Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

so is the left half of the controller hosed up or what? i heard it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i wish nintendo would unfuck itself and just make a console that plugs into a tv and nothing else, and is controlled by a wireless controller that looks like it wasnt conceived by a tard with 10 kinds of palsy

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Verily I Shat posted:

Well, aren't you a beefy teen.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Professor SJW posted:

this will be me when the switch come out

look at that guy having so much fun on that plane goddamn

i really like how nintendo had to make that video to suggest all these lovely uses of that thing, because there's no way that any sane person would do any of them

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Professor SJW posted:

*carefully sets up switch for video game time

hey sleepy guy i got a axe an a sword lol

this is just loving bananas on all levels

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Professor SJW posted:

haha i make fun but seriously i am buying one :love:

i just wish it didnt do all the bullshit and was just a console and a controller

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i cant wait to play skyrim

in the bath

switch plugged into a/c current

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

I cannot imagine how insufferable this person is to deal with / work with

really the most offensive thing is the standing desk

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i thought the thing retailed for 60

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i think for 60 bucks, that thing is an excellent present for that nephew you dont know what the gently caress to get for christmas

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

WHOA someone is angling for a mod position

heh

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Applewhite posted:

No story will be as dark and profound as Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

no story will have a more boring and lovely first dungeon, thats for sure

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

I had a really amazing megaman compilation for the gamecube that had megaman 1 - 8, interview clips, art galleries, and a bunch of poo poo. it was loving awesome.

gamecube was pretty slick aside from the picasso controller

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

What would zizek say about the kid with the giant snot drop

my god

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

Does Stardew Valley even need multiplayer? It's a farming sim, not TF2 or Overwatch or whatever.

stardew valley is extremely good but idk what multiplayer would even be

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

so the giant bomb switch broke before the system has even seen a wide release

the joycons hosed up somehow

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rutibex posted:

i already do this. but i might consider giving nintendo money anyway, if they made an actual good service (and a good N64 emulator). but i am certainly not going to pay for a highly inferior product

until nintendo pulls its head out of its rear end with making people rebuy the same games on different systems through the virtual console, they can gently caress themselves even if they make the best service ever

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Gamecube was easily the best nintendo console, they should make a gamecube U.

ban plz mods

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the wii sucked rear end something royal

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's really the dumbest loving thing. Even if they were in love with their dumb loving gimmicks, they could still hedge their bets by
having rough parity with the big consoles and still have their gimmicks as an added feature to incentivise sales.

they learned the completely wrong lesson from the wii. before then, all their consoles were basically normal, bugshit controllers notwithstanding. the wii sold like hell on the strength of its gimmick, but people only realized it was dumb bullshit that played like trash after it'd sold a bazillion units. then the wiiu came which was a gimmick in itself, though a somewhat more workable one than the wii. Never mind the weird brand confusion in calling that thing the wiiu.

I figure they dont want to get into the weird power arms race that's cropped up between sony and MS, but gently caress. somebody somewhere in that multinational corporation must know that motion controls are garbage and always have been.

the fact that they wont make a good metroid game and instead double down on crap like ARMS tells you all you need to know about nintendo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this device seems like a real piece of poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

sounds like something out of Tim Cook's playbook

jfc

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lemming posted:

Lol if you're mad that the Switch is region locked

goons get salty when they cant play their jack off anime panty games

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/mcwm/status/837003695330115590

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Kainser posted:

The Dreamcast was better than Switch.

the dreamcast was better than most consoles

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lemming posted:

The reviewers said it seems to stop at 88%, so if this is intentional, it's likely because in the long term, if the battery always remains fully charged, lithium ion batteries lose storage capacity the fastest if they're stored fully charged. The overall lifetime of the battery is extended if it doesn't always sit at 100% capacity, so that's probably why.

this makes sense, but in my case wouldnt matter, because if i get this turd, I'll just get a pro controller and the system will never leave its dock

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Temperature makes a huge difference but Nintendo ain't including no active cooling on that dock are they?

And if that was really why they are doing it, why is it specific to dock mode only? And why not take this over-provisioning or under-charging into account in the charge display and just say 100%?

the dock is just a plastic shell that corrals cables as i understand it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

mfw i buy link to the past for 8 bucks for the fifth or so time

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

mfw i spend 360+ dollars just to play a zelda

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

jimmyjams posted:

the nintendo game gear

except with less battery life

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

*in the sega jingle*

Ni-GA~

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

REALTHEWILL posted:

Thats true but Horizon is definitely a 10. I've been watching a playthrough of it and its sick. Sucks becuase I'm spoiling it, but its not like I'm gonna get a PS4 Im an XBOX dude.

same, id sacrifice any number of ps exclusives and better pixels or whatever nerd poo poo just to not to have to play with a loving dual shock controller

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Heath posted:

What is the preferred alternative to the dual shock layout though? The Xbox controller layout isn't all THAT significantly different (and I prefer the dual shock personally because my left thumb is a little hosed up and it sits at a better angle for me)

you move and strafe with the left stick, moving some flavor of forward mainly, and its a lot more natural to push close to straight up with the xbox controller. it also has better triggers

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a glitch posted:

See if they tried that with the original Xbox the car would end up broken.

thats a recipe for a cracked hub for sure

the original xbox owned

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

I haven't seen reports of lost fingats, so not well.

lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

I like the cooking. It's better than just picking up random hearts everywhere.

the inventory looks pretty fiddly. how is it in practice?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Carmant posted:

It's literally never going to be that price.

yea it will

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I havent played it, but from what I gather, they made Zelda into a wrpg, and its inventory system has went in that direction by necessity. like, the witcher 3 is the game of the century, but its inventory sucked balls. see also: any dragon age and elder scrolls/fallout

though even the witcher minimized the pain of crafting by making you only do it once per craftable item

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

an answer to the inventory issues is to pare it down to a grid a la deus ex, but that basically excludes crafting. as if thats a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

No good crafting system should ever have you directly interact with the ingredients but rather just be a requirement to press the "make" button, and should include the option to make until your supply runs out

That's not how my train of thought went but I agree. Thats pretty beyond the pale.

• Locked thread