to address OG and safety during this FA period, since I think it'd be wise for them to spend their draft capital on d-line, LT and WR. Just any sort of competent guard or FS (with maybe Addae loving off for good, he's a bum) and i'd be content.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Hasn't AP said he wants to play for Dallas before his career's over, at least at one point?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ehud posted:

How so, friend?

He's really hot and cold, to put it mildly. At times he looks like he could be a really good pass rusher and he's crazily explosive. At others he basically can't wrap up at all despite being a 27 year old LB and constantly launches himself at opposing players.

I'm not thrilled about him getting the tag either.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

What's the tag cost you?

Somewhere between 14-16 mil, from what i've been able to see projected for the 2017 year.

Ingram's nowhere near worth that much money. To be honest, i'd be really hesitant giving him a contract that paid him more than 10 mil a year because of how inconsistent he is.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

What the hell happened to Bryd?

Had a hard time playing in Rob Ryan's scheme, then tore his meniscus like four games into his tenure with the Saints and never quite looked like the same player.

His decline is really odd to me, because he was an excellent ball hawking safety when he was with the Bills and mostly for reasons being that he knew how to read offenses and get into the right spot to make the play. Then suddenly he goes to the Saints, he gets caught out of position often and kinda looks like a completely different & much worse player overall. I don't think he'd get a huge contract anymore, but it's possible he could still be a good short term contributor for a contender needing a safety. Assuming he isn't completely cooked, of course, which he might well be.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Atrocious move.

Like seriously. I get he's probably a good locker room guy, but Jahleel Addae blows as a football player. He can't cover at all, and he's not that good of a Big Hitter either - he whiffs on tackles constantly and he's as liable to injure himself as he is the guy he's trying to blow up. He's not like fuckin Kam Chancellor or Rodney Harrison like the Chargers' FO pretends like he is; he's just a lovely player.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 8, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It's not a guarantee if he can stay healthy, but Woodhead is still a pretty productive receiving option when he can get on the field. He wasn't gonna win a ring in LA so I wish him the best with the Ravens.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Bill Polian has always been a loving moron though?

(I agree)

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'm pretty stoked about the Okung signing tbh. He's a solid LT and a firm upgrade over Dunlap at this point in their respective careers.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

He probably gets way too much credit for like three draft picks over a 20 year career. He destoyed the Panthers in the early days of free agency and peaced out before the bill was due.

He's now clearly demented and they shouldn't put him on tv.

After thinking bout it and looking at the okung contract, I think the market this year for tackles was just loving nuts, and the Panthers had to pay that if they wanted something.

It sucks but..eh.

What would you say the picks were? Bruce Smith, Manning and..? Because I think Jim Kelly was drafted before Polian was with the Bills, just that he was the GM about when the USFL folded.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'm kinda surprised the Steelers let Markus Wheaton walk - he's pretty good when healthy. But then it seems like they always pull a solid WR out of the middle rounds so *shrug*.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Flikken posted:

Didn't he just miss a year because of Ganga?

That was Martavius Bryant, I believe.

Roasted Donut posted:

he's pretty good but he also missed almost all of last year and there are younger guys on the roster that fill the same role as him so he was expendable

Ah, that makes sense.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

That's a lot of money for a guy who's missed much of the last few years to injury...

Ah, gently caress it. Get paid, you were still fun as hell to watch.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Eli Wiggum posted:

How good is King Dunlap

He's still an ok player, even though he struggles badly with speed rushers nowadays. The problem with him is that he has a pretty awful concussion history, like I think he's had more than any active player in the league going right now. He's also battled ankle injuries the last couple years on top of that.

I think he's probably done, and honestly he really should retire for his long term health anyway.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Kubiak retired. Our old friend McCoy is coaching their offense now.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
He's really drat good.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I still chuckle that Cromartie's vasectomy undid itself.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ahaman Green was cool, and good

Yeah, Green's a really underrated back. He isn't a HoFer or anything, but he had a couple years where he was a really good, fun player to watch.

The early 2000s Packers really were a lot of fun to watch; Favre, Green, Donald Driver & a really drat good offensive line to boot.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Marvin Harrison wasn't that great of a player is my scorching hot take for the day

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It's not even a guarantee that Cutler ever still wants to play football anymore, from what I understand. Though yes, he'd be Houston's best option with Romo having retired.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Bill Polian should tithe his salary for the rest of his days to Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning because god knows his model for building football teams is total horseshit otherwise.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

gently caress Marlon McCree

Emptyquoting this forever

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Man I know Cutler doesn't have the best reputation in the league but drat.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I guess the best answer i'd have is that they don't have a lot of draft picks for next season left, so you might as well save some cash and bone up on next year's FA group. Mind you, it's still not a good idea; it's unlikely Watson would be better than Cutler this season when the Texans are clearly in win now mode, and the fact that they won't even entertain a phone call is baffling.

And this is coming from somebody who doesn't care for Cutler that much.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

can you spot him?

Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Cutler is pretty much Eli if the latter had played most of his career for a lovely org instead of one good enough to get him in position to make two runs where he stopped chucking passes to the wrong jerseys. Highs where they occasionally look like one of the best QBs in the league, with some unbelievably wretched lows.

• Locked thread