Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

Also Fat Mike.

They released Tolbert??? Wowzers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sean10mm posted:

His career average passer rating is 85.7.

His passer rating in 2008 was... 86.0.

All his stats that season are like that, except he threw more often than usual for him. Completion %, yards/attempt, interception rate... all his usual.

It was just generic Jay Cutler. It's always just generic Jay Cutler. :effort:

Million dollar arm. 10 cent brain. Jay Cutler.

Has there been anyone in the league that has had as many "maybe this is the year he puts it all together" seasons as Jay Cutler? I mean, it's been literally every year with him lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Jeff George?

I dunno...I feel like people knew who Jeff George was pretty early on but I could be wrong. Jay just seems to elicit glimmers of hope year after year, it's pretty funny.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Hell, a significant chunk of why the Falcons lost the Superbowl was because their RT and a RB got injured in the first half and then the backups hosed up their blocking assignment on a play, and Ryan gets strip sacked as he's trying to throw a deep bomb to a wide open receiver.

God. DAMNIT, Kalli! :argh:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sataere posted:

I don't understand why Cutler is viewed from a different lense than his peers.

Outside of Cam though, I don't know if any of those QBs have shown the greatness that Jay could have been. He has moments of elite level QB play ... and then he shits in his own mouth over and over and over again.

tbf, Cutler got a lot of crap from Bear fans when their (Bears) problems weren't him many times.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

fsif posted:

It's because he's a dick.

I agree with your larger point, though. He'll probably end up making whatever team he ends up on way better.

I dunno about way better. Hasn't he been to the playoffs like once in his career? Clearly Jay needs to go to Cleveland.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sean10mm posted:

There are teams that would benefit A LOT from league average or so QB play in place of tire fire QB play.

The problem with Cutler is expecting him to be an Aaron Rodgers "carry the team on his back every week" kind of guy. He's not ever gonna be that guy. Play decent defense, run the ball a decent amount and let him huck play-action bombs to somebody worth a crap and you'll do fine though.

He's so weird though because you think he should be able to benefit a team a lot...but I just don't know how much. He isn't even .500 for his career. He isn't going to outright win you any games like you said, but he sure could lose some for you with his bone headed decisions.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

fsif posted:

This is going to be a long offseason.

Not for defending offseason champion Buffalo Bills! You have a lot of work to do to go b2b

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How a non-coached by Lovie Smith Chris Conte is still in the league is beyond me...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Volkerball posted:

you threw it like 60 yards that time

Glennon: "I can throw a pigskin a quarter"
Sanchez: "...quarter mile?"
Glennon: "No...the length of a quarter"

:smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Is an entire franchise moving not enough for you

Which one?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I knew which one lol

I was more bringing to light that there have now been 3 NFL franchise moves in a short period of time, which is just crazy to think about.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

That would be incredibly dumb in addition to being illegal because what if he gets traded to Denver somehow? Now Denver has your playbook

What if Romo and said Texans player pinky swear?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

That what, he won't turn over the playbook to his new team if he gets traded elsewhere?

Yes. Maybe he even throws in a "I'll be your best friend".

The whole thing is just ridiculous, Jerry Jones somehow looks worse than normal.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

Maybe a bunch of Texans players can have Romo come chill at one of their houses and barricade the door with a chair while tweeting out travel emojis

Given the Dallas connection, that would be amazing and I sincerely want this to happen now.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Think it's the whole DeAndre Jordan/Mark Cuban fiasco from a couple of NBA seasons ago.

Yup it is!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/849716482149945344

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

5'9", 178 lbs...woof

Dude better be fast, if they catch him he goin' die

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's like Trindon Holliday right? Those tiny dudes never work out except for like, Desean Jackson.

Wait Nevermind, Trindon Holliday was 5'5"! drat. Can't be many NFL players who have been shorter than that.

haha, yeah and he was 169 lbs. I didn't realize he is that tiny...the Muggsy Bogues of the NFL

He is only 2" taller than Muggsy! :stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I mean Frank Gore is currently 8th on the all time rushing list, could move up to 4th with a 1,100 yard season which would put him ahead of the likes of Curtis Martin, LdT, Bettis, Dickerson, Dorsett, Brown, Faulk, Allen, Harris, Thurman, etc.

Not sure if he is a "lock" I guess, but it looks pretty good for him I would say wouldn't you?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dan Rooney just died

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Don't the Saints still have their usual salary cap issues? They're about to give a 5 year deal with a big signing bonus to a 32 year old running back aren't they?

Who is basically a lesser version of Mark Ingram at this point in his career lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

im dumb

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 25, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wrong thread

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

I really don't see why it's so hard to understand that the Raiders own and are going to the superbowl

My Raiders/Falcons Superbowl prediction was a year off. I apologize. See you in February, friend.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Falcons not winning 8 games this season. Could still win division.

Nah

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

warcrimes posted:

I got the first round

I'll take the 4th

Mostly because lol typical Falcons don't show up in the 4th and I wouldn't have to pay the bill :cheers:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Should probably just switch topics altogether.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

jesus, barnidge deserved better.

Much like Alex Mack and Taylor Gabriel.

Come to Atlanta, GBarn, we will appreciate you.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

And not having people who can cover for you on sick days or vacation is the worst. My wife left her current position recently at DHS because of this very problem. Constantly getting screwed out of vacation time is no fun.

Seriously this. Not being able to leave your work phone and laptop behind on a vacation or day off or having people calling you on your days off are the absolute worst. I'm of the mindset to enable as many people as I can so I don't have to do poo poo, but that's me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sataere posted:

I've been at my job 11 years and my bosses love me. I make a point of showing them the numbers with my job in comparison to the rest of my department, so they can see just how much more I do.

Oh you are THAT guy

• Locked thread