Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'd prefer we go after McCoy than Peterson, AP didn't look too hot in his few carries last season. Could just be due to an early return from injury, I suppose. But also, AP didn't sound like he was interested in GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Packers giving me 2005 flashbacks with this "let's get rid of our two all-pro guards" philosophy. If Don Barclay is starting next year, I'm mentally checking out of the season before we begin.

Also Landry Jones sucks.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

swickles posted:

Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler made a ton of money by looking worse than Landry Jones does. That's all I am talking about. People were talking about giving a first round pick for Jimmy G despite him showing only an Alex Smith level of talent at hitting an open guy in the flats.

Matt "Franchise records" Flynn? 480 yds and 6 TDs in his starting debut?

Osweiler at least looked mildly serviceable in his fill-in games.

Landry Jones' best game was a fluke OT win against the 1-15 Browns, where the Browns had three game-sealing opportunities go all a-brownsian.

He is a hot turd.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Glennon? He's an UFA so he has no trade value to the Bucs.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/837446686251319297

oh god if the Bears overpay for Glennon and make him the starter this will be a glorious few years

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

hahahahaha yes who can imagine the bears with an overpaid, inept quarterback

please this is all i have

with the cubs winning and the world hell-bent on entering a second dark ages

only the bears doing awful will soothe my dark soul

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears struck bronze with Orton, so they are forgoing the neck beard and just going with neck.

there's like 5 good quarterbacks in the NFL at any given time and it's virtually impossible to find one

There's like 12 instant must-start guys, 4 promising young guys, and Eli. That's half the league.

You just had the problem where Cutler was too talented to bench/trade/cut but too error-prone to be good.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

poo poo, we might not be able to afford Lang.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Yaaay and the Bears are getting Glennoned yessss

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Lol no they wouldn't. Upgrading from the 32nd best QB in the league to like the 27th ain't gonna make that much of an impact.

If Charles goes to the Seahawks, that leaves the Raiders and the Patriots from AP's preferred teams who could still potentially sign him. And I don't think the Patriots are interested. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards signing him, but only if he plays well. If he's gonna be bad then I don't think we should spend the money.

Cutler is, to me, an unpredictable commodity at this point. Looked great at times, awful at others, isn't going to carry a team but if you put him on a team loaded like Houston in a weak AFC South he could be surprising.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

Excuse me, but weak afc South?

I'll stand by that. Houston won it last year w Osweiler, Colts are regressing, Titans are starting to surge but aren't dominant yet, Jacksonville will perenially be the team everyone expects to make big strides before they bortle it up again.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I don't understand why people are saying the Osweiler trade was a good move by Cleveland. Isn't 16 million a lot to pay for a 2nd round pick? It's not even a high pick, the Texans made the playoffs. I know the Browns have 100m in cap space but why not break the bank for nice free agents if you want to burn money

It's a gamble, but if you're fully committed to rebuilding, and you're not going to win this year, might as well roll the dice. Beats wasting the money on Glennon or something.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Hand Row posted:

The Packers didn't even bother to make an offer. He is versatile but not fast enough for corner or big enough for safety.

Still made some incredible plays.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Hand Row posted:

Did he? He usually just missed them barely because he just isn't quick enough. Cowboy game was sweet though.

He was always good for one or two game saving picks or pass breakups a year, out of nowhere, usually after an injury to a starter.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

god please don't let cleveland have traded a bunch of high picks for him

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Happy we got Kendricks, I thought he looked good on the Rams, they just didn't use him much.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Not that happy that we let Lang go and lowballed him on the way out. We're going to be atom-thin at o-line again, assuming Spriggs fills in for Lang. Any one of our front five goes down at this point and it's death for Rodgers.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Butler needs to get paid now, while there's still some positive hype around him.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

The issue is that there is no scenario that get's him paid, unless he accepts that he is going to get at 10m less than Gilmore, and that's under the assumption that he can convince the Patriots that he is worth Gilmore money. Every other team has no incentive to sign him to an offer sheet even close to that, given that they would have to part with their first round pick for him - a pick that if we use the Osweiler trade as benchmark, is probably worth north of 20m.

Ah, forgot he has a 1st rnd price tag. Yeah he hosed.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

omg yes

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Haha holy poo poo

Vote for sanchez

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

weird Asian candy posted:

I knew which one lol

I was more bringing to light that there have now been 3 NFL franchise moves in a short period of time, which is just crazy to think about.

This is one of those 'if you could go back in time to screw with your younger self' and just pop in and go 'hey guess what LA's going to have two NFL teams again really soon, and neither of them will be the Raiders, but they're moving too, and also you have a tumor and you won't believe where it is!' and then pop out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Super happy about the Jahri Evans signing, mostly because it keeps Barclay off the field.

• Locked thread