Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Nerds in the Games thread countered my assertion that you'll be able to walk into a department store and buy it launch day with "you're just jealous we will have one." Lulz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Really the best thing for everyone would be for Nintendo to stop making garbo home consoles and just make games for PC and good consoles like Sega does now

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

bradzilla posted:

ah yes, sega hits since 2001 such as:

Your mom

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SeXReX posted:

I heard it has sync issues but only when you're trying to play from 15 feet away?

It's 10 feet, and people in the Switch thread in games were acting like you'd have to live in a kingly mansion to sit 10 feet away from your TV lolz

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
You can tell the hugbox is closed

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SeXReX posted:

Well the switch is kinda bad but unfortunately we live in a reality where Nintendo reps force us to buy all their products at gunpoint so...

No even worse, people pay money for this poo poo of their own free will Hahaha

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Lol

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Batterypowered7 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2sxnLe_yTk

Really pushing the Switch's graphical capabilities.

This is all pre rendered there's no way the Switch can put out that framerate

Also you can totally tell there's a new open hugbox in Games

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Professor SJW posted:

this will be me when the switch come out

look at that guy having so much fun on that plane goddamn

Obvs you haven't seen the commerical because he's not playing Zelba he's playing 2011's hit video game Skyrim. The five year old video game that will be a hot new Switch release

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

gary oldmans diary posted:

motion control bullshit again?
dear nintendo i do not want to pay real money for mini games. no one does

That;s good because you don't even get the minigames packed in this time, it's an extra 50 bucks lulzzzz

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SeXReX posted:

It will be a massive disappointment because there's no way any game for it can be as entertaining as laughing at people who only socialize online talking about what happens at parties.

Rock Band is a legit good party game. So are the Jackbox packs.

However you play these both at indoor parties and the switch is too tiny to play at outdoor parties, you don't want to play video games at outdoor parties, and indoors you can't have any players sit more than 9 feet away and also can't have anyone move in front of the controllers soooooo

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Lol go to the new hugbox to watch then take umbrage at the fact someone called the Nintendo Switch a "toy for children."

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Code Jockey posted:

if sony hadn't been dumb as gently caress about memory on the Vita, and would've offered TV out via the expansion port on the first gen Vitas, it would've easily been worth the price, it's a great system that Sony couldn't resist loving up because Sony

it just occurred to me that the Vita TV should've been what the dock for the switch is apparently trying to be, it should've just been a dock that had upscaled video output and charging and USB ports for controllers

Supposedly it barely charges if you play it while docked.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

bitmap posted:

hmm I just realised from these choice gifs that I am legit on a plane for 28 hours the day after the switch releases. I could be that cool guy on the plane, just playing he switch...

For like 20 minutes until the battery runs out

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Rape Stink posted:

Nintendo just needs to develop more of their first party IP. Why the gently caress is switch not launching with a Mario game, a metroid game, a pilotwings game, a DK game, an F zero game, and a Kirby game? That poo poo would sell a trillion units at launch

Because they are following the wildly successful WiiU model of only releasing one good exclusive every 8-12 months.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Carmant posted:

Yeah I wish more media would cover deep complex themes like the zombie apocalypse.

Pssst that's not the theme

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Carmant posted:

Right the theme is that he wants to gently caress the little girl. Its been done better in literature.

WHOA someone is angling for a mod position

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

I AM THE TOILET posted:

just a reminder that nintendo is also releasing a non-stupid version of your new zelda game that doesn't require a $300 mario-less nintendo machine and also no loving god drat motion controls

Yeah but it requires a WiiU which is a similarly ill advised console

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

JediTalentAgent posted:

As a slight derail, would many/any of the classic and new Nintendo franchises STILL be as hugely popular if Nintendo became a 3rd Party publisher or would they quickly be drowned out by other third party releases?

It depends.I think Mario will always always sell but some of the other franchises that haven't had a good title in many years like Metroid or Starfox would probably suffer. Also, niche poo poo like Pikmin would be dead on arrival.

The one benefit of only releasing on their garbage consoles that third parties won't touch is that owners are so starved for titles that they will buy up pretty much anything for it in order to have SOMETHING to play.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Thanks for putting those bad opinions in separate posts, wouldn't want TOO much poo poo in a single one

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Universe Master posted:

Starfox is a not great as a franchise game because the first one was only neat because the Super FX chip let them do early 3d graphics on a SNES and nobody had really seen anything like that before.

I mean maybe every fourth Mario game is actually good too, but Nintendo fans act like each one is the glorious second coming

Edit: Super Mario World 3D is a garbage game for babies, but every WiiU owner was crying tears of joy over it

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
oh poo poo this time I can become a cat THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SBJ posted:

"What if they made zelda but for adult audiences, and it had good graphics and non gimmicky controls and it was on a non nintendo console?"

They did. Its called Dark Souls.

Zelda usually controls well and Dark Souls controls like poo poo though?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Professor SJW posted:

what's a good gamecube game other than the zeldas and metroid primes? dolphin emulator is :krad:

Eternal Darkness

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Lol 6.7 why don't you just buy a loving Ouya?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Bardeh posted:

Lol, Nintendo. All you gotta do is fuckin' release a console with decent specs, then you get 3rd party support and everyone will buy it because Nintendo games are good, and if people can get their call of doody and their battlefield aswell it's a compelling product. Instead we get this lovely garbage underpowered tablet that's gonna have like one good game a year and is absolutely not a compelling product. It's so loving easy, why do they do this

It's really the dumbest loving thing. Even if they were in love with their dumb loving gimmicks, they could still hedge their bets by
having rough parity with the big consoles and still have their gimmicks as an added feature to incentivise sales.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Wired review, it's great!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The Vita is a cool console that has 2 major design flaws that ruin the whole thing.

Proprietary, way too pricey storage, and not having the exact same controls as a PS3/Ps4, making Remote Play sketchy at best.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
But the Nintendo Switch has several major design flaws so that means it'll do awesome

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Code Jockey posted:

Also: back touch pad lmao

good thing barely anything uses it / requires it

Meh, it's not really a flaw. It doesn't affect anything

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Code Jockey posted:

Well, true. I guess it's just a funny design thing.

Here's a nice flaw in the Vita TV: blacklisting of Vita titles which work totally fine on it when said blacklist is removed.

Some of them are due to hardware differences, like Touch My Katamari is blocked, but if I recall it played perfectly fine when I tried it, you just couldn't do the touch stuff as easily [touch can be emulated using the DS3 or via the DS4 touch pad].

Lumines though? Why block that? Eat dongs, Sony. t:mad:

Vita TV is garbage.

I actually remote play on my Vita from my PS4 on the occasion I don't need triggers or analog stick presses and it's a fantastic feature. It just doesn't work on a ton of games due to missing controls

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Infidel Castro posted:

The N64 was a good system that was undermined by Nintendo's idiotic corporate decisions that alienated almost every third party developer.

Lol yeah cartridges in the age of cd roms how amazing

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

it fit into my hands perfectly fine when I was ~13 and I am legit baffled at all the people going 'it was hard to reach the buttons!' and poo poo like that

like for real, baffled. It was so much more comfortable to me than the controller S or whatever the replacement was.

:shrug:

burgs fit my hand fine, too

What's it like being a legit giant

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Professor SJW posted:

lol you would have to be as clumsy as a retarded goon to scratch the screen like this

Or a child, the target audience of toys

edit god dammit Bone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Carmant posted:

The towers are basically just a vantage point for you to mark cool poo poo on your map so you can go check it out later.

Oh boy what a whimsical adventure

• Locked thread