Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns free agency is pretty boring outside of one obvious case. Pretty minimal on number anyway I don't expect many back with 11 picks as it stands.

Tramon Williams (CB): He’s startable not good enough to match up against top talent but could help while a rookie transitions. Not a must have but would be nice.

:siren:Terrelle Pryor (WR):siren: : Word is that he wants to stay long term and has made it clear to his agents thank the football gods. Clear #1 WR finishing with 1000 yards during the QB holocaust.

Britton Colquitt (punter)

Austin Pasztor (OL): depth guy that got pressed into service at tackle with the departure of Schwartz and the draftees not being immediate starters. Didn’t get injured, is 26 and competent depth if nothing else.

Stephen Paea (DE): depth guy at best. He’s nothing special and will probably not be retained with Meder having a competent season, Ogbah likely moving to DE (he was selected as a pass rushing 3-4 OLB to replace/compete with Kruger), Nassib and the presumed selection of Myles Garret.

Jordan Poyer (S): We’re expected to take a safety at #12 for multiple reasons.

Austin Davis (QB): depth during the QB holocaust. Probably brought back on minimum to fight for QB 2 or 3 with McCown getting cut.

Josh Gordon (WR): Probably booted from the league. He’s an RFA so there’s a very loving long shot we throw a cheap prove it deal at him but unlikely for obvious reasons. Here’s hoping you get sober someday Josh.

Marcus Burley (CB): depth guy that I didn’t know existed till I double checked the list of free agents this year.

Isaiah Crowell (RB): did have a PR incident with the Cleveland PD that would’ve gone utterly and completely missed if it didn’t happen the same day as the Dallas shooting. He was the lead back in the duo that achieved a 40 year high in team run average. Wasn’t a part of the problem this season and never has been. He’s an RFA that I’d expect to be back but could face real competition if we take a late round RB.

Edit: gently caress my list didn't have all the RFA's

Jamie Meder AKA The Pierogi Prince of Parma (DL): Will be retained as a hometown kid and a case of "what have you done for me lately?" for blocking a last second field goal leading to the single Browns victory. He's well liked among the fans.

George Atkinson (RB): depth guy that will lose his spot if we draft an RB.

Raijon Neal (RB): another depth guy that might have dressed week 17.

Gabe Wright (DL): depth guy behind a surprisingly competent Danny Shelton this year. Will get a chance to fight for a spot on the new 4-3 defense.

Rannell Hall (WR): depth guy that's played 1 game. Easily replaced with a UDFA.

Mario Alford (WR): depth guy 1 catch for 15 yards in 2 seasons. easily replaced.

Dylan Wynn (DL): depth guy that's played 4 games.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I have this awful sinking feeling that the Browns are going to Mitchell Swartz up the Terrell Pryor deal. Goddamnit.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

89 posted:

The dumb part on the Browns is that they are all about this Moneyball approach and found the perfect situation, Pryor. A QB converted into a reciever. NOTHING was expected of him. Most probably expected him to be cut. Instead he turns in a 1,000 yard season. As a WR convert.

Then the Browns let him back into free agency. Wtf.

We'll take it

Flikken posted:

...gently caress

Just think of that sweet comp pick the Browns are going to get!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Large number of Browns fans are shockingly stupid and don't understand that we're going to have to overpay Pryor just like we did with Jamie Collins. They were just happy to have overpaid Collins.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

hifi posted:

pick one to spend approximately 4 years 72 million dollars on

RG3

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Unless he can play center this makes no sense. The only other things that could make this work are moving him to tackle or anticipating that Greco is done.

Flikken posted:

Can he pay center?

And isn't that more than what Alex Mack got?

We offered Mack something like 11.5 and he took 9.5 with more guaranteed cash and to get back to Shanahan.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Watching Browns fans go all The Decision on Pryor is getting sad. To many people think Sashi is some kind of savant and not a schmuck in over his head.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Maybe if the Browns sign Tretter they'll finally cut Cam Erving?

They're going to try Erving at tackle at least through camp.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers are in on Micah Hyde.

Only 6ft. gently caress that there's a 6'5 safety in this draft why would Gettleman sign this tiny boy?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

See analytics tells us that if we get a really good O-line and nothing else we'll win games.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Being on a team GM'd by Elway somehow massively increases the value of a QB. I wonder how he does it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Well I guess if we keep Crowell we go full smashmouth next season.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Well Gettleman paid big money for a offensive tackle that's what everyone wanted. :colbert:

RIP Cam. The racist white fans will finally be satisfied.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

If the Browns blow all this draft capital to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo, I'll smack someone with a rolled-up newspaper.

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/839971154140016642

Lets see some analytics!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I don't understand why people are saying the Osweiler trade was a good move by Cleveland. Isn't 16 million a lot to pay for a 2nd round pick? It's not even a high pick, the Texans made the playoffs. I know the Browns have 100m in cap space but why not break the bank for nice free agents if you want to burn money

Browns need wins before more players will come. People don't have much faith in this FO and it's showing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fsif posted:

Jordan Poyer signed with the Bills.

Browns fans does this move matter literally at all or is he just a warm body?

It was a foregone conclusion that we were using our 2nd first to take a safety about half way through the season. He's a room temp body on a good day.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

1 year 8mil to Pryor? Goddamn that's less than anyone expected.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

With all the big WR prospects signed what the hell are the Titans doing? I'm not aware of anyone besides Mike Williams in the draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Metapod posted:

They are going to draft Mike Williams

CB at 5 and I doubt Mike survives till their next pick which is after the Ravens. It just seems odd to be that far in on a WR that isn't top 5.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The hell would the Seahawks with AP? They're already got Rawls and Procise. I guess they're expecting another season where everyone gets injured.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I keep hoping someone from my school ends up a somewhat big deal. :smith:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Frank Gore will never die and play into his 50's. He will then outlive us all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Intruder posted:

lol Jay Cutler still isn't a Texan

This is the dumbest team

They're drafting Mahomes the young Jay Cutler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Pat's are prepping to go smashmouth with all the RB signings.

• Locked thread