Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
This game kicks rear end and you can get it for $12 by signing up for humble monthly (you can cancel right away).

I've never played a Total War before this so I was pretty confused at the start, but the more I learned the more I enjoyed it. I love exploding my foes with guns and artillery and hunting down enemy heroes on the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

P-Mack posted:

They were convinced that the real money was in injection molded plastic vertically distributed through stores that smell strongly of piss.

Thanks for the tip OP, just picked this up. It doesn't charge you again until the end of March, so you can wait a few weeks and get the "bundle of indie games that will sit in Steam with 0 hours played" before canceling.

I can NOT wait to see what my surprise games are as well

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Average Bear posted:

Started playing this today and it is freaking epic. Easily the best TW to date.

It is indeed awesome.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I just cant seem to get enough artillery. Id get like 8 units but I'd probably get hosed by a cav army or ambush

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Also can someone explain how horde factions work? Thinking of getting beastmen but I have no idea how techs and advancement/income work without settlements

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Foxhound posted:

I am very bad at this good game.

I'm

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Average Bear posted:

What's your favorite faction to play?

The sound of the hellstorm rocket battery faction

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Coolguye posted:

both are true actually

you know the encamp posture that most armies have? hordes just put up their 'city' when they do that, so every time they pop out of the encamp posture they just pack up all their buildings and pull it along with them.

techs work exactly the same, income also basically works exactly the same but horde buildings don't really 'do' bonus income. the tradeoff is that horde units cost much less to keep up so you can generally support a decent sized horde pretty easy, you just keep raiding and looting.

I forgot to say thanks, that sounds cool. Does that mean each stack has to have the buildings required to produce advanced units or do they work globally?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Cool. I bought it yesterday and started a campaign but got ambushed and wiped by orion. Goodbye gentle beasts....

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

How do I get good horde growth as beastmen

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I blindly beastpathed right into karl franz' army so he attacked me, the battle was unfavoured but I pulled a narrow victory in an epic forest battle. I love how tense and rewarding these close battles can be

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Coolguye posted:

report back when you get your revenge because gently caress wood elves and gently caress their dumb as poo poo forest

Im gonna go back when I have two strong stacks. Im doing well now with only 1 stack that has 8 mintoaur units in it but you have to dig deep in that drat forest.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Beat the beastmen campaign. It was epic. I didn't think I;d like the horde style but....I did. I only ever needed 2 stacks

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Modding in a Quebec-themed Bretonnia subfaction. Insted of grail reliquae we have the Calisse Tabarnaquae and it shoots cigarette smoke

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Does Archeon show up earlier if you're doing better? I conquered the badlands super quick as Dwarfs and he showed up at like turn 85.

He razed the empire down to one province, then made a huge mistake turning to the mountains >:] I narrowly beat him in an epic 3vs3 underway battle

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Beat the orc campaign. Least favourite so far. I think Im gonna get the wood elves

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

That feel when you realize you're going to buy every DLC for a game

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Average Bear posted:

Dwarves are really fun

Yeah. Its cool when a bunch of poo poo tier units try to charge your line of Ironbreakers

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Vampires are my favorite, but I haven't played as Dwarves or Wood Elves yet. Chaos is really cool too but I like having cities better than the nomad horde thing.

I hope the standalone expansion they're working on now is the one that has Dark Elves :pray:

People are speculating that it's high elves/dark elves/lizardmen

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

i wanna Lizardmen / Skaven war already cmon

Skaven should be able to come up threw the sewers in siege battles.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Game is 50% off and all DLC is 25% off excrpt wood elves hop in goons.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Looks like you're right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

I love Dark Elves in all fantasy worlds that have them so I'm pumped as hell.

I will buy this for a high price

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Bought this by accident because I signed up for a humble monthly for xcom 2 and didn't realize it was recurring, still haven't played it but I kinda hope I have time soon

Lmao are those some dudes carrying around a dead Knight and his horse for some kind of battle purpose?

That is exactly what they are

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

That's cool as hell

This game kicks rear end and has a lot of cool stuff. I like getting armies of monsters and tossing infantry around like babies do with cheerios

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

This is on sale again and #2 is coming out and there's gonna be another race released for #1 before then (which you get for free if you preorder 2)

I'm fairly, fairly loving hyped

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Korthal posted:

What's the race?

Hasn't been revealed yet but people are speculating it's playable Norsca. Tilea/Dogs of War also fits the description.

They werent originally planning on adding more races to TW:W1 but said that TW:W2 development gave them a "unique opportunity" to do it so I assume it's a race that will appear in the new world and both of those make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

That looks awesome. I got the game but I only get 10-15 fps ;_________;

• Locked thread