Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A #3 on most teams is a 1b on Carolina. Good move for Cruz if they get him for vet min

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miamis really really cautious with their big signings because on compensatory picks. Now that they can be traded we're all about it

Versus ya know keeping our top talent

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don't get how you can be mad at this trade. Thomas can be penciled in as a 1b starter. With Dion Sims resigning you've got your two TE. Sims is a great blocker and strong receiver. Mediocre in athletic ability but he's produced when needed. I think Thomas can be better than Cameron on day 1.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jax 7th is way higher than Miamis most likely so this is even more useless of a trade haha

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That video lol please try to call #2 a drop by Thomas

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

How good does Jimmy G really have to be to be worth a 1 and a 4 with one cheap year still left on his contract?

I guess better than Trevor Siemian would be good enough.

Ah yes 1 year of "slightly better than a 7th round pick" is certainly worth a 1+4

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Put Cutler on the Texans and holy god

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lol Tannehill is not only better at this point but dudes an iron man so no thanks

Denver tho that's a good spot

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

But you can assume Tannehill will still be Tannehill.

Which is a pretty great quarterback in most metrics!?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cut pouncey

Give me Mangold

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Plus he comes off like a total prick

It's truly Pat White Level stupidity

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Armando actually does research

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What's the tag cost you?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy hell yeah that's insane

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Everything I'm seeing says FAs are getting insane money because the market has so much "mandatory" spending to do.

Like 30% premiums on last year

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Would really like the Dolphins to make a run at Hightower if they're not going to bring back Stills.

Philly is supposedly offering Stills 12 a year for 4 years

He's gone. I like Hightower at 8 per but honestly these prices of FAs... woof. Especially ones who are pretty poo poo outside of the Pats system

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

89 posted:

Not true. It's just word that Stills' market value is at $12 million (which is gross, he's not that good). And Philly wants speed.

Nope. I like the source. Time will tell!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Allbright is usually pretty good at these things.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/836745502234402816

Sadly a smart move. You have to love Tyrod for another season at least. Dude was given crap last year at the HC position.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Same person I've always asked for Dolphins stuff, a guy who only posts behind a paywall on FH. He's demonstrated who he is and he's pretty connected so... we will see!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah 89 you're a bit misinformed with a bit if your basis of opinion but I can get the concern about having him at 12 per.

Stills easily deserves 10 mil in this free agency, he's 24 and demonstrated he has big play ability with 9 touchdowns. You have to like him as a 1b to justify that money, but I personally do. What's funny is I'd keep Stills, trade Landry and use that for defensive help

I think Landry is great but he wants even
More money and he's a real rear end in a top hat

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Big Chris Long fan. I wanted him over Jake (and Matt Ryan) that year

He's not the Watt/Bosa level stud I thought he would turn out to be, but he was solid and seems like a great locker room guy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
WarCrimes what are the odds of Oakland signing Tony Washington?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
THATS a troll post

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Isn't that the ol who was going to be a second round pick until it came out he had sex with his sister

Oh is that what he did? WC just kept saying he was a true hero I dunno

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

go back to gbs

Hard hitting. Thought provoking.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

89 posted:

Alex Marvez, Sirius XM Host, claims Cooks will be an Eagle. For their second round pick.

Dunno how respectable he is. Also, I can't get twitter to post on here with the formatting. I post the URL and it just posts a URL.

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/837666412491653121?s=09
https://mobile.twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/837667677342732289

Nm it worked

Everything I've seen says Stills is currently stuck between Miami hometown Discount or getting paid by Tennessee.

Cook isn't as good as Brees makes him look but for a 2nd that's a good trade.

Personally I'd be thrilled with it over Stills @ 12m

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

He didn't sniff 500 yards last season amd his production dropped every year in Miami.

Also his catch rate noticeably increased in Baltimore.

Uh no it didn't lol he went from 4 to 10 TDs in year 2

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

*Triple-checks stats because apparently I have the reading comprehension of a gnat today*

Pretty much.

Also his OL was terrible in pass protection that season (and the season before), so even if he was secretly a good deep ball passer, he had no time in the pocket to do so anyway.

Oh so kinda like Miamis line was simply brutal hence Wallace being more of a RAC guy because we had no time to use him.

Arguing stats outta context is one thing but even the stats don't support your argument

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

So I already admitted I was wrong... and you're still mad? :confused:

No, not at all. I'm saying even if you got the stats right, you're only making an argument based purely off statistics when the variables are different. I'm saying even if your stats were right, your argument is wrong.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hogan and Gillislee my god how many dolphins castoffs does Buffalo have

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They've been upfront about trying to get a starting guard in FA though.

I'm fully expecting a trade for CB though. If only a LB were available

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well then. Same guy who breaks everything Miami, including last years trade with philly, said Philly made Miami an offer for Landry.

Trade Landry resign Stills?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Armando said Miami isn't entertaining offers for Landry. Like people called but Miami said no.

I've gotta start reading more poo poo. I'm way behind.

I'm really happy if we keep Stills and Branch. gently caress Comp picks, Stills is a great receiver.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Paying 8 a year for a #3 WR is ridiculous. I could see that if you have 50 million in cap space and no other holes. Still though, just why?

You're not a big "market" person, are you? It's less he's a #3, more... Pierre Garçon is hitting 12 million a year. Stills proved his ability in Gases system. He's a 45/750/9 td guy. That's worth 8 million all day if the Britt and Garcon deals are to be believed

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 8, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yes but runs deep routes with inconsistent hands is a plentiful resource. I would expect you could grab Torrey Smith for 4 million at this point.

This is an odd characterization of Stills. Stills produced in NOLA and MIA, and frankly he's freaking 24 years old.

Smith isn't coming to Miami for 4/yr and putting up Stills' numbers.

God I hope we can keep him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo

Cooks and Gilmore on the patriots is unfair stop it

I'd love Nick Mangold at RG. Rumor has it he's been a friend of Tannebaum for a while so we should have the inside track. He's got versatility and it seems 7 a year gets him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is making me think we go after defense HARD in draft. Linebackers galore.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Imagine thinking Glennon was your savior lol holy poo poo

Cutler is a god compared to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also how is Miami getting cutler as a backup? We pay Moore 4 a year as backup bc he rules. But jay should command 10

• Locked thread