Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Denver is longer a team that is in win-now mode, they still have 3-4 really great defensive players and a few good receivers but that's really it. any new Denver QB will have to deal with a new HC/OC implementing their system in year 1, and there's no offensive line, no run game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Ranking Cutler around Flacco and Alex Smith sounds about right, all 3 are kinda average and sometimes bad, with brief moments of good play

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Hell yeah baby! Hell yeah!! I love it!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
This is eerily similar to about 4 years ago when Peyton was doing his free agency tour and didn't even visit KC (because his agent loving hated Scott Pioli) and ended up signing with Denver

Or when Emmanuel Sanders did the same thing

gently caress Denver

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I love Brandon Marshall but the Chiefs WR corps is kinda set for the first time in years. Tyreek Hill is the #1 and Maclin and Conley are dependable #2/3s

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

No Butt Stuff posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/836644811973230592

welp, his cap hit is probably less than 5M this year.

gently caress yeah!!!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

I hope KC takes a run at Hightower even though he will probably be too expensive, ILB is a wasteland right now

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

No Butt Stuff posted:

That's what I was thinking, but the space cleared by declining to keep Foles and cutting Charles will be immediately hoovered up by tagging Poe because of course we're going to trip on our dicks in some way.

Tagging Poe is a mistake. I feel like KC kinda ran him into the ground by playing him so much, he's deteriorated year over year. Bailey/Howard were re-signed last season and Chris Jones is around.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
When was the last time a team let a young, healthy, rising potential-franchise-QB hit free agency? Just wondering how unique this Redskins gently caress up is

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I don't remember the Vinny T stuff but Matt Flynn and Brock were both backups that were seen as promising starters, although Brock never really looked good in Denver. Cousins has had 2 years of good play as a starter, which is rare for a QB outside of the usual 5-7 guys at the top

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I have identified the missing piece in the Chiefs defense........his last name rhymes with "despite our"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't get it.

Grittybeard posted:

It's a very bad rhyme with noted MLB prospect Deshone Kizer is all I can come up with.

Dont'a Hightower would be a great fit in KC. Having a ILB that can blitz effectively will give Sutton another tool to work with

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Hightower rhymes perfectly with despite our

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Kansans are hunting a different type of Indian these days

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
There's a photo of Britt at the podium of a Rutgers press conference and he looks like a cartoon character, I hope someone finds it and posts it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
What does Brian Hoyer going to SF mean for the whole Cousins thing? I don't want this Redskins clusterfuck to end :(

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Volkerball posted:

osweilers contract was so bad the whole league has to take the hit. it's like when lehman brothers went down and it ruined the global economy.

:lol:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
This is really incredible entertainment, I just wish I had the appropriate snacks to enjoy along with it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I took an executive lunch at a place that has 70 local craft beers, and had a hipster crafted organic oyster po'boy. Feeling pretty good and entertained rn

fffuck fried oysters are probably my all time favorite food, I'm eating a drat plain yogurt while watching this incredible news happen

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Crazy Ted posted:

The best thing about the Osweiler contract is that you'd think teams would have gotten the hint when he couldn't beat out a Peyton Manning playing on one foot and with the hips of a 90-year-old.

Coaches are very arrogant personalities so they love thinking they will be the ones to turn a players development around

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The best redskins WR from last season is still on the team, so is Jordan reed and maybe Josh Doctson will be good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Because Osweiler is even stupider than he looks

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I don't understand why people are saying the Osweiler trade was a good move by Cleveland. Isn't 16 million a lot to pay for a 2nd round pick? It's not even a high pick, the Texans made the playoffs. I know the Browns have 100m in cap space but why not break the bank for nice free agents if you want to burn money

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Alter Ego posted:

Emmanuel Sanders a couple years ago? The Patriots signed him to an offer sheet, but the Broncos swooped in at the last minute.

No it was the Chiefs that had him almost signed, when the Broncos swooped in

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Pryor is a good pickup for the Skins after losing Djax and Garcon. Pryor/Crowder/Doctson isn't too bad for a WR trio, I know Doctson hasn't played an NFL snap yet

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

fishing with the fam posted:

What is the deal the one year contracts? Both Alshon and Pryor are going the one year deal route, when conventional wisdom was that they would get a more lucrative multiyear deal. I am really confused as to the why of these deals.

They both have off-field issues (Alshon has been busted for PEDs and there are lots of stories/rumors of Pryor being a headcase disliked by his teammates/coaches) so they are signing 1-year prove-it deals to boost their value for next year's free agency period

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

89 posted:

One year WR Pryor better than Jeffrey?

Him being a WR for a year only, makes him look even better. He just started playing the position and already posted a 1000 yd season with a bunch of Browns QBs throwing at him

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Intruder posted:

As opposed to Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley

89 posted:

Jefffey has been doing that for years with Browns QBs caliber QBs

I was more referring to the poor notion that Pryor is a risk because he only has been playing WR for a year. To me that's a bonus, that he is already that good after 1 year dedicated to the position at a pro level

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Chiefs have neither signed a FA or had a FA leave yet...god drat this is boring

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

Why wouldn't you have just signed him?

Brandon Marshall would be perfect for us, he's basically DJ clone

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs extended 3rd safety/guy with a nickname Daniel Sorensen.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/840548503352967169

Not that they were really in it but this ought to put them out of the safety market for the next couple of years with Berry and Ron Parker locked up.

I love it. Parker and Sorenson are really solid safeties that make tons of impact plays. Eric Berry ain't bad either

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Bennie Logan is a great signing, Chiefs need a huge 2-gapping run stopper along the DL

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Witten is the Tim Duncan of football. Woo another 4 yard catch for a first down..Oh look at that fundamentally sound inline blocking...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Cutler isn't any better than Osweiler

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Sean Smith was pretty good his final year in KC. He always has had problems with speedy receivers though. He also turned it around last year in Oakland and had a good end to the season after getting benched.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I really hope Lynch isn't a Raider when Marcus Peters hits FA, they are best friends and both from Oakland and I can see where this is heading.............

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Shut the gently caress up

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Why haven't you sucked my dick yet Metapod, the flirting is getting old

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Knowing how to suck a dick is a valuable skill and can get you out of a variety of situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
ehh that was not consensual! I'm talking about some buds having fun after some pickup basketball or something

• Locked thread