Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

TrustmeImLegit posted:

No they aren't. Are you saying if someone accidentally opens a door to the hold it instantly sinks? At least try to make some sense.

He means the mouth and vagina of the boat are plugged at the same time, jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I just put a glass in a full sink and it instantly sank. Because it is more dense than water. A child understands this. But if you call it a boat it suddenly floats.

Like theres people in here trying to disprove sorcery by saying that metal is less dense than water. Get a grip and open a loving book.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
When I was waitressing someone put some pennies upside down in a cup of water with the f*** is that?????

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
A young girl's heart is full of magic. Supposedly music can free it, but cutting it open seems much easier

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
dumb rear end bitches in THIS here THREAD

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

dumb rear end bitches in THIS here THREAD

Get your head out of the sand.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kassoon posted:

A young girl's heart is full of magic. Supposedly music can free it, but cutting it open seems much easier

Breaking the hymen is a known method.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sometimes, not very often but sometimes, when you talk to a pretty lady and she smell nice and you ask"do you wan to do a sex" she says "a yes" and then with my penis inside of her??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's not about density, it is the amount of water being displaced creating buoyancy force.

As for evidence that sorcery exists, well, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

It's not about density, it is the amount of water being displaced creating buoyancy force.

As for evidence that sorcery exists, well, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

Shut the gently caress up about Trump and science in general.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Moridin fuckin tearin it up today hell yeah

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

hey idiot the density of an object tells you exactly how much water will be displaced

buoyancy force is directly proportional to density

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
holy gently caress you stupid rear end goons boats floating has nothing to do with buoyancy or displacement or any of that stupid rear end poo poo. Have even one of you gotten up off your chair long enough to see a baby in the bathtub with a toy boat? He's holding it. There are invisible space babies everywhere holding up all the boats have any of you even played Bloodborne jesus loving christ

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

naem posted:

Sometimes, not very often but sometimes, when you talk to a pretty lady and she smell nice and you ask"do you wan to do a sex" she says "a yes" and then with my penis inside of her??

please expand ?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Dunno why sorcery is so hard to accept.

You tacitly believe in radio waves, electrical signals, etc just flying through the air at the speed of light with 0 evidence its not sorcery.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
op you idiot you are not supposed to be posting about this you are going to get kicked out of the mage guild, i am not going to rat you out dude but if it comes to a grand jury i am flipping on you so hard. you are going to magic jail for a looooon g time bub.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Been sayin it from day one science is made up is not real this poo poo already had a name its called magic

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

naem posted:

I think that's just in the movies

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Pick your invisible unexplainable power that drives the universe. I'm going with the one that's been around forever you can stick to the science fad same thing either way

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Man has landed on the moon but just lol if u think they got there by rocket.

The moon wasn't a studio... but the spaceship was!!!

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I think loose definitions are the biggest sorcery

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Strategic Tea posted:

Man has landed on the moon but just lol if u think they got there by rocket.

The moon wasn't a studio... but the spaceship was!!!

Moon landing fake and so are nasa photos 100%

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think we went to the moon but used sorcery to get there. The entire concept of a vacuum makes 0 sense logically. Its just nothing. It doesn't explode. A submarine collapses inward from high pressure in the depths of the ocean.

If that's true then a space ship should explode outward from the "lack of pressure" as the scientists say. They're full of poo poo or we actually used sorcery to protect the hull.

Woodglue
May 8, 2008

Hardawn posted:

When I was waitressing someone put some pennies upside down in a cup of water with the f*** is that?????

It either means they were an rear end in a top hat or you sucked at waitressing. Probably both.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

hey idiot the density of an object tells you exactly how much water will be displaced

buoyancy force is directly proportional to density

Fb = dgv

d = density of the liquid
g = gravity
v = volume of the submerged object

Density = mass per unit volume

So I said the same thing just differently so as to explain better, idiot. Although my way is the better way because you don't need to solve for volume first which you'd have to do if you only know the density of the object.

Also objects with the same density can have different shapes which will displace more or less water resulting in more or less buoyancy no?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 21, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Fb = dgv

g = gravity

idiot

Nice google regurgitation. You havent a clue at the truth of things

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

Fb = dgv

g = gravity

idiot

Volume is and always will be the little bitch of physics. No one cares about how big or what shape your poo poo is, just give me the intrinsic qualities they are so much easier to work with. Fuckin scrub.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

Volume is and always will be the little bitch of physics. No one cares about how big or what shape your poo poo is, just give me the intrinsic qualities they are so much easier to work with. Fuckin scrub.

If you start with density you just have to solve for volume to get the buoyancy though so.... okay? Way to make it harder on yourself for no reason?

That's how you gently caress spells up man just do the simplest method.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Nice google regurgitation. You havent a clue at the truth of things

How can you understand sorcery without understanding the underlying nature of the material plane?

Sithas
May 12, 2001
My hovercraft is full of eels.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The number One appears nearly twice as often as random chance will allow in this universe.

well yeah it's called duality. wrap it up solipisticailures

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Just lol if you don't think we are living in a computer simulation. I mean, I know there are some rubes around here, but jfc.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

If you start with density you just have to solve for volume to get the buoyancy though so.... okay? Way to make it harder on yourself for no reason?

That's how you gently caress spells up man just do the simplest method.

How can you understand sorcery without understanding the underlying nature of the material plane?

jesus dude you use the MASS and the DENSITY

not loving volume christ

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

jesus dude you use the MASS and the DENSITY

not loving volume christ

The equation is Fb = dgv - to solve for Fb, you need the volume of the object which you can derive from mass + density.

idk what you're arguing about exactly since we're saying the same fuckin' thing really.

lotta melt downs lately

quote:

just give me the intrinsic qualities they are so much easier to work with. Fuckin scrub.

fuckin nerd lol

ships are measured by displaced tonnage not by their mass/density

quote:

The displacement or displacement tonnage of a ship is the ship's weight. The name reflects the fact that it is measured indirectly, by first calculating the volume of water displaced by the ship, and then calculating the weight of that water. By Archimedes' principle, this is also the weight of the ship.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 21, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like turtles

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 21, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Hmm nice, now talk about how if you have ice cubes in a glass of water the water won't rise as they melt

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

Hmm nice, now talk about how if you have ice cubes in a glass of water the water won't rise as they melt

liar

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Salt on skin with an ice cube over it? Why does it cause erections?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

The equation is Fb = dgv - to solve for Fb, you need the volume of the object which you can derive from mass + density.

idk what you're arguing about exactly since we're saying the same fuckin' thing really.

lotta melt downs lately

fuckin nerd lol

ships are measured by displaced tonnage not by their mass/density

Im a physicist not an engineer shit4brains. AKA actual science

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yep all fake but sure pray at the science altar.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm a train engineer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

im a shitpost engineer sir

• Locked thread