Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

This is the thread where I get moist about Romo to the Texans before it inevitably doesn't happen

Then repeat with Cutler

Trade you Romo for Watt straight up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

a neat cape posted:

All of them.

They think all native Americans are the same.

Sad!

If you get one of those $100 dna test kits that outline your anscetry they lump all of the native americans in one basket. They break down europe, asia, and africa by country, but the entirety of the Americas regarding natives is just a big circle.

My friend is columbian and i've taken to calling her an eskimo because the way the map painted her genetic lineage.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Leperflesh posted:

I did 23 and Me (and I have no native american heritage, which was actually a surprise because supposedly my dad's mom was born on a Cherokee reservation and was supposedly half or quarter Cherokee, but apparently not, welp) but basically this isn't the fault of the DNA testing sites; it's the fact that we don't have enough reliable genetic markers to distinguish between different historical tribes. You have to get a lot of DNA tests from people whose heritage you're sure about before you can start to identify those markers.

That said, you definitely should be able to distinguish between Inuit heritage and south American native ancestry, LOL.

Cool thing though: found out I'm not native american at all, but was surprised to find out I'm 25% Ashkenazi Jewish. It's all on my father's side, too, so either his mom or his dad was a European Jew. Dunno which, probably never will, but it's a cool thing for me to just randomly learn about myself.

I get why its hard to differentiate (cause we killed all the natives) but they don't even put effort forth on sorting them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

I thought they waived him

They can't designate him a June 1st cut until after 4PM today so as of right now he is still a Cowboy. Trade talks probably picked up with news of him getting cut because it can stem a bidding war and guarantee his services if someone can trade for him instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cash Monet posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/840235686896762881

The way this offseason has gone for them they'll land a 5th round pick and a warm root beer.

Snyder will give someone a 3rd just to take Cousins off his hands.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I dont remember him doing anything remarkable one way or another but i wouldnt get excited about a former dallas defender.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The cowboys defense has been bad for years now and has only looked good on paper because they have a ball control offense and other teams were usually playing from behind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

This is getting embarrassing

*Texans pull shrewd move to ditch Osweiler and create cap space*

*Texans follow up by signing literally no one*

Its all for Romo and thats the bulk of what they need.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair we never got that scenario to play out so maybe they are right.

Seabass is one of the most successful Raiders first round picks ever. I can't blame the bucs for trying to get one of their own, but loving :lol: if you watched his senior season at FSU and thought Aguyo was the guy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wish the Texans would just trade a first for Romo already and be done with it. The suspense is killing me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm with you. I'd rather him end up a Texan than anywhere else. I just want it to be over and done with.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

Where is the Romo release

Where I ask

This was supposed to happen today

:sigh:

I figure if he doesn't get traded to the Texans he's just going to flat out retire.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

On the plus side, the fact that he's stringing Romo along after all his talk about "do right" contracts prior to the new league year makes it less likely Romo rules out the Texans out of loyalty

Right?

:sigh:

Romo is gonna have a steer on his helmet and its going to be interesting and I'm actually going to cheer for the Texans for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Isn't Witten like 32?

He still has his distortion field around him where anytime a defender gets near they suddenly drop to half speed.

• Locked thread