Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So are we doing monthly Trump threads now or what? OP says this is for commenting on First Citizen Trump's time in office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pollyanna posted:

haha http://www.npr.org/2017/02/19/516064707/new-york-republican-rep-tom-reed-faces-angry-crowds-deep-in-trump-country

https://twitter.com/JessicaTaylor/status/833018462310117376

if what comes of this is the gop burning itself down i will be very happy

i dunno if it'll have been worth it, but at least there's the schadenfreude

This owns. I hope Toomey does a town hall around here so we can mock him for being a wuss but lol like he'll ever set foot in Philly during the days of Ungatt Trump.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 21, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Of course it's not about the messaging, it's about getting punched in the bank account.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My parents had two cats that were gay, or at least would take turns semi-humping each other in this weird way.

One of them died a couple years ago because he was old as gently caress and the other is still kicking it (also old as gently caress), I feel bad for him that he lost his buddy :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Give 'em the ol spicy keychain

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Reboot owned and if I had any liquor within arm's reach I'd pour one out for Tony Jay rn

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Would def smoke radioactive kush

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Like, what did these people expect? Republican members of Congress have been wanting to get rid of Obamacare, Trump's campaign included the words "repeal" and "Obamacare" in the same sentence, so...?

And the vast majority of the people in that line will have forgotten this by the time they vote in 2018.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Some more Repub cuckgresspeople should be getting yelled at in the next couple hours. Can't wait for the video.

Yeah do we have any highlight reels of that? I was out most of yesterday evening but I saw a bunch of people posting stuff

punchymcpunch posted:

whats that anime where the guy punches a frog? i think id like to see that one some day

If we're thinking of the same .gif I think that Jojo's Part 1

I really want to watch JJBA but I hate watching TV by myself and I doubt I could keep my wife interested in it, even though she's down with certain anime

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

triple sulk posted:

i still appreciate all the trump fanart that doesn't portray him as a fat piece of poo poo

Does Ben Garrison count as fanart?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Priorities :lol:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Dunno if it was posted but the Trump website put out a statement that the media survey they ran last week is being thrown out because it was co-opted by the mainstream media and "thousand of Democrats" so they're running another survey :lol:

TBF I took their first one but I gave them a burner email that I haven't used in years, I wonder if they actually changed anything to get the answers they want.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I'm like 20 pages back but I can't let go of this. If this dude's statement of purpose is "deconstruct the government" then why the gently caress was he given a job in government? I get that Republicans are, on paper, the party of small government, and I get that there are SovCit types out there who want to live in the woods and not pay taxes and not be told to do anything. But this is like me going into a job interview, saying "I'm just gonna goof off all day, except for the times where I'm deliberately racking up business expenses and divulging trade secrets to anyone who will listen" and getting hired anyway.

Am I missing something besides "lol nothing matters"?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
All of those answers make sense so thanks

also what is the FBI doing now or insinuating it will do?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

texas is the weirdest loving state in the union

I heard someone the other day describe Alberta as "Canada's Texas", as a citizen of both countries how true is this statement

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

id say quebec is canada's texas actually

Harsh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

They all saw the piss tape

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My country is in some poo poo right now

Whoever said in this thread that America is a third-world country propped up by a first-world military is going to be right sooner or later, if they aren't already.

Also what would a "second-world" country be?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jazerus posted:

second-world means a nation in the soviet bloc

or in putin's sphere of influence today i guess

So we're actually a second-world nation propped up by a first-world military then :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Drinking bourbon rn and being sad because I just learned one of my good buddies here (and my running partner) is moving to another state in a few weeks :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Vox Nihili posted:

What bourb'?

Buffalo Trace

I picked it off the shelf because one of my labmates in grad school kept a bottle in his desk

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Also ty to whoever put the LOST reference in the thread title, loved that show but am deathly afraid to go back to it and possibly ruin my good memories

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Slamhound posted:

Buffalo Trace is smooth as glass.

It is, plus said labmate got his PhD and I didn't so he was probably doing it right

Are there any acceptable cocktails w/ bourbon or should I keep drinking it straight

GoodDank dog

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I asked a bunch of bourbon Qs in the last thread and y'all gave me good advice which I failed to copy elsewhere and now it's locked :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Thanks chief

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So what's the origin of the "paid protester" myth? Or did that spring forth solely from First Citizen Trump's willpower a la "fake news"?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I know some people are disappointed with Perez but this is a low blow

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hey does anyone here post using the Awful app on Android? It won't load anything which only happens when the forums themselves are down but i'm p sure the forums are working right now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What's up thread, 1800 posts since this morning seems like a lot for a Sunday

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Apparently PYF has a Spicy thread tag that I think we need to get over here. just sayin

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Our president is a dumb dumb and I picked the wrong week to not pay attention to this thread.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Don't know if it's been posted, but per NYT some EU lawmakers are starting to call for an end to visa-free travel for Americans within the EU

The flagging US tourism industry will be saved when Americans can't vacation anywhere else in the world! Another win for us!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tonetta posted:

I want a 6 hour probe

PM me ;-*

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Trump isn't going to nuke DC in a blind rage, at least not while he's there. He's going to establish these weekend trips to FL as a normal thing and then nuke it when the highest number of Congress and SCOTUS members are there. He then rules as dictator from Mar-a-lago until he is swallowed by the rising ocean.

Trump

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Eifert Posting posted:

The best Vietnamese place near my house is named "Pho Kimmy."

:allears:

There's one near my place called Pho 20 :420:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Eifert Posting posted:

Real talk though I've never been able to find any interesting history on pre Colonial Southeast Asia and I've always been curious.

I always end up picking up yet another book on Russia because I can't find what I want.

I dunno about books but there's a really cool ruins complex in central Thailand called Sukothai that's probably worth Googling. Went there over Christmas last year, ancient ruins and architecture are extremely my poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

we're TVIVing the end of the world

This is the gameday thread of life

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

make history class great again

My #1 motivation for having grandkids at this point is to borrow their history textbooks and see how this admin is viewed by future generations

but my wife is now on board with the "we're all going to die in nuclear hellfire/global flooding/etc." idea and now she's not sure if she wants kids

honey if you're reading this thread please stop, we can't both be brokebrains!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

have kids after the apocylypse, if you have kids before they will be spoiled and will think that eating dogfood is somehow beneath them instead of an incredible treat

so is this why you want the apocalypse to happen ASAP? is there a future Mrs. Baloogan you haven't mentioned :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What says "doing housework on a Saturday afternoon" more- beer, or bourbon?

Also

• Locked thread