Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
How do I get good horde growth as beastmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I blindly beastpathed right into karl franz' army so he attacked me, the battle was unfavoured but I pulled a narrow victory in an epic forest battle. I love how tense and rewarding these close battles can be

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Sometimes the little power bar in the pre-battle scene makes no sense. I think it only takes amount of units x their current unit count/max unit count or something with multipliers for heroes and lords. Because I got attacked by a bunch of greenskins and the battle was like 75% in the favor, but then I checked the actual units and they just had a bunch of garbage goblins so it was a solid win for me and my mighty wolf archers.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ristolaz posted:

Cool. I bought it yesterday and started a campaign but got ambushed and wiped by orion. Goodbye gentle beasts....

report back when you get your revenge because gently caress wood elves and gently caress their dumb as poo poo forest

Foxhound posted:

Sometimes the little power bar in the pre-battle scene makes no sense. I think it only takes amount of units x their current unit count/max unit count or something with multipliers for heroes and lords. Because I got attacked by a bunch of greenskins and the battle was like 75% in the favor, but then I checked the actual units and they just had a bunch of garbage goblins so it was a solid win for me and my mighty wolf archers.

the autoresolve improperly values numbers and defense

so like a big old honkin' stack of dwarf warriors will game the system insanely well because they have tons of health, armor, and models on one card. nevermind that in an actual fight they would take 20 minutes to cut through one unit.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Coolguye posted:

report back when you get your revenge because gently caress wood elves and gently caress their dumb as poo poo forest

Im gonna go back when I have two strong stacks. Im doing well now with only 1 stack that has 8 mintoaur units in it but you have to dig deep in that drat forest.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

i killed an entire beast man army except the one general guy and then he killed like 200 guys and i lost

the tabletop experience perfectly translated

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I like this game a lot, started a pretty succesful so far Dwarf campaign, but it seems like all the other factions can build bigger armies and advance faster than I can no matter what race i'm playing as in this game. Its really fun to save the replays of the coolest battles during a campaign and then when youre done playing watch them all in slow motion and poo poo lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm glad more people are playing this. It's really fun

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

just picked this up, thanks OP

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Beat the beastmen campaign. It was epic. I didn't think I;d like the horde style but....I did. I only ever needed 2 stacks

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hordes are kind of nice since you don't have to constantly consolidate territory

like i spend dozens of turns and tends of thousands of warbux building garrison buildings and crap as dwarves or empire because otherwise the game spawns like 4 loving stacks behind you and absolutely stomps your rear end flat while you're engaged elsewhere

with hordes you don't even care, you're just like 'well gently caress you guy i'm gonna walk away now bbiab'

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If you're playing the von Carsteins faction like I am, here's some stuff I learned:

You can get Mannfred if you confederate him instead of annexing him. Do this by using your two vampire heroes, recruiting 2 dire wolves on the border of your province, and recruiting the rest of the zombies and skeles you can. With your 20 stack, you can fight and beat him. If you dominate his troops and have enough strength left over, he should be yellow to confederate.

Try this fun trick: form a group with Vlad's 5 fell bats and 3 vharghiests. Order the group to attack a separated unit. Watch the unit dissolve.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Also you can AoE heal with the vampire healing spell by clicking it twice. I'm a noob so I just learned this. Works with all spells, for different effects.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Average Bear posted:

Also you can AoE heal with the vampire healing spell by clicking it twice. I'm a noob so I just learned this. Works with all spells, for different effects.

Yeah, the trade off is it might miscast.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Modding in a Quebec-themed Bretonnia subfaction. Insted of grail reliquae we have the Calisse Tabarnaquae and it shoots cigarette smoke

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Modding in a Quebec-themed Bretonnia subfaction. Insted of grail reliquae we have the Calisse Tabarnaquae and it shoots cigarette smoke

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I finally managed to get somewhere in the Empire campaign by getting rid of the secessionists within like 20 turns and then capturing some other nerdy human regions just to the east of my starting region, as well as Wissenland or w/e they're called. I'm only at war with a minor dwarf kingdom and all they do is go raid at my border until I send an army there. Free levels for my heroes at least.

But the wood elves are ranked #1 and the only reason my relations with them haven't deteroriated completely is because I killed a load of beastmen 30 turns ago. And chaos is coming (it's turn 120). Half the northern kingdoms are ruins.

:negative:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

once the End Times officially kick up (should be there at turn 120) all the factions that like living get a massive diplomacy bonus with each other due to the Shield of Civilization perk. the wood elves count there, so while the knife-eared losers probably don't like you that much right now they're by no means that interested in killing you when Chaos is running around.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Does Archeon show up earlier if you're doing better? I conquered the badlands super quick as Dwarfs and he showed up at like turn 85.

He razed the empire down to one province, then made a huge mistake turning to the mountains >:] I narrowly beat him in an epic 3vs3 underway battle

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Coolguye posted:

once the End Times officially kick up (should be there at turn 120) all the factions that like living get a massive diplomacy bonus with each other due to the Shield of Civilization perk. the wood elves count there, so while the knife-eared losers probably don't like you that much right now they're by no means that interested in killing you when Chaos is running around.

I have some Delay Chaos mod so the event trigger like 20-30 turns later because I'm a huge noob.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Foxhound posted:

I have some Delay Chaos mod so the event trigger like 20-30 turns later because I'm a huge noob.

Chaos does come way too soon. Also once you beat it every faction gets the aggressive and untrustworthy trait lol.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Does Archeon show up earlier if you're doing better? I conquered the badlands super quick as Dwarfs and he showed up at like turn 85.

He razed the empire down to one province, then made a huge mistake turning to the mountains >:] I narrowly beat him in an epic 3vs3 underway battle

i feel like he does, yes. my buddy and i were doing a VC/Dwarves campaign recently and archaeon showed up very suspiciously about 3 turns after i finished off Grimgor for good.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah, the chaos invasions are linked to your imperium level. They'll come at like turn 80 and 120 if you're not getting strong enough fast enough.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Beat the orc campaign. Least favourite so far. I think Im gonna get the wood elves

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

That feel when you realize you're going to buy every DLC for a game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dwarves are really fun

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Vampires are my favorite, but I haven't played as Dwarves or Wood Elves yet. Chaos is really cool too but I like having cities better than the nomad horde thing.

I hope the standalone expansion they're working on now is the one that has Dark Elves :pray:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Average Bear posted:

Dwarves are really fun

Yeah. Its cool when a bunch of poo poo tier units try to charge your line of Ironbreakers

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Vampires are my favorite, but I haven't played as Dwarves or Wood Elves yet. Chaos is really cool too but I like having cities better than the nomad horde thing.

I hope the standalone expansion they're working on now is the one that has Dark Elves :pray:

People are speculating that it's high elves/dark elves/lizardmen

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

They're pitching the expansions as full games now, so be prepared to fork $60 for both.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Games Workshop has taught them well.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i wanna Lizardmen / Skaven war already cmon

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

i wanna Lizardmen / Skaven war already cmon

Skaven should be able to come up threw the sewers in siege battles.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Average Bear posted:

They're pitching the expansions as full games now, so be prepared to fork $60 for both.

From what I understand, they were pitched as separate full games from the beginning, and it's only recently that I've seen them refer to them as standalone expansions. But hell they probably will be $60 each, and I'll probably buy them all at launch anyway.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

yes its loving awesome to buy a game several times at full price every time and then pile on dlc like cream on top of a choclote cake of pure goddamn win, sir

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Why would they make them seperate games wtf? I want to be able to battle all of the armies in one game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

Why would they make them seperate games wtf? I want to be able to battle all of the armies in one game

You can. Apparently each one's going to cover its own part of the Warhammer world and if you buy just one then you just have the factions and map in that part of the world but if you have two or all three they'll fit together like puzzle pieces into one bigger campaign map.

Bolverkur posted:

yes its loving awesome to buy a game several times at full price every time and then pile on dlc like cream on top of a choclote cake of pure goddamn win, sir

:hai:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Game is 50% off and all DLC is 25% off excrpt wood elves hop in goons.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

People are speculating that it's high elves/dark elves/lizardmen

Looks like you're right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

I love Dark Elves in all fantasy worlds that have them so I'm pumped as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Why does that trailer have so many downvotes, are people mad it's a standalone game?

• Locked thread