Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Byrd will be good again when he's playing for not-the-Saints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don't think anyone is going to pay what the Saints will want for Cooks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It's not impossible that Glennon could make a lot of people in this thread look foolish.

Oh no, do you think that neck thing is contagious?!

Edit: damnit chiche

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Evil is evil. No matter what walk of life it's in. I don't believe that a decent human being can root for that team with no qualms.

This is ridiculous.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Good depth, not a very good starter.

Good depth anywhere else is a good starter for SF.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Saints were never going to pay Cooks once his contract was up and they haven't had problems finding receivers who can produce in the Brees years. I wish they'd gotten a higher pick than 32, but I'm guessing that there wasn't actually a better offer on the table.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't see how the saints are going to be competitive again while Brees is still playing and I don't think they want to be.

I'm not sure what Brees playing has to do with them not being competitive.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I think people probably look better when they go to the Patriots because they have a better QB throwing to them, and because the patriots run about 7 picks on every play to get dudes open. These guys aren't necessarily hidden gems, they're just guys who fit the role the Pats want them to play but that role may not exist on other teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

korrandark posted:

[[ Please wait, retrieving information... ]]

No there isn't. Kicker is almost as bad as QB when it comes to quality at the position.

Even if this were true (it isn't) it wouldn't follow that you should try to find a kicker in the draft, since that would require that NFL front offices were adept at scouting them, and they aren't. Kickers are cheap to sign and hard to scout, which means sorting through the pile until you find one that sticks is the exact right approach.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

korrandark posted:

Counterpoint: The Bengals last year.

Nugent was 48/49 on extra points the previous year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

korrandark posted:

I never said anything about drafting a kicker. My point was that it was bullshit that there are a bunch of good kickers just waiting to get snapped up.

Ted Nugent was a good kicker in 2015 and a bad kicker in 2016. That's because the difference between a good NFL kicker and a bad one isn't that great. The fact that they are generally so good makes the bad streaks really stand out.

It's definitely nothing like the disparity between the best and worst QBs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Don't the Saints still have their usual salary cap issues? They're about to give a 5 year deal with a big signing bonus to a 32 year old running back aren't they?

Not really. Most of their dead money is gone after this year and Brees contract ends this year as well so they either restructure him short term again or move on. Byrd can be cut after this year as well to save money. The Saints don't really have many big contracts left.

Reports are the deal is for 3 million this year, and I'd wager it's a 1 year deal at least in structure. Peterson probably wants a prove it deal since he's not getting any of the offers he seems to want.

I still don't like it though, because he's a garbage human.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know, if he puts up a 1500 yard season he has a pretty good chance of someone paying him pretty well for a couple/three years.

He almost surely won't of course, but that's probably his thought process.

Yea, I mean fans know that you shouldn't sign a 32 year old running back to a long expensive contract, but do people really expect a player who was very recently the best in the NFL at his position to go "it's cool, I'm old as dirt and probably lovely, nobody pay me"?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Guess there's our annual old player reclamation. Bennett was too young and too recently good to qualify.

This guy was cut by the Seahawks. Not exactly a vote of confidence.

He played for the Saints last year and was alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I hate all of you

Eagles should not trade Kelce for Ingram

No, they def should.

• Locked thread