Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

a neat cape posted:

Please, can any free agent RB come to the Chargers

I hear Trent Richardson's available. Or at least will be if he doesn't go to jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

Three teams. If this happens, Cutler will have thrown to Marshall on THREE DIFFERENT TEAMS.

I'm sure this time it'll work out.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Trying to sign Byrd on a cheapish deal wouldn't be the worst idea for Buffalo seeing as how we have a complete wasteland at the the safety position right now.

I can't remember the last time I was so happy with a rookie like I was with Byrd. He was incredible that year. Here's hoping he has something left in the tank.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

LaCanfora so take it for what it's worth, but apparently the Tyrod decision is STILL coming down to a difference in opinion between the front office and the coaching staff.

My guess is that the Pegulas are dumb as poo poo and really want a “pocket passer”.

The longer they drag this decision out the more frustrating it must get for Tyrod. Whether he stays or not you have to assume the relationship with the front office has been permanently damaged.

And if it's true that the coaching staff is having a disagreement with the FO already then this does not bode well for the future.

And yeah it's probably the Pegulas. You'd think that at some point they would realize they have no idea how to run a football team and would just leave it to other people.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

What the gently caress is going on with the Bills and fat rear end fullbacks?

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/839590696109633545

So they have 3 fullbacks on the roster now?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

That seems like way to much money for a FB.

Can he throw the ball? Or at least run it.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

That's a lot of money for Gilmore. He's a good player and I expected him to get overpaid but this is a bit much. This deal makes him the third highest paid CB in the league.

Also stop stealing our goddamn players New England!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Bills have one NFL caliber WR left on the roster.

Might wanna chuck some cash at free agents maybe.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley are great evaluators of talent.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

So OJ for comeback player of the year confirmed?

The Patriots haven't had a murderer on their team in a while.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Intruder posted:

Did Sammy's foot ever heal correctly? IIRC he was never quite right even when he came back

He had a second surgery done on January 20. He should be ready for training camp but it's too early to tell if there'll be any lingering effects.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

a neat cape posted:

*tumbleweed blows across stubhub center*

Is it gameday already?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

If the Texans don't sign anyone they'll still be offseason champions.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

It's so loving strange that no WRs have been linked to the Bills. They have a limp Watkins on the roster and that's it.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Does Osweiler go on the long name jersey still, or is it just actual game starters?

Unfortunately the jersey got retired when the Cavs won because Cleveland is a city of champions now or some poo poo.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Maybe the Seahawks can convert him to an offensive lineman.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

mcmagic posted:

In 2 years someone is gonna give Christian Hackenberg $37 guaranteed.

The Texans when Romo retires.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I tried to find a Brock Osweiler highlight video from last season on youtube and to my surprise there actually are a couple. The longest one is 3 minutes long with 30 seconds of intro/outro.

Literally every player in the NFL could make these throws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm77ixLndqg

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Don't keep us in suspense Jimmy!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I have a newfound respect for BOB if that story is true. We need more coaches attacking players.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I wonder if those guys are highly coveted by the rest of the league or just by teams in the AFC East.

Also it's weird how guys that switch between AFC East teams never seem to pan out unless they go to the Patriots.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Define "work out"? Because plenty of free agents have done well in the rest of the AFC East (Pro Bowls, All Pros,etc). Obviously they're not winning playoff games but that speaks more to the mismanagement of the coaches and FO's than anything else.

I meant more players that go from one AFC East team to another. I can't really think of anyone that had those types of Pro Bowl, All Pro seasons unless they go to the Pats like Welker. With the amount of AFC East incest I'm sure there have been but I can't think of any.

Charles Clay has had 2 decent seasons with the Bills but with the money they're paying him even that is a bit underwhelming.

E: Yeah Incognito has been very good for the Bills, forgot about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Brandon Marshall did very well in NY overall.
Mario Williams had a good first year in Buffalo and made second team All Pro.
Thomas Jones had a few good seasons for the Jets.
Alan Faneca was good on the Jets.
Kris Jenkins was great on the Jets until his knee blew up.
Joey Porter on the Dolphins.

None of those guys came from other AFC East teams though. I'm talking specifically about guys like Charles Clay, Chris Hogan, Baccari Rambo, Scott Chandler, Percy Harvin and now Gillislee of the top of my head. I wonder if AFC East teams overvalue players they face twice a year more than other divisions.

I guess you could call Chad Penningtons two seasons with the Dolphins kinda successful.

• Locked thread