Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fallout Guy: War... War never changes

Solid Snake: War... has changed

Me:

both are true actually

Ristolaz posted:

Also can someone explain how horde factions work? Thinking of getting beastmen but I have no idea how techs and advancement/income work without settlements

you know the encamp posture that most armies have? hordes just put up their 'city' when they do that, so every time they pop out of the encamp posture they just pack up all their buildings and pull it along with them.

techs work exactly the same, income also basically works exactly the same but horde buildings don't really 'do' bonus income. the tradeoff is that horde units cost much less to keep up so you can generally support a decent sized horde pretty easy, you just keep raiding and looting.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

I forgot to say thanks, that sounds cool. Does that mean each stack has to have the buildings required to produce advanced units or do they work globally?

i think it works the same way as cities (need buildings for local but some fraction of the pool can be recruited for more money globally) but i always underuse the global recruiting stuff so i never remember the details exactly

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Cool. I bought it yesterday and started a campaign but got ambushed and wiped by orion. Goodbye gentle beasts....

report back when you get your revenge because gently caress wood elves and gently caress their dumb as poo poo forest

Foxhound posted:

Sometimes the little power bar in the pre-battle scene makes no sense. I think it only takes amount of units x their current unit count/max unit count or something with multipliers for heroes and lords. Because I got attacked by a bunch of greenskins and the battle was like 75% in the favor, but then I checked the actual units and they just had a bunch of garbage goblins so it was a solid win for me and my mighty wolf archers.

the autoresolve improperly values numbers and defense

so like a big old honkin' stack of dwarf warriors will game the system insanely well because they have tons of health, armor, and models on one card. nevermind that in an actual fight they would take 20 minutes to cut through one unit.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hordes are kind of nice since you don't have to constantly consolidate territory

like i spend dozens of turns and tends of thousands of warbux building garrison buildings and crap as dwarves or empire because otherwise the game spawns like 4 loving stacks behind you and absolutely stomps your rear end flat while you're engaged elsewhere

with hordes you don't even care, you're just like 'well gently caress you guy i'm gonna walk away now bbiab'

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

once the End Times officially kick up (should be there at turn 120) all the factions that like living get a massive diplomacy bonus with each other due to the Shield of Civilization perk. the wood elves count there, so while the knife-eared losers probably don't like you that much right now they're by no means that interested in killing you when Chaos is running around.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Does Archeon show up earlier if you're doing better? I conquered the badlands super quick as Dwarfs and he showed up at like turn 85.

He razed the empire down to one province, then made a huge mistake turning to the mountains >:] I narrowly beat him in an epic 3vs3 underway battle

i feel like he does, yes. my buddy and i were doing a VC/Dwarves campaign recently and archaeon showed up very suspiciously about 3 turns after i finished off Grimgor for good.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lots of people are angry that it isn't another historical game I guess

people are constantly so angry about anything to do with TW that you can change 'pontus' for 'skaven' or 'lizards' or pretty much anything else and it has been said earnestly at some point on the official forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

That's cool as hell

it pumps up all the dudes around them to fight harder and longer

this is a serious problem with the faction that's on the screen because their front line infantry is the hugest pile of poo poo ever

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I love the giant bat monster the vampires have. I always just charge him straight into the middle of the enemy army as soon as the battle begins and he just takes on the whole army single-handed while I get the rest of my units ready. I keep thinking they're going to need him and they never do lol
they look so happy charging into a battle too, still half expect :glomp: instead of :black101:

• Locked thread