Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

like idk if that video is gonna become a huge rallying point because those things are always impossible to predict

but like if you showed that vid to a bunch of well-meaning but ignorant white people it would force them to recognize that poo poo is getting bad

ofc to blood drinking republican death cultists it was perfectly fine for an off-duty officer in plain clothes who never identifies himself to drag a civilian onto his property against their will and discharge a firearm at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

a helpful bear posted:

"well it looks bad but i want to know what that literal child was doing before that grown man assaulted and shot a gun at him. maybe he was being a bully???????????? WE MAY NEVER KNOW" *slam picks trump in 2020*

yes that's why I included a clause for the blood drinking death cultists known as republicans :milk:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mr. Jive posted:

Uh isn't this unconstitutional?

pissing away dozens of millions of their state funds on defending blatantly unconstitutional laws in court (and then losing) is like, the arizona gop's thing

instead of like, paving new roads and repairing bridges and poo poo

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the past few years' worth of legislation from north carolina alone should convince you these people don't give the slightest poo poo about the constitution

lmao yeah they've also learned that even if they lose court cases they can still abusively legislate because they can get the benefit of a law when they need it (such as say, voter suppression during an election) and then forget about defending it after they no longer benefit from it

see: what just happened with the voter suppression laws in NC

then when they need another abusive law they just pass a new one

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/834814338921852929

I'm trying to imagine the inner insanity of someone who wants to gently caress Ted Cruz and I can't even begin

"I want to blackmail a senator to jumpstart my career."

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Serf posted:

but you could pick any senator

ted cruz is the only senator where it's obvious he has never slept with his spouse

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

jesus christ. a century later and the bolsheviks are still the boogie men, eh?

I guess "cultural marxism" just doesn't get people as riled up as it did a few years ago

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

lol its funny that beneath the poo poo crust of their idealogy, it just boils down to them not wanting to be kind to other people.

like little lovely children who want their pillow fort and no one else is allowed inside.

HUMANS

yeah capitalism really does a number on the ol' think meats

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Winkie01 posted:

So ugh did that Okeefe clown release his CNN tapes?

yeah it was some nonsense recorded back in 2009

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

how do we know trump is even stressed about anything in his life? dude takes extra long weekends off. of course his wife, children, and everyone else in the world hate him but how is that any different than the rest of his 72 years on this plane of existenz

if his staff can manage to keep him in a bubble of praise and happiness and make sure to only ever spoon-feed him positive news and never let him get a glimpse of the simmering hatred the rest of the world has for him, maybe even including never letting him meet with world leaders again, then he will be perfectly happy and content

e: they might also have to physically wipe his rear end sometimes, not sure on that, jury still out

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That's how he always looks. I mean seriously, are there any photos of him where he doesn't look like he just crawled out of a dumpster after a five day binge?

every picture I've seen of him he has the big red gin blossom nose, but he's gradually looking worse and worse

like in 2014 he didn't have that huge constellation of liver spots at his temple, and his face wasn't nearly as puffy

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

Trade wars are for pussies, give me a fightin' war any day of the week!

trade wars can easily lead to shooting wars so don't let go of your hopes

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

[the clapping meme] the gop is a death cult [/the clapping meme]

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"the only freedom you deserve is the freedom to die" -- republican's spirit animal (which is a giant snapping turtle perpetually choking to death on a coyote even though it never dies, and it talks out of the coyote's mouth but everyone secretly knows that it's the turtle's voice)

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

hahah

ahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHaahhafuadpaogfqufq9u8h gq89hrg[oanvpab9-[qaghhahaa

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

shiksa posted:

it makes me a little happy that people who vote blindly republican for lower taxes got a guy who can't seem to handle literally more than one thing at a time.

also the guy they voted for wants to raise taxes on imported consumer goods by 20%

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

so i guess i signed up for tickets for the florida rally, and look what i got in my email today

so the sitting president is soliciting donations for his campaign ???

yeah, republicans currently run the FEC and will not use it to enforce campaign finance laws against any republican, so trump can solicit donations from everyone without actually worrying about them exceeding donation limits

why not get in early and often

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

killing legal weed is also a great way to backchannel punish blue states that trump has an idiot baby grudge against

colorado draws in $1bn of revenue from legal weed taxes yearly

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

I'm sure it's nothing

don't be paranoid

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

was that the same one jill stein was at?

yeah stein and flynn were both paid $40k to attend that dinner with putin

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/834871692346400768

80% of all US imports are by small businesses

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

i can't imagine that import tax having legs. It would gently caress walmart so hard.

if trump wants it then he will demand it and he will get it

congress has no workable plan for the 2018 budget, they do not know what to do and need the white house to tell them

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

my dudes, I watched the press conference and Trump's DOJ isn't going to do poo poo about your precious weed which your retarded lives revolve around so calm down

https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/834862805148901377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

He has AIDS the hiv virus and probably herpes simplex too, as well as gonorrhea the virus caused by the bacterium neisseria gonnorhoeae

actually he has "dumbass dick disease" which is where you have retardation of the 'rection

