Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Ships made of metal. Metal sinks in every situation, yet because its called a ship they magically float. Sorcery.

Bee's wings are too small to support their weight but they can fly.

The number One appears nearly twice as often as random chance will allow in this universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I said Indisputable...more evidence of sorcery?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Am I really supposed to believe a series of electrical signals (just 0 and 1) on bits of metal and silicon can produce something highly complex like a videogame? And that a programmer "created" this by hand?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

The buoyancy force is the reason why ships float. It's a force equal to the weight of the water displaced by the volume. It ends up being a balancing act between the density of whatever you're trying to float and water. Big ships are mostly full of air, and air is less dense than water, so ships are, on average, less dense than water, so they float.

Metal is much more dense than water or air and ships are not airtight. So your "theory" isn't even logically consistent. Its sorcery.

Throw a piece of metal into the water. It instantly sinks.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

500 bad things posted:

Yeah lol they also make airplanes out of metal, but when you try to replicate it at home the only time it even kinda works is when you use paper! They think we're idiots!

Planes are pretty logical dude. Even small children have heard of the Bernoulli effect. It has nothing to do with ships.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

The bottoms of ships are airtight you dumbass.

No they aren't. Are you saying if someone accidentally opens a door to the hold it instantly sinks? At least try to make some sense.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I just put a glass in a full sink and it instantly sank. Because it is more dense than water. A child understands this. But if you call it a boat it suddenly floats.

Like theres people in here trying to disprove sorcery by saying that metal is less dense than water. Get a grip and open a loving book.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

dumb rear end bitches in THIS here THREAD

Get your head out of the sand.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kassoon posted:

A young girl's heart is full of magic. Supposedly music can free it, but cutting it open seems much easier

Breaking the hymen is a known method.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

It's not about density, it is the amount of water being displaced creating buoyancy force.

As for evidence that sorcery exists, well, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

Shut the gently caress up about Trump and science in general.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Dunno why sorcery is so hard to accept.

You tacitly believe in radio waves, electrical signals, etc just flying through the air at the speed of light with 0 evidence its not sorcery.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think we went to the moon but used sorcery to get there. The entire concept of a vacuum makes 0 sense logically. Its just nothing. It doesn't explode. A submarine collapses inward from high pressure in the depths of the ocean.

If that's true then a space ship should explode outward from the "lack of pressure" as the scientists say. They're full of poo poo or we actually used sorcery to protect the hull.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Fb = dgv

d = density of the liquid
g = gravity
v = volume of the submerged object

idiot

Nice google regurgitation. You havent a clue at the truth of things

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fredrik1 posted:

I think the burden of proof lies on the person wanting to disprove that sorcery exists.

Yea its pretty self evident at this point. I don't need to prove the sky is blue, just go outside.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Fans kill people.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

The moon orbits the earth due to the gravitational force between them.

If that's true then why doesn't it fall to earth?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Yes but if theres a constant attractive force between the two bodies they would eventