Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

A guy called into Mike Francesa today asking about guys like DJ Fluker and Chance Warmack as possible helpful additions to the Giants or Jets offensive line.

Francesa cut him off and said that those players don't exist and are probably just names of the caller's friends.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/839573562939826176/video/1

How do I get into sports radio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

If the Eagles only wind up with Kenny Britt as their big skill position signing....

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

They're probably gonna lose Johnathan Hankins so even though Williams fits the same role Snacks does already, there's no harm in making it literally impossible for anyone to run between the B gaps on you I guess.

Hankins is a better pass rusher than either of the others but still not as consistent as you would like, it's more likely the Giants are just banking on one of their young DE's (or a draft pick) to become that third pass rusher to fill in for nascar packages.

That's if they sign Williams of course, Hankins isn't officially a goner yet but chances are he prices himself out of the Giants' range

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I was looking for the words to sum up my excitement at the OBJ/Marshall/Shepard receiving trio earlier, but like with most things in life, EDP puts it much more eloquently than I ever could - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6UIJBf5NM&t=149s

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Did some research, plays G and T, PFF has him as one of the most improved O-linemen and McKenzie was with GB when they drafted him. Just a depth signing.

https://twitter.com/SilverBlakPride/status/840428402792267776

PFF is trash.

Much like Marshall Newhouse!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Mike Garafolo& #8207;Verified account @MikeGarafolo
OT DJ Fluker agrees to a one-year deal with the Giants, source says. Former 11th overall pick gets a chance to reset his career.

He'll either play RT or RG for the Giants. He's not great by any means, but in order to qualify as an improvement all he needs to do is clear a John Jerry or Marshall Newhouse sized bar.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

sorry to the giants for being bamboozled into signing a fake, non-existent football player, that's probably just the name of some guy's friend

I had forgotten about that with Francesa, him having to own up to it now would be hilarious.

But instead he'll just continue to pretend like there was a bad connection and he couldn't hear the guy and he'll get a free pass for falling asleep on the air while becoming more and more senile.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Eli Was Right

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ezekiel Elliot has moved on from his DV accusations of last offseason and matured to now only expose other girl's titties during parades

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/03/13/ezekiel-elliott-expose-woman-breast-st-pattys-day-parade/

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

pubic works project posted:

He's wanting more than $10 mil per year.

Colts signed NT Al Woods from Tennessee to a two year deal. Metapod? Does he stink?

I still want Hankins.

yeah I just saw that too.

quote:

Jordan Raanan& #8207;Verified account
@JordanRaanan

Reached out to sources around league and found that DT Johnathan Hankins is asking for A LOT of money. A lot as in more than $10M per year.

Hankins isn't in the same universe as a player who deserves 10+ and I wish anyone who gives him that a lot of luck.

He was a distant 4th most valuable member of the Giants starting 4 linemen and didn't impress that much while being single teamed all year. He is better suited to be a 1 tech player which might help on a team that doesn't have Snacks so he probably has more value elsewhere though.

Seems more likely that he'll have to take a 1 year prove it deal as well. I'll take him back for $5 mil!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Cool, some initial reports had it being north of 17 a year. Cheaper than vernon.

Wonder if it is structured in a similar way with a low year one cap hit to give them some flexibility now to make another move.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

John Brown posted:

So how did he play last season? I'm at work so I can only get away with watching so much YouTube

He was good. No concerns about his hand anymore, he has no problem holding his own at the point of attack or shedding blocks. The big concern obviously would be him actually being able to match the strength of NFL OTs but he's still a very plus run defender.

Most of his sacks came in a stretch against bad teams but at the same time I thought he was a consistently good player all season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Yet he's going to the hall of fame and Rivers won't and I'll be really salty about it

eli

was

right

• Locked thread