Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it's cool how games workshop was incredibly difficult with letting people use the warhammer IP but they nearly went out of business so they're licensing it to almost anyone who asks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremely steampunk posted:

Why does that trailer have so many downvotes, are people mad it's a standalone game?

Lots of people are angry that it isn't another historical game I guess

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Looks like you're right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

I love Dark Elves in all fantasy worlds that have them so I'm pumped as hell.

Skaven have all the coolest poo poo, can't wait to get this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Enjoying this a lot, as my first total war game. I'm not a fan of the expensve dlc on top of a full price game but the battles are fun and remind me of playing the tabletop w/ friends after school in 5th grade

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Have they said more about how the grand campaign works? I remember hearing that it basically has less factions+zones, to the point where there's about as many of them as there are in a standard TW:W2 game, which kind of sucks but maybe it makes sense from a hardware standpoint.

They just made a blog post about it today: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

Basically it's a brand new map that includes both maps, just with continents slightly moved to make it all fit right

Currently the original map has 66 factions over 142 settlements, the combined one will have 117 factions and 295 settlements

It'll also have TW:W2 mechanics, like factions can settle anywhere and dragons get breath attacks

Also Norsca won't be in at launch, but will get patched in later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Total War: Warhammer 2 came out, and it's a lot of fun

I'm playing the campaign as the lizardmen, aztec dinosaur people

and we're fighting the skaven, the ratmen from vermintide

So we brought dinosaurs with ballistas on them

Unlike normal artillery, they actually get better when the enemies get close

• Locked thread