Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This is the thread where I get moist about Romo to the Texans before it inevitably doesn't happen

Then repeat with Cutler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Please dont take my bouye away

Kevin Johnson is back next year

If it means getting Romo I would let Bouye walk I think. For one thing, we've seen this story before with Brice McCain

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I can't wait for Tony Romo, Texans QB to be on the IR

I'll take the risk

I guess worst case scenario we go into 2017 with Brock as the starter, Nuk refuses to sign an extension and we franchise him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know how you could get mad about trading a sixth for literally anything, even a seventh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Romo will end up in Houston

Don't do this to me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Romo would be great in Houston (if health-hahahaha) but I can't imagine Jerry letting that happen unless he really wants those cap savings by making him a June 1 cut

The Texans don't have a ton of cap space either fwiw

If I'm a FA QB who has made his money and just wants to win I probably pick Houston over KC though. But Denver over Houston

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

$500K get the gently caress out of here

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jerome Agricola posted:

This would be close to the NFL of my dreams.

Cutler smoking a cig watching the Bills Mafia do its thing before games

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Please, can any free agent RB come to the Chargers

Are you already back on the Gordon hate train

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

List of free agent QBs/trade targets I'd take over Brock

- all of them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yes

King Hong Kong posted:

What about one Matt Schaub?

Yes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

The Texans should trade for Philip Rivers

:yeah:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wonder if Okung would be willing to negotiate himself another awful contract to play for Houston

I have no idea how he is at RT though

Has to be better than Chris Clark I guess. Having him would be a ~tiny blessing~

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans should have extended Nuk last offseason like he wanted :sigh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

Charles is destined for the Pats.

Eh. Dion Lewis already does everything for them that they'd want from Charles

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

warcrimes posted:

I remember everyone saying that it was okay to get rid of Jones because they had to save money to re-sign Collins and Hightower. LMAO

If only the Patriots constant refusal to pay their good players actually made them lose every now and then :sigh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just know the Ginn family will have zero drops as a Patriot somehow

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans aren't franchising AJ Bouye, goodbye sweet prince

I'd be nervous about giving a UDFA CB who just had a massive contract year a huge contract, but I think he's the real deal

Brice McCain's whole thing makes me a little gunshy, but he basically never recovered from a broken foot it isn't like he fell off a cliff out of nowhere

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Two bad teams are all that are willing to stick their necks out for Glennon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

4 of the 5 guys drafted immediately after Okoye :negative:

I know nothing about Carriker, which I chalk up to him being a Ram

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Glennon got the worst luck: free agent former backup QB who looked decent in limited action the year after The Brockening

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A first round pick for AJ McCarron

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

WarCrimes what are the odds of Oakland signing Tony Washington?

Isn't that the ol who was going to be a second round pick until it came out he had sex with his sister

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh is that what he did? WC just kept saying he was a true hero I dunno

Looks like there are actually two Tony Washingtons who've been in the NFL and then the sister one who went undrafted because he had, you know, sex with his sister

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please not the Titans

I can't bear (heh) the idea of them getting Alshon and Williams

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

Okay, I'm an rear end in a top hat and wanted to see if I could name 64 quarterbacks that are legitimately better than Matt Cassel.

Obviously better 27 names
Tom Brady, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Tannehill, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Andrew Luck, Alex Smith, Derrick Carr, Trevor Siemian, Philip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Carson Palmer, Colin Kaepernick

Still pretty obviously better 11 names (38)
Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Garappolo, Josh McCown, Chad Henne, Matt Moore, AJ McCarron, Nick Foles, Derek Anderson, Charlie Whitehurst

Probably better and more upside 12 names (50)
Mike Glennon, Cody Kessler, Matt Barkley, Blake Bortles, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Terrelle Pryor, Tom Savage, Paxton Lynch, Cardale Jones, Bryce Petty, Chase Daniel

Probably better 8 names (58)
Luke McCown, Case Keenum, Thad Lewis, Matt McGloin, Shaun Hill, Drew Stanton, Colt McCoy, T.J. Yates

Not sure if they're actually better, but I'd still rather have them as a backup 3 names (61)
Jacoby Brissett, Trevone Boykin, Joe Webb

Teddy Bridgewater? 1 name (62)
Teddy Bridgewater

About Matt Cassel Tier
Blaine Gabbert, Brandon Weeden, Bruce Gradowski, Ryan Mallett, Kellen Clemens, Scott Tolzien, Landry Jones, Dan Orlovsky, Josh Johnson

So, I guess there's a case for top 64, but there are so many cheaper options out there that are at least as good!

(Also, of course, I'm sure I missed promising third stringers on teams I don't follow, who I would likely also prefer over Matt Cassel.)

And then a few tiers below there's Osweiler

latinotwink1997 posted:

So $15m for the GOAT while Andrew luck gets nearly $25m? That's $10m extra they have for paying other players while still having the GOAT. I don't know how they'd enforce something like that, but it does seem to give an advantage to them.

There's no reason to enforce something like that. If a player wants to take less money it should be his right, just as it's his right to leave the team for more money

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mostly keep hearing this draft is super deep for TEs, CBs and safeties

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

latinotwink1997 posted:

Yea, but like everyone except Pats fans, I'm tired of every other SB being the Pats, and being able to make deals like this only perpetuates the dynasty. It'd be nice to see more variability in teams.

I got tired of seeing the Spurs in the loving Finals, that doesn't mean Duncan should have been forced to be paid what he's worth if winning is more important to him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TB12 turned me from a fat slob into a hunky dreamboat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Patriots would never cheat, Tom Brady is an honorable human being and my friend

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

or is it more alive than ever??

Texans sign Cutler and Marshall :getin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is that an ironic comparison

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Still better than Osweiler

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hifi posted:

without hindsight maybe brock osweiler

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Every time a Houston team has a big free agent who's probably going to walk I hear the same old "You know Texas doesn't have state income tax so he could take less and stay" thing which makes me wonder if there has literally ever been anyone who that has actually been true for in either Texas or Florida

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

No, because Texas has much higher property taxes to compensate for their lower income and sales taxes, and that cost is passed on to renters too, so actually taxes in Texas aren't much lower than anywhere else in the country.

Also it's stupid because the prestige of being the "highest paid x" is part of it regardless of your actual takehome

I'm not saying I buy into it, I just wonder why I've never seen it happen a single time and yet it comes up every year

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/839234964650614787

Bouye and Ramsey would be scary if Bouye turns out to not be a one year wonder

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/839233972626415616

Bye Bouye, thanks for the great year :smith:

Wish the Texans had signed him to a two or three year deal before last season. Probably could have had him for like 3/6 or something. If he's really turned the corner and last season is who he really is, he's going to be a great sign for someone

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not overly worried about losing Bouye I guess because most of his breakout occurred while Kevin Johnson was on IR, so the Texans should still have a very strong secondary. Just sucks to see a player blossom and then immediately leave (Connor Barwin?)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If Cousins is really intent on not signing I can sorrrrrta see why you get what you can instead of paying $25m for one year of a qb you can't build around

This is still pretty ridiculous though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's not really a dirty late hit to a QB when it's Ben Roethlisberger

.... ok I can kind of get on board with that one

• Locked thread