Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

torn about whether i want the bears to resign alshon only because the list of functioning bears wide receivers in my lifetime is basically him, marshall, like a year of curtis conway and superstar Marty Booker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I shouldn't be surprised since you guys never had a QB but this is a pretty sad list.

The franchise record for career receiving yards is just over 5k. 2 RBs in the top 10, 3 other guys listed as Left End or Flanker which means they played in the stone ages. And Ditka.

Alshon has the third-most receiving yards in bears history.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Abugadu posted:

oh god if the Bears overpay for Glennon and make him the starter this will be a glorious few years

hahahahaha yes who can imagine the bears with an overpaid, inept quarterback

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Glennon is like twice as inept as Rex Grossman, though, let alone Orton/Cutler.

What is it with the Bears and barely-not-terrible quarterbacks? It's pathological.

Bears struck bronze with Orton, so they are forgoing the neck beard and just going with neck.

there's like 5 good quarterbacks in the NFL at any given time and it's virtually impossible to find one

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears just going to get bad vet qbs until they can draft Clayton Thorson

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't wait to root for mike giraffe throwing to whatever lovely receivers they get off the scrap heap

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jonathan quinn, but his height is all neck

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow, look at the scouting footage on glennon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZDt52_mxS8

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

There's a ton of money and not that many free agents worth a drat, so I can understand money being ridiculous.

That said, I refuse to believe any Mike Glennon rumors because come the gently caress on, he lost a QB competition to Josh McCown.

Bears McCown may have been the best stretch of quarterbacking this lousy team has had.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Counterpoint: Lovie Smith

don't bust on Lovie, the man who is about to hitch the Fighting Illini to the comet of one Jeff George Jr.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at mike lombardi's REBUILDING PLAN for each team on the Ringer which is basically "get good players."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'd rather run barkley back than watch mike giraffe, at least barkley is funny as hell when he just goes pick wild

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Can't wait to watch the bears and their toys r us mascot quarterback

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Neck Osweiler

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The only good quarterback my team has ever had was half a season of josh mccown

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Necks Grossman

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jonathan Chin

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears need to bring in rusty smith for a camp battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60SZ7Hk0wdQ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fsif posted:

Is Vlad Ducasse good?

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NIXON: Jesus Christ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

glennon leads his men into the huddle

ouch, i didn't expect your head to be there, they say

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am going to be so disappointed if cutler is not a jet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

Hopefully Matt Barkley doesn't tank another chance at a number one pick.

matt barkley owned, he was tossing it all over the drat place and then he comically melted down and threw like 12 interceptions in 2 games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

89 posted:

Hey, did you guys know that Alshon Jeffrey is a Philadelphia Eagle? :iamafag:

Did you guys know thatttt? :iamafag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prgm4eKq6d4

alshon owns, it was incredibly dumb for the bears to let him go like that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Not good to get within range of brock's arms, smart play is to stand 15 yards away and dare him to hit you with a football

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

assuming that cutler inevitably is a jet, i can't decide if it is funnier if he sucks and is pilloried by the tabloids with cut puns or if he is just much, much better than glennon; it seems likely that both of these scenarios happen simultaneously

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's incredible to me that Cutler was so despised in Chicago that fans still hated him even after he lived out every single one of their dreams by telling Martz to go gently caress himself on live television

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love in all the talk about how the glennon deal is a savvy front-loaded contract that doesn't really hamstring them they forget about the fact that glennon completely sucks and will probably at most like 10% better than whatever vet min scrap heap guy they could pick up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

Draft like 3 QBs in the middle rounds and just let them battle it out over the season. Maybe you hit on something.

the bears will never have a competent quarterback

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Roasted Donut posted:

he's pretty good but he also missed almost all of last year and there are younger guys on the roster that fill the same role as him so he was expendable

quote:

After leaving the Bears, Muhammad told Sports Illustrated Chicago is "where wide receivers go to die."

:rip:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sean10mm posted:

That seems like a terrible deal for him on multiple levels, wow.

gonna get those stats up when neck osweiler is tossing balls 3 yards in front of him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry to the giants for being bamboozled into signing a fake, non-existent football player, that's probably just the name of some guy's friend

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jesus christ even the jets don't want cutler

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

does anyone here think mike giraffe is going to be any more than like 10% better than the sanchize

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly, sanchez has spiritually been a bear his entire career

what's the lovely quarterback who got trapped under an american flag doing, why not complete the set

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Imagine Sanchez winning the job and Glennon having to ride the bench again after thinking he was going to be the starter.

Poor guy

i honestly believe that there's a pretty good chance that sanchez is literally better than glennon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

giving money to mark sanchez should be a fireable offense

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

He'll be 35 when the season starts.

Gates will be 37 :stare:

gates is deceptively young though because (and this is some football trivia that not a ton of people know) he didn't play football in college. no, my friend, antonio gates played basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Case Keenum to the Vikings

the NFC North is now resettling all the lovely quarterbacks

• Locked thread