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

sarah jeong was angrily subtweeting about this article yesterday, saying the author's white privilege allowed her to infantilize these guys and not take the potential danger they pose (at least in a gamergate sense) seriously while non-white dudes wouldn't get the same consideration

not a bad take if you skimmed the article but the article goes out of its way to argue that the reason these dudes are so dangerous is that society affords them this extended adolescence not permitted to anyone else while investing into them the same rights and privileges of adulthood

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

:trumppop: jesus christ

We're so loving hosed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JC86Rr8u0A

I haven't read the article. I was going to say Jeong kind of has a point but if the article addressed her point then I don't know what she's trying to accomplish besides circular firing squadding it up.

well I mean it paints them alternatively in sympathetic and critical tones so yeah I can understand why someone might be bugged by it but the reality is a lot of the people facilitating milo's (and the greater alt-right's) poo poo really are still mentally children who literally don't understand the real consequences of what they're doing

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

Right, it's a complicated issue. There are times where I straight up feel bad for these broke brain, sad-boy Nazis. Some of them seem pathetic, and a lot of them are absolutely victims of the same systems they are now reinforcing. But it's also true that they're scummy fuckers, who deserve to be shoved into the proverbial locker every chance you get. Life's hosed.

yeah I mean a lot of kids who join gangs are just lonely boys looking for a place to belong, to feel like they mean something to the people around them

but if they cut someone or shoot someone because one of the ranking members told them to, that's real

no good solutions

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

I think the WH is actually figuring out to not let Donald tweet, not let him hold press conferences or whatever, and keep him in the background having "official meetings"

Which is the way it actually functions but also the way it becomes dangerous.

yeah check back in a any time between week to four years from now to see if this will last

they did this poo poo at least half a dozen times on the campaign: trump would gently caress up bigly, face a huge backlash, spin his wheels trying to get out of the mud, bleed popularity, and then his campaign would get a lid on it and shut him up and shuttle him out of the spotlight where he could get cookies and milk to bribe him out of his tempie tantie and distract him from his phone and then they'd tow him out of the mud and get him back on course and a week or two later he'd be back to his old habits

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Vladimir Putin posted:

Is recreational marijuana really that important. Should it even be on the same list as LGBT rights which is a human rights issue?

it's very important because it actually IS a human right's issue

where do you think mexican drug cartels get their money from, if not selling illegal weed to americans

what do you think mexican drug cartels do with that money, if not use it to enforce what should be classified as literal terrorist organizations?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

and yeah if drug cartels lose weed they'll move on to meth or push heroin harder but huh maybe that's also an argument for decriminalizing those things and treating them like public health issues instead of criminal behavior

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

lmao wake me up when the DOJ issues a policy statement and it's not Sean "we have a phenomenal relationship with Mexico" Spicer spinning his way out of a corner

alright

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'd care a lot more about recreational marijuana a lot more if it came with expunging the records of people locked up for dealing marijuana and if poor people weren't pushed out of the pot market by wealthy pot gentrifiers.

I'll take what I can get at this point, we can work on allowing artisan pot strains after we aren't throwing thousands of kids into jail because a cop "smelled weed"

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

RUM HAM posted:

didn't the star trek utopia eventually come about from humanity utterly loving things up from what they thought was beyond repair at first?

i guess there's that.

yeah they had a nuclear war and everything

I think we're a few decades behind schedule, but the general outline is adding up

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Baloogan posted:

~sanctuary cities~

no they'll just build camps

that's one thing star trek got wrong

camps is always easier than ghettos

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trump doesn't occupy the front page of the news every day anymore, so I feel like I'm kind of out of touch. What's the number one thing that could screw up his presidency right now?

uh well, if you want a short list:

attempting mass deportations of undocumented immigrants
going to war with blue states over legal weed
going to war over transgender rights
going to war
russia ties

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

When will all those things materialize in terms of action against him as the president?

well I'm taking "screw up" as a more broad idea, like, anything between making his life stressful and lovely to outright getting him removed from office

but like, to take legal weed as an example

if he goes to war against legal weed that would be a sitaution that would be really hard to predict the outcome of because I don't think anyone in the white house really understands just how much revenue states with legal weed get from it (colorado got like $1bn in revenue from it last year alone)

they would be shutting down a multi-billion dollar industry for no real benefit except that brefferson jessions hates weed and can't beat his dilz unless it's illegalized again

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/AyeshaSameeraKhan/posts/10210094044640158

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

Ol jeffet wants to keep weed illegal because he wants to arrest more minorities.

yeah, obvs

but he also seems to just hate the concept of people smoking weed and having a good time, like independently of being a racism he also hates the idea of good times on weed

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Baloogan posted:

this whole case is utterly absurd

makes zero sense to rally around him, sends the wrong message

it sends the exact and correct and perfect message you wanna send if you're trying to reinforce that killing palestinians is an act you will not face social sanction for, even if you are (for now) required to endure a show trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

stupid woman, foolish woman

you knew he was a snake before you let him in

• Locked thread