Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mangold is getting released? Has his play fallen off that much or are the Jets just in a terrible spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Stop franchising pass rushers you jerks, some of us are incapable of drafting them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/836678999304781825

I'm going to be sad if we lose 50's private eye JACK DOYLE.

He's really the Colts best TE because Allen just collects money and gets hurt. That said, it wouldn't be the best decision to give him big money.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Doyle getting 6.3mil per, but no word on guaranteed money. A bit more than I'd like, but Allen is on the precipice of getting cut and what cost can you put on keeping him away from the Pats, really?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

A dramatic 8 minute rollercoaster ride for fsif there. Good job Bills.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Great, now he is going to finally stay healthy with the Pats

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ballard must be preparing to spend some cash, because the Colts already had 50mil to spend and the Allen deal looks to just be salary offloading. He can be a complete TE when healthy, that just hasn't happened much since he signed the big extension a year ago. Doyle's contract turned out to be extremely team friendly, nothing guaranteed past the first year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

pubic works project posted:

If it's a 5th or a 6th, I'm totally happy with it. Allen was always injured and I thought they spent WAAAAYYY too much to keep him. Get that money off the books and go get some defense!

Plus Swoope is basically a better Allen.

Swoope has looked good as a compliment to Doyle, yeah. Also it's not hard to get TE's in free agency or the draft. It also may be a signal of less 2 TE formations if he wants to get the slot WR on the field more and plans to spend on OL. Since let's be honest, we were in 2 TE a lot to protect the right side of the line.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jeffery on the Colts would be sick. Probably not the best use of money though if it's a big contract.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Colts have been linked to several defensive players. The Grigson thing to do is sign a bunch of 31 year olds, but thankfully the defensive FA's that have been rumored are in their mid 20's.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/839940480565719040

Booya mission accomplished, shut it down boys.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Okay that's not bad. I hope he works out with Simon.

I'll be really happy if Ballard brings in Dontari Poe!

Another that is heavily frontloaded too, Ballard is using his cap space this year to really be flexible down the road. Makes sense when overhauling a lot of the roster.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Silly to trade away all these draft picks since Brady plans to play until he's 45.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pryor wanted $13m per year to sign a 4 year deal with Cleveland lol

That's a lot, but they DID give almost that to two guards.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'm surprised John Hankins didn't get a decent deal. He was playing out of position last year because the Giants signed Snacks, he should be playing NT and he's pretty good at it.

I'm guessing NT dominoes start to fall once Poe signs, I definitely hope the Colts go after Hankins if they don't get Poe.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/AdemSchafter/status/840982633546940416

Shameful that people are trying to parody Adarn Schefter now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Poe leaving Indy with no deal, probably an offer on the table that will be dwarfed by the Jags offering 20 million a year or whatever they do with the 80 mil a year they have in cap space.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I would rather give some UDA 100 caries in a season than Robert Trubin.

Hey that's still a possibility, don't underestimate the ability for Colts RB's to get injured.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oh well that's interesting.

Eh, he's depth. There's a bunch of spots to fill and the 2nd year is probably nothing guaranteed.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oh god, we signed Jonah Hill (fat version) to block for Luck

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nooooooooooooooooo! Get the gently caress outta here, Ehud!

I just want him to sign so we can get on with hopefully going after Hankins.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I still want Hankins.

I want him too, but 10mil+ per year long term is pretty rough when you have a bunch of holes and a defense loaded draft.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah Butler is perfectly fine as long as he never lines up as outside corner, that deal is good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lynch getting one last burst of beast mode on the raiders would be pretty awesome.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nodoze posted:

This is what they have been doing for like the last 15 years though

Polian very very rarely signed free agents. Grigson came in with a depleted roster and signed a bunch of people, similar to what Ballard is doing, but Ballard has yet to guarantee a single dollar past this season on any of the deals and is going for guys in their mid 20's, whereas Grigson was bringing in older dudes and giving them overvalued contracts. Let us not forget signings like Landry.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Thanks for the 17 games and 1.5 sacks in 3 years Art!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:toot: Decent chunk of money but a clear upgrade. If it's like Ballard's other deals, it will be heavily frontloaded with all the money they have this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Colts signed Mo Alie-Cox, a former VCU basketball player, which now gives us TWO basketball tight ends along with Swoope.

• Locked thread