Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

For the two games where they're both healthy.

Garcon's pretty durable. Of the two Redskins receivers hitting the market I think I'd rather sign him. Dude is tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/BMoreBeatdown/status/839068127686246400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's not a drafted WR, but would be an investment in a relatively young guy instead of Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin for once.

Or Derrick Mason. Ravens got a thing for old as poo poo WRs.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sixteen million dollars for a receiver who can barely scrape together a 1000 yard season?

Like put the cap hit (which is significantly lower) aside for a minute and look at the above sentence.

He doesn't miss games, he's got reliable hands (not Marvin Harrison catch every pass hands but good enough that he caught like 110 passes one year), always fights for extra yardage and is one of the toughest run blocking WRs in the league. As a Redskins fan I'm gonna miss Garcon more than Jackson, as fun as it is to watch that guy catch 60 yard bombs and troll the DBs.

I'm also gonna miss Cousins too :( Been my guy since I was drunk in a bar and watched him beat Wisconsin on a Hail Mary.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

Its gonna be fun when Fox and Loggains are shown the door after the season and he gets to learn another system.

At least he's got experience doing it. Hell it may even be a system he's previously learned!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

Greg Schiano deserves a second chance.

Just like his teams at the end of games when the other team was taking knees.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Everything comes full circle

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

We're gonna keep you for another year to spite you and hopefully prove to everybody what we've suspected all along: you suck and are worth Mike Glennon money!

Also thanks for stopping by Kurt it was nice talking to you

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Bummer about losing Malcolm Butler. The guy was literally the sole reason for us winning that Super Bowl.

"The sole reason" seems to discount Pete Carroll's role in that outcome.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

This tweet makes it seem like Marty and the Raiders are about to bang.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

From what I've gathered so far the Redskins plan on signing nobody.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

At this point with the Redskins, I'm on board with chaos. gently caress it all. Trade Cousins for a bag of that sticky California weed and bring back RG3 baby. Choo chooooo!!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Gotcha. So basically, his good streak wasn't sustainable, it was a gimmick people don't use because of exactly what wound up happening.

Pretty much. Mike and Kyle realized super early on, based on tape and OTAs and stuff, that this guy just could not do things that an NFL QB should be able to do. Drop back, read a defense, making the right read, all that. So they tailor built an offense for him in like three months or so and it was really effective. Really simple. Read the DE, give it to Alfred if he stays home. If its a play action pass, read only one side of the field. That was it. Make something happen if the play is broken.

What they couldn't account for was his stubbornness on "never giving up on a play" and "not learning how to slide and protect himself", which lead to him taking hits that resembled the crash test dummy commercials. Add to the fact that he was just too small and skinny to be taking the hits like he did and thats how he ended up the way he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Also Bob Griffin was never the fastest turning a corner. He was Forrest Gump running in a straight line, but as far as getting to the corner and turning it...just wasnt his strong suit. He never had that Vick like agility and presence. So when his knee got torn up and he did the "All In for Game 1" thing and tried to be like Adrian Peterson with the ACL recovery, it really hosed him because it was obvious he wasn't recovered the way he should be, and had lost his straight line speed to boot.

• Locked thread