Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That's still not great. And no one even noticed the US existed until WWII. OK some of that was euros being assholes, but it's not an empire if no one acknowledges it.

No one noticed the US in the 1860's enough to send aid or foreign dignitaries to overwatch/influence what was going on. No one apparently noticed the US through the next 80 years or so after including the US being a popular place for people to go for a new life, or becoming a military power house, or beg to enter a great war, or to be globally effected by a US stock market crash, no, the US was nothing till WWII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
You know, sure things aren't the greatest right now, and the US is entering one of those "we're hosed" eras, but at least our president isn't black any more.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jose posted:

so how are the repuclians making this not matter?

They have control over everything, so things only matter if they want it to. And since they are the party of god, morals, family values, and 'Murica, you can bet they're booting his as....hahahahahahaha they're not doing poo poo.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MadJackal posted:

The headline is scarier than the reality. This is a smart use of American power. Instead of sending our own ground forces in humvees through village shooting galleries, we're supporting foreign ground troops.

Yeah, when you have an intelligent administration maybe. Vietnam II here we come

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Apraxin posted:

The couple went through "a lot of savings" after Aime was denied access to certain sorts of care under Medicare because of his age and condition, she says. Instead they had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure the treatment they wanted.

Because regular pre AHA insurance wasn't shittier than this and you wouldn't have wasted all that money and more.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

comingafteryouall posted:

So what probably happened to that lady's husband that made her dislike medicare? all these anecdotes are super vague and I have no idea what actually happened to the people that bring them up

They had to spend a bunch of money to pay for his treatments because medicaid didn't cover it, so now she's convinced government healthcare is bad because private insurance never does this times a million.

TL;DR just some angry crazy bitch lashing out at whatever is the easiest target

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

comingafteryouall posted:

Yeah, but does medicaid deny people regular treatments, or did they want some crazy treatment?

Given that he had a stroke while she was diagnosed with cancer and they were both elderly? Cancer treatments are expensive as hell and seeing that she was elderly, likely wasn't getting chemo cause it would kill her while he probably had to have nursing care around the clock

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shageletic posted:

The work requirement for Medicaid is so stupid, no matter how you view the role of health care.

Like if you view it as creating a good economy, your incentive is to get people HEALTHY enough to go to work.

If you believe in a "competitive" health care market, this will only depress the number of people with some sort of health coverage, again inundating ERs and spiking costs.

If you believe in helping people regardless of their economic status, you wouldn't be a Republican.

Yo dawg, we can't give you poo poo fo free. You gots ta earn it - says a boomer

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Diane Feinstein gonna run for prez

Democrats might as well shoot 2020 in the head if that happens

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Diane Feinstein gonna run for prez

Democrats might as well shoot 2020 in the head if that happens

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

What do repubs have against​ the state dept other than Hillary used to work there

That it gives us some level of partnership with the world rather than "gently caress you, all of your poo poo is our poo poo"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

That DICK! posted:

I made a facetious tweet about George Soros and it's earned me 3 libertarian followers already

That's how it works. If you have no standards you can say all the crazy poo poo you want and get a huge following. Look at Fox News

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Phobophilia posted:

doesnt sound right, maybe they just havent eaten them for years? i dont think i ate a single big mac from 2009-2016, had one, once, last year

Nah, they just got brought up during the dollar menu/nugget craze. Might not have had big macs, but choked down nuggets and cheeseburgers by the boat load

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

SpaceGoku posted:

I have a hunch trump will never leave the US again after he is no longer president

Mostly due to the SS detachment that has to follow him around. Going anywhere but locked up in his tower like some elderly ugly orange princess but be a security nightmare.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

punchymcpunch posted:

the other day i went to a mcdonalds for the first time in 10 years and everything was so confusing

But we're trying to appeal to the younger generations while still appealing to the older generations while being hip and in with the fads.
McDonald's is like those fashionistas that have to be with the times all the time. When shake and ice cream sales went down they went "triple thick" which wasn't any change and started fancying their poo poo up. When coffee and bistros became the newest fad McDonald's dropped their poo poo to modernize to be a whore for coffee.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Epic High Five posted:

Oh so we're just bombing all sorts of rando civilians like every day now, cool, cool, that's cool

I'm sure this will be fine and not align every single Muslim, moderate and liberal as well as nutjob, against us almost unanimously and get our allies loving massacred

Some people don't get that war requires a delicate touch. Instead they believe all the fantasy hype behind people like Patton where pounding everything to rubble is the way it works and if you do this long enough, you win. There are no consequences. One of these people lives in the white house now

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TheBuilder posted:

Why has Michael Flynn not been put in the stocks yet?

like everything else under this administration, if it isn't focused on loving over minorities or Muslims, it isn't built yet

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

jBrereton posted:

fwiw I hope that South and North Korea can find a path to peace after the utterly insane and corrupt Park + Kim familes are both taken out of the picture.

I think, realistically, the south doesn't want it because that would require a major influx of money, tech and modernization to bring empty (like literally empty buildings and all) cities, non existent infrastructure, and lovely rural starvation lands up to what passes as livable conditions. This still doesn't take into consideration all the conditioning and indoctrinating that needs to be dealt with, or the fact China would be going batshit having a US ally like a footstep over their southern border

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Joementum posted:

The Irish are well know for their love of royalty.

https://twitter.com/CaitrionaPerry/status/842407878120075266

I wonder if at any point during Trump's golf history if he had rules like "you can't beat me" or some were passed along like "don't beat him by more than a few strokes". Also if he had employees out "greenskeeping" to give his shots that little nudge closer to the holes.

