Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

where the gently caress is Matt Lauer at. somebody get Katie Couric in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Squizzle posted:

i have a plan to put philadelphia and parts of nj onti a flying platform w lazor cannons and hover around the wastes stealing whisky, in post trump america

isn't this the plot of Bioshock infinite

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

zegermans posted:

Buried in this story is a glimpse at how ruthlessly efficient the right wing propaganda machine is. Clinton was a poo poo, but we shouldn't ignore the reality that they managed to drag this bloated manchild idiot across the finish line.

the right wing is currently the only wing that even has a propaganda machine, all the Hillary sycophants just talked themselves into that lmao

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Coolguye posted:

which they have a (again, mostly theoretical but it works in the lab) drive that works off microwave reflection and should not, by newtonian physics, actually work, and matter of fact fill the negative mass requirement there too

I remember there were some practicality issues with actually using this thing

like wouldn't it require like the energy of a small star to operate over meaningful distances

it's still probably better than our 10-years-ago best bet of "nah we're probably stuck in the inner solar system forever unless we literally plan to support multiple generations of humans mid-flight"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the remnants of humanity get their colony ship a tenth of the way towards a nearby system before a bit of space dust the size of a nickel crashes thru the support systems at a third of lightspeed and everyone aboard suffocates in their hypersleep

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

further space exploration is meant for a species that hasn't spent its existence violently making GBS threads itself with more and smellier intensity as its technology progressed

we're going to die on this rock and we're going to do it soon and we're going to take most of the rock with us, and that is good

we are a civilization that still has not decided on a universal manner in which to tell one another how hot it is outside. no loving way we're organizing any sort of movement of people any further than Mars in the next century (and I'd be really surprised if we got that far)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

there's nowhere in space worth building habitats that are remotely nearby to us so we should probably stop loving up the one we're on

the planet's dyin, cloud!!!!!!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

space will loving kill u

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

radical meme posted:

You are of course correct here but, the sad sad truth is that if (1) he does nothing on those two issues and (2) there is no backlash from his supporters, then I, and all of us, have to face the fact that the election really was about racial insecurity and the desire to Make "White" America Great Again.

I really, honestly thought my country was better than that.

all the trump people I usually see in my feeds have just gone quiet but I have no doubt that the next thing he does that isn't explicitly insanely racist will get all of them hooting all over again. and hell there's still plenty of loving people hooting over the racist stuff too

sorry, our countrymen are either crazy or racist or crazy racists you can't fix em

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Augus posted:

the Nazis got much of their ideas about racial purity from Americans

I thought we had a common eugenics meme ancestor in the British Empire, source of the world's evils for 200 years

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Taeke posted:

I really don't get the hate for Fallon. I mean, yeah, his bit with Trump was hosed up but other than that he's obviously intentionally keeping everything family friendly, for all ages to enjoy, including kids. That's his thing. That's why everything is so 'fun' and silly. He's become more political lately but even then the jokes are just goofy, silly fun.

It's kind of like watching the Simpsons and then complaining it's not like King of the Hill or Southpark or whatever. Fallon's thing is being silly and fun and light hearted. Don't like it, don't watch it, but don't go expecting anything other than 'fun' being shoved into your face as inoffensively as possible if you do watch it.

I mean, he regularly has kids on the show to show off their goofy inventions, and he interviews people while doing a sort of russian roulette with (un)boiled eggs.

he's really, really unfunny

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

doctor iono posted:

clean comedy is poison

hey so, get this: I buy my sushi at 7/11

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

Just a friendly reminder, Portland OR and the Pacific Northwest in general have the greatest concentration of white supremacist groups in America.

if you check the SPLC hate map like half the KKK chapters in the country are in the NE corner of Texas scattered between it and arkansas

there's definitely a lot of weird racists in Oregon but I think most of them are the ultra-libertarian types which is why he Bundy's did their thing there

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Consummate Professional posted:

Can anyone get some quotes on weed

smoke weed EVERY day - Benjamin Franklin

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

my dudes, I watched the press conference and Trump's DOJ isn't going to do poo poo about your precious weed which your retarded lives revolve around so calm down

big surprise that the "lol nothing matters, embrace nuclear death" thread suddenly flips a poo poo when the trump retards imply they aren't fans of the precious herb??

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

radical meme posted:

Same principal applies to the notion that they can round up and deport every illegal alien without totally decimating the economies of the States along the border.

Just set aside the labor issue and consider how those people otherwise affect the economy; they pay sales tax, they pay rent, some pay a mortgage and property taxes, they pay for utilities. The idea that the government is considering turning San Antonio into a ghost town is insane.

a bunch of the insane red state californians that own or are employed by central valley farms were making GBS threads themselves about the immigrants that run their entire industry getting run out of town

that's like, a third of the nation's food supply lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Because in Star Trek the technobabble is at best a macguffin but usually a shortcut for the writers to make it seem like a piece of scenery has a function.

The tears in rain speech was the emotional crux of why Roy wanted to live beyond his expiration date. He had experienced all that poo poo in his short life and knew he would never be able to share it because it would die with him. As far as humanity and history were concerned, he never existed because he was just a piece of equipment. Yeah it boils down to "but I'm a real boy" but that misses the nuance of how Roy, a replicant and as far as anyone was concerned no more an agent in history than a blender, had seen and done things and carried the memories of those things and wanted to be remembered as someone who lived, fought in space battles off the Tannhauser Gate and Orion's Shoulder, had a narrative all his own to contribute to history, and was in that few lines writing an epitaph for the erasure of his person and story from the pages of human history. Given that the whole movie's plot was advanced by Deckard's pursuit of Roy among other Replicants, it served as the endpoint of the narrative arc. Here was Roy, who'd done awful things in trying to fight for more time, finally becoming remorseful and somber and poetic, things Replicants were never 'supposed' to be, as he transformed from Roy Batty, who'd seen c beams and burning ships, into another broken piece of equipment, consigned not to the dustbin of history but to oblivion in every aspect. When he died, nobody was there to remember him, nobody carved a tombstone or a plaque, no memorial or even combat citation, he was at most part of some write-off on Tyrell's balance sheets. Hell, death wasn't even granted to his end as a concept, they just called it retirement.

sir, this is a CyberBurger 3000

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nichael posted:

Exactly. And he wasn't paying attention because of a massive empathy deficiency. gently caress him.

you seem really mad at the Bone, friend

it could be said that you might have a bone to pick

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zikan posted:

our completely and utter failure to lead policy isn't incompetence it's ‘deconstruction of the administrative state’

is this like when you get a "deconstructed" dessert from a restaurant that's trying too hard and it's just the constituent parts lying next to each other on a wooden board

has Steven Bannon admitted that while he has assembled the components necessary to run a government, he has no idea how to put them together?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

someone set another mosque on fire today, in Florida, in case no non-local media anywhere bothers to report on this again

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

BUSH 2112 posted:

i wonder if it's like those saloons in western novels where they could buy a shot glass full of beer for a penny or something. otherwise idk how they wouldn't be losing money on that

lite macrobrews are cheaper than piss

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Plinkey posted:

There was a place like this around the corner from my apartment in college, Thursday was nickle night, $10 cover, and 20 4 or 6 oz beers (forget which) for $1. It was always a poo poo show.

there was a bar within walking distance from where I lived in college that twice a week did all you can drink 8oz beers for $8. also they had loving amazing chicken wings

unfortunately these nights were Tuesday and Thursday and I was a big fkin nerd so I only went twice but it was cool

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Brother Friendship posted:

:lol: Kentucky will let you just steal from your employees. This may as well be labor code from the 1800s.

owns

e:

MadJackal posted:

Can someone post that comic where the therapist tells a kid that his defense mechanism is saying to every horrible thing, "LOL, that owns"?

gently caress

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yinlock posted:

one punch man/mob psycho 100 are both by the same author and are both extremely good

getting extremely swole is a very important theme in both these shows and they are good

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I used to like gundam wing when I was little. Was it actually good or was I just a dumb kid?

gundam wing is cheesy and dumb but the original mobile suit gundam is like the pinnacle of sci-fi anime (after the galactic heroes ofc) and everyone should watch it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

BAE OF PIGS posted:

was that the one that was on toonami or whatever? honestly i think anime sucks but i did kinda like that show back when i was in middle school.

I liked reboot too, even though I knew it was pretty dumb.

yeah it came on either right before or after dbz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHgZUHiWwA

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

holy loving poo poo????????

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Philip Rivers posted:

Who screenshotted them I need that molly tweet back in my life

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

4 the new page

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i saw some 50 yo scotch on the top shelf of a liquor store and they were selling it for three thousand dollars

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lmao

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

They banned the good stuff due to ambiguous moral panic. Basically some college kids almost died of alcohol poisoning and blamed the 'lokos.

iirc the alcohol should have made them pass out but the caffeine kept em going and they ended up with impossibly high BACs and nearly died

which is loving hardcore but u can see why thatd be dangerous

also you know they're really strong and if you drink a whole 4loko that's basically the equivalent of a whole bottle of wine

the bitcoin of weed fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 25, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i'm drinkin some amber ale i got for 7 dollars/sixpack at an aldi

it's surprisingly good

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

I mean the same people just drink vodka redbulls and get wasted even faster, but sure. The abv alone is not particularly dangerous.

man i wouldn't drink a redbull even without the vodka. that poo poo just makes me poop

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm serious, 4lokos did in wheez

loving rip wheez
the 2 times i ever had a 4loko were in his honor

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

u sound wicked great at parties my dude

also slavery was illegal in Britain and her colonies throughout the victorian period, unlike certain other places :heritage:

the colonies made up for the lack of slaves with HELLA genocide
those brits really knew how to do a good genocide

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

oh no, we suck again

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

tenderjerk posted:

that spending can barely elevate us above poorly-trained lunatics with 30 year old guns & homemade bombs. We have to increase defense spending by like, i dunno, 200,000x, to fight actual militaries :shrug:

the irony is that fighting wars against a bunch of dirt farmers with guns that fell off a US supply truck 35 years ago is a lot cheaper than whatever imaginary cold war we're still trying to fight but building a bunch of stupid future planes for Tom Clancy alt-history ww3 thru 6 scenarios makes lockpeed fartin a whole lot more money, like billions-of-fuckin-dollars more money

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I can't wait for the massive food shortages that will result after a third of our agricultural workforce is deported and absolutely nothing is done at any level of government to replace them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hanging in a chow line
trump times!

• Locked thread