Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
$12!? Hell yeah thanks OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The stainless steel mod for Medieval 2 is still epic to this day. CHeck it out if you want more total war.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Started playing this today and it is freaking epic. Easily the best TW to date.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What's your favorite faction to play?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If you're playing the von Carsteins faction like I am, here's some stuff I learned:

You can get Mannfred if you confederate him instead of annexing him. Do this by using your two vampire heroes, recruiting 2 dire wolves on the border of your province, and recruiting the rest of the zombies and skeles you can. With your 20 stack, you can fight and beat him. If you dominate his troops and have enough strength left over, he should be yellow to confederate.

Try this fun trick: form a group with Vlad's 5 fell bats and 3 vharghiests. Order the group to attack a separated unit. Watch the unit dissolve.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Also you can AoE heal with the vampire healing spell by clicking it twice. I'm a noob so I just learned this. Works with all spells, for different effects.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Foxhound posted:

I have some Delay Chaos mod so the event trigger like 20-30 turns later because I'm a huge noob.

Chaos does come way too soon. Also once you beat it every faction gets the aggressive and untrustworthy trait lol.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah, the chaos invasions are linked to your imperium level. They'll come at like turn 80 and 120 if you're not getting strong enough fast enough.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dwarves are really fun

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Vampires are my favorite, but I haven't played as Dwarves or Wood Elves yet. Chaos is really cool too but I like having cities better than the nomad horde thing.

I hope the standalone expansion they're working on now is the one that has Dark Elves :pray:

They're pitching the expansions as full games now, so be prepared to fork $60 for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

From what I can tell people are angry about having to pay $60 for several new armies, new campaigns, a new continent, new skirmishes etc instead of paying $20 for each new army or w/e because the PC gaming community is 99% uptight brats

That said this is absolutely a way to charge $60 for what was probably originally a $20-$40 stand alone expansion like FotS

• Locked thread