Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's a lot of fun, OP. I meant to bring this sale up in my TW:WH thread from a while back but I guess threads only have three months or so until they're automatically archived? Lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Average Bear posted:

What's your favorite faction to play?

Dwar- *coughs* Duardin

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

you have to buy dlc for gore :what:

Shogun II, Rome II and Attila have also done this. I wonder if it's some kind of rating thing?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm glad more people are playing this. It's really fun

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Games Workshop has taught them well.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

From what I can tell people are angry about having to pay $60 for several new armies, new campaigns, a new continent, new skirmishes etc instead of paying $20 for each new army or w/e because the PC gaming community is 99% uptight brats

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Have they said more about how the grand campaign works? I remember hearing that it basically has less factions+zones, to the point where there's about as many of them as there are in a standard TW:W2 game, which kind of sucks but maybe it makes sense from a hardware standpoint.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They just made a blog post about it today: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

Basically it's a brand new map that includes both maps, just with continents slightly moved to make it all fit right

Currently the original map has 66 factions over 142 settlements, the combined one will have 117 factions and 295 settlements

It'll also have TW:W2 mechanics, like factions can settle anywhere and dragons get breath attacks

Also Norsca won't be in at launch, but will get patched in later

Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Didn't they use one of the original games on some show on the history channel waaaay back or am I thinking of something else

I just remembered this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cax2vIb22nc

• Locked thread