I can see him settling in after a year and demanding a tee off area be built on the roof so he can drive golfballs into the crowds of people on the street. Signature golf balls for the people! Plus a chance to beam a liberal!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Whoever said pre inauguration Trump was just going to rubber stamp anything sent to him by republicans got it right

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gonna be an interesting battle here. Man child takes on child country. They both act like kids on a playground...let's see which can out tattle the other

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jose posted:

coroner ruled his death was accidental and plans to send a report to Apple about taking action to prevent future deaths.

How about "don't be retarded"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Those teeth look so wrong

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/843090516283723776

Standing next to a powerful woman, wait - I meant one of the most powerful women in Europe right now, made his already inferior dick, feel that much smaller.

:smugdon:

Given his views on women, Merkel is like a living nightmare for him. He probably mumbles in his sleep about scary dreams about her

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Waaah, daddy didn't love me!
So Trump is basically that bar chick everyone takes advantage of because she wants some affection and they just want a lay

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gringostar posted:

they haven't caused an actual civil war when they leave yet so it's still the second

key word is yet

Well, that's not totally fair. That was the cause of decades of growing poo poo from poor, poo poo on slave owners not getting their way all the time

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hamelekim posted:

It seems like the GOP are signing away their Senate and House majorities if they pass this thing. The damage it will do to the vast majority of Americans, including their base, will enrage the people to the point that nothing else they do will save their seats come election time.

Who is going to vote for someone when their healthcare is gone and they are sick or dying, or know someone who is because of the way their representative voted?

This just seems so stupid on their part.

Never under estimate the power of American conservatism. They elected an assclown with so many scandals no one could keep track of them all* for president after all

*And is currently under investigation again for something shady and illegal again and is continuing to do shady and illegal poo poo while his base basically begs him to finish on their faces

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

triple sulk posted:

when u think about all the years that the universe has existed and this grain of sand in the construct of time is the singular one with 45th president of the united States of America Donald j TRUMP

What a blessing

Truly

We get to share in this experience

TRUMP

Yes, but when you think about how many societies fell apart and chaos ensued or millions died for really nothing because the leadership were a bunch of fuckwits it really doesn't look like something worth celebrating. Especially when one of those fuckwits has codes for enough nukes to end life for the rest of time on a planet

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Oh psh, Trump ran on getting rid of healthcare and won. But then he learned healthcare really is a good thing and aside from what we have, there's no real way to improve it that will keep support. So they made this train wreck and is destined to fail so all the Republicans can say "see, we tried, but those shifty democrats sunk it" and their base will again drop to their knees and beg to be pissed on. Republican leadership is shady and smart, their followers, however, are gullible and a step below retarded.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

What? Those chanting shouts we do at rallies? Nah, "Kill the niggers, kikes and spics" is code for love everyone and be nice

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

bad dems open to making mexico pay for the wall !!

Only because they know it'll never happen and flush that turd idea

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

This man is either the best con man or dumb as a brick

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

triple sulk posted:

Lmao Tom Perez... owns??

Hopefully dems will have a spine and tell the Reps to go eat a sack of poo poo because that was 100% true

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jove posted:

stupid whypipo deserve fat orange pissbaby but dont piss on my leg and like

end america and poo poo I been livin here awhile.

It's like conservatism is this tumor lodged in the brain and every four years it swells to make the person dumber

"Well yeah, Trump and the party he ran for both want to gently caress women like me over but that's not what I voted for him for"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Trump will have the elites wiped and install himself as best leader. The people are already brainwashed to praise their dear leader, just what Trump wants from us

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

And thus we watch as the dictator loses his mind when hundreds of troll accounts spam the gently caress out of him with anime candy and hentai

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Consummate Professional posted:

Sunday is the worst day of the week to work in retail, I wish I knew why

When i worked in fast food my boss was highly religious, to the point of praying at the beginning of his shifts. I mentioned to him once "You ever notice how everyone goes to church to learn about Jesus, love everyone, and be nice. But as soon as the service ends the roads become a Mario Kart match of who can be the biggest rear end in a top hat to get to a restaurant first?". He was not amused. I've also known customers to ask why we were working on a sunday instead of being in church. It took me all my will power not to answer "Because old fucks like you would raise hell if we weren't open so you could stuff another cheeseburger in your face". Thank god when i got moved to maintenance I got sundays off.
Of course every other monday was the bi weekly cleaning of the shake/ice cream machine and that was a hell all it's own when i had to fight the urge to beat customers down with one of the beaters from the machine

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

C-Euro posted:

This is the nth time someone here has said something like this but he seriously speaks like a child. This sounds like me writing a paper in elementary or middle school and needing to stretch one sentence into an entire paragraph to reach the length requirement.

That's because all he knows is what he learned about business, and that's not a whole lot. He doesn't have a clue what the problems are and is trying to apply poor and broken business models to politics. Hell if Fox News fell for the old Dihydrogen monoxide hoax you can bet your rear end Trump would be on twitter bitching about this new menace and pushing Congress to install a ban on it despite everyone telling him it's just water. He won't listen because he's the smartest guy, bigly, and Fox News told him water was bad

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

You see, the ammonia level in your fish tank is right here, in the danger area. Stop pissing in the Aquarium Mr. Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

zegermans posted:

tormp thread I need ideas, my cats keep jumping into the crib and I cant get a mosquito net taught enough over the top to stop them cause they fat.

I want to use binder clips and some sort of material to make an arch over the crib so that there's no place for them to jump into (it will be elevated and they wont want to climb netting)

Anyway what should I make the arch out of that's light enough that my rigging isn't a danger to the baby, but strong enough that it can sustain a cat attack?

Step 1, buy a baseball bat
Step 2, hit cat with baseball bat when it jumps into crib
Step3,......
Step 4, profit

• Locked thread