Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Gringostar posted:

shatner does a spoken word duet with henry loving rollins

just think about that for a minute

I can't get behind that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Tonetta posted:

Hi thread whoin are we punching today

People who are wrong about Blade Runner.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ted cruz loves soup more than his spouse

It's not his fault; his species ordinarily spawns in viscous saline pools.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

new kind of cat posted:

jesus christ. a century later and the bolsheviks are still the boogie men, eh?

They were the ones to finally knock French Revolutionaries off as #1 boogiemen for hidebound reactionaries, so I'm not that surprised they've held on this long.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fix posted:

In the article it sounds like he's referring to the gang activity as a military operation.

It's pretty clear that Trump fetishizes the military in manner very similar to those jokers who helped the Bundy's occupying Malheur last year. As such, I imagine he gets more than a little thrill pretending to be a big hero like (the cinematic version of those) WWII generals he's constantly namedropping.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Burt Sexual posted:

jesus bannon looks like poo poo warmed over. that alcoholic nose is the best tho

That's how he always looks. I mean seriously, are there any photos of him where he doesn't look like he just crawled out of a dumpster after a five day binge?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Yinlock posted:

i'm still pretty sure he doesn't bathe

:same:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

SpaceGoku posted:

every picture I've seen of him he has the big red gin blossom nose, but he's gradually looking worse and worse

like in 2014 he didn't have that huge constellation of liver spots at his temple, and his face wasn't nearly as puffy

It's quite likely he's approaching the terminus of a downward spiral he's been on for a while. I'd feel bad for him, if he had even a single redeeming quality whatsoever.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's quite likely he's approaching the terminus of a downward spiral he's been on for a while. I'd feel bad for him, if he had even a single redeeming quality whatsoever.

Like, I can't think of even one. "His body might produce decent compost someday," doesn't even work since he's got to be literally toxic to the environment these days.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

I hear they're cheaper than candy bars now

and poor people shouldn't be allowed to afford fun things, that's not right

The woman who runs Maine's SNAP was just on NPR an hour or so ago and I don't think I've ever heard someone so condescendingly describe why, exactly, poor people shouldn't be allowed to buy certain things with their public assistance money. She even started talking more slowly, as though the interviewer was too dim to understand the self-evident truth of her words or something.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Weeping Wound posted:

what was she railing against, fresh fruit and vegetables?

She framed it as "well first of all, the program is called SNAP the *transitions to talking-to-impared-kindergarteners tempo and diction* ~*Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program*~, and it's just common sense that taxpayers shouldn't fund things that aren't appropriately nutritional. We've got an obesity epidemic in Maine, so it's clear we have to get the poors off of soda and candy. No, of course we shouldn't consider any sort of sin tax scheme that might impact people who have money."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

What do republicans have to benefit from limiting the breads and circuses?

The vicious emotional thrill of hurting others.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

shiksa posted:

it makes me a little happy that people who vote blindly republican for lower taxes got a guy who can't seem to handle literally more than one thing at a time.

I'm not seeing much evidence he can even handle one thing at a time.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

WarEternal posted:

Just frame it as being bad business for Moxie sales and they'll stop pushing it.

Something being an objectively bad idea with potentially disastrous impacts has never stopped LePage's administration so far.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Brother Friendship posted:

I really want to know what Bannon is dying from and why he's decided the world must die with him :lol:

Some sort of backstory-significant curse is my guess.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

ShutteredIn posted:

These people have never been involved in government hiring. It's going to take loving ages to hire ICE agents.

I too am shocked that a man who's much talked-about construction deals routinely used undocumented labor paid below market rates doesn't know much about actual hiring practices.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Venom Snake posted:

no, like I said the DNC can suck it's own dick till it chokes but the very decentralized nature of the democratic party means that the bottom up take over that the leftwing is currently doing cannot be stopped.

Look man I'd like few things better but, uhh, you don't have the best track record at making such predictions.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Squizzle posted:

it is the year 2029 and the democratic party has been destroyed. in its place there is only an elite squad of hyper-antifa insurgents led by the mysterious bernie "busta" buttigieg. they work tirelessly to seize the means of production.........the production of bashing, that is!!!!!!!

That game was fuckin awesome back when. Pity about the name.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

change my name posted:

lmao I can't believe I forgot to post this

Remind me, was it Young America's Foundation or Youths for Western Civilization that are the openly neo-fascists?

It's both, isn't it?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Bip Roberts posted:

Subs are cool but we need one that can launch a 16" shell 30 miles to obliterate a mud hut.

Ahem.

Yes I know those are 8" guns but there's two of them so uhh that's kinda the same?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

zegermans posted:

They would have been run out of town on a rail, but the coal mine shut down all the rail lines and then the rail lines were all scrapped for heroin.

That expression actually is much older and refers to hog-tying the person to a fence rail and then carting them out to the town limits and dumping them.

Of course, all the fence rails have also been sold for heroin so your larger point stands.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

cumshitter posted:

lol why is theodore roosevelt happy that obama is trampling the constitution? what did he do to piss off the artiest

I'd guess either his conservationism or trust busting. Or maybe that time he invited Booker T. Washington to dine at the White House?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

fits my needs posted:

I thought there would be something in law at least against it nationwide, I mean like just the law.

Has anyone told him about the time our current president's attorney argued that spousal rape was impossible? Because I'd like to tell him about that time our current president's attorney argued that spousal rape was impossible, if no one else has done it already.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sing along with me, folks

Ev-er-y A-mer-i-can is... gar-bage!

It's a pity Spitting Image isn't around anymore, because we're basically begging for an American-themed remake of "I've Never Met a Nice South African."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

THIS IS XERXES

THERE WILL BE A NATURALIZATION HEARING FOR ALL UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS ON THE RECREATION DECK AT 1300 HOURS

TOGETHER, LET US MAKE THE RICKENBACKER GREAT AGAIN

"That's the Trump Administration way!"
*explodes*

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Coolguye posted:

never trust a swan

or a goose

or a duck for that matter

corkscrew cocked deviants is what they all are

There were tons of ducks and geese out when I went running this morning. One duck in particular I remember honking as it charged a smaller duck next to it, then making GBS threads on the spot from which it had driven its rival. "How Balooganesque," I thought as I went by,

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Shageletic posted:

There's precedence

McArthur before Eisenhower canned him

Truman canned MacArthur, not Eisenhower.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

cumshitter posted:

i lik,e to imagine breitbarts last words were

'here is my torch. carry it for me, use it to burn down a school of journalism"

Lol if you think Breitbart's last words were anything other than a string of racist profanities blaming Obama and the Jews for his fatal heart attack.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 1, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

A Handed Missus posted:

https://twitter.com/BarbraStreisand/status/838191361228681216

when you are so shook that you have to eat some pancakes

I made some pancakes this morning without reference to current politics in any direction. They were pretty good, though I'm running low on maple syrup (thankfully I'm told sugaring season started early this year).

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Baloogan posted:

i have like, the finest canadian maple syrop

So, the second finest syrup, then.

jBrereton posted:

lol if you use more even more debased terminology than Shillery KKKlinton.

Do they make maple sirop because that could be a good thing to put in irish'd up coffee

e: also just use a frying pan/skillet????

I've seen recipes for whiskey drinks that have maple in them, but frankly I think it's a case where two good things might not go that well together.

(plus too much syrup will lead to eventful toilet experiences).

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

and i must meme posted:

i'm not american so i don't really know what kissinger did but he seems like a hosed up guy somehow

At Nixon's behest, he thought big.

realtalk: lotsa war crimes, including but not limited to masterminding the illegal bombings of and invasion into Cambodia during the Vietnam war.

quote:

also how is he still alive

The usual consensus is a cleverly-negotiated satanic pact.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Agrajag posted:

the level of freakout trump is having over this really makes me wonder what he has to hide

In practice, Trump rarely if ever accuses anyone of things he is not actually doing himself, so I guess wiretapping of some sort?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

what the hell happened to him?! this is what he used to look like?!

You know how we joke about him being a massive alcoholic? He's a massive goddamn alcoholic, and has been for years. That poo poo wrecks you over time.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

moderation is even more important than i first believed, can't risk looking like alien in the casket

the funeral makeup artist, hardened by years of seeing ravaged corpses in their line of work, will come upon the body on the table to begin their well honed and long practiced art, only to immediately :barf:

At this rate, Bannon will go out like the Skeksis Emperor at the beginning of Dark Crystal, and likely uttering the exact same words now that I think about it.

Yinlock posted:

remember that time trump interviewed his workers and it was super-clear that he was threatening their families

You'll need to be a little more specific, that doesn't narrow it down all that much.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

magiccarpet posted:

but the stack of papers is so small how could he not bother to read it

To be entirely honest, I'm not convinced he's actually literate at this point.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Caithness posted:

Kinda hard to blame dems when you've got a majority in both houses.

And so, by a continual shift of rhetorical focus, the enemmmmmm- *collapses to the ground, foaming at the mouth and convulsing wildly*

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Yinlock posted:

i remember shortly before the election at one point i made the "richie rich is young donald trump" connection mid-post and it destroyed my mind for like 2 straight days

Nah, Richie Rich occasionally displays genuine empathy and from time to time makes token efforts at altruism with his immense wealth.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

triple sulk posted:

how the gently caress does paul ryan keep falling upwards

He's the best the House republicans have on offer.

No, seriously.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Majorian posted:

To be fair, wine bars are terrible and DC has the literal worst.

There was a wine bar on M street in Georgetown I used to walk past all the time when I was in grad school at GW, and I occasionally wondered if it was at all worth going to. Never actually did, and I'm guessing I missed precisely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

He doesn't understand insurance

Or anything else, for that matter.

• Locked thread