Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
This game is pretty much what that King Arthur game tried to be a few years back. It's very good and fun.

I recommend the better camera mod in the workshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Average Bear posted:

Started playing this today and it is freaking epic. Easily the best TW to date.

my last TW game before this was Shogun 2 and that was so janky compared to this

the only thing I miss is the shameful display callout. Wonder if I can mod that in

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I am very bad at this good game.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

You'll get better

I learn stuff with every failed campaign. I feel my power grow

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Sometimes the little power bar in the pre-battle scene makes no sense. I think it only takes amount of units x their current unit count/max unit count or something with multipliers for heroes and lords. Because I got attacked by a bunch of greenskins and the battle was like 75% in the favor, but then I checked the actual units and they just had a bunch of garbage goblins so it was a solid win for me and my mighty wolf archers.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I finally managed to get somewhere in the Empire campaign by getting rid of the secessionists within like 20 turns and then capturing some other nerdy human regions just to the east of my starting region, as well as Wissenland or w/e they're called. I'm only at war with a minor dwarf kingdom and all they do is go raid at my border until I send an army there. Free levels for my heroes at least.

But the wood elves are ranked #1 and the only reason my relations with them haven't deteroriated completely is because I killed a load of beastmen 30 turns ago. And chaos is coming (it's turn 120). Half the northern kingdoms are ruins.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Coolguye posted:

once the End Times officially kick up (should be there at turn 120) all the factions that like living get a massive diplomacy bonus with each other due to the Shield of Civilization perk. the wood elves count there, so while the knife-eared losers probably don't like you that much right now they're by no means that interested in killing you when Chaos is running around.

I have some Delay Chaos mod so the event trigger like 20-30 turns later because I'm a huge noob.

• Locked thread