Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

I think this sounds like an excellent idea. It would be interesting to see what effect, if any, it has on their posts or general attitude to have someone being non-intrusively supportive of them. Unfortunately I worry anybody being nice to someone outside of this forum is immediately a cause for suspicion or the assumption of sarcasm, but I think the support could be crafted in such a way as to not to trip any red flags. Like, instead of being like 'Whoa! guys! this poster is totally our latest GBS superstar!!!', just like emptyquoting them or taking time out of your schedule to lol at their jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

Luvcow posted:

i like the idea of some random poster all of a sudden having multiple byob people empty quoting their posts across multiple forums with :glomp: added at the end

well, ideally they wouldn't notice it specifically as group action. worst case would be finding this thread, then thinking the praise is completely insincere and just a dumb project, even though we should all pick someone we honestly sincerely believe deserves some support.

• Locked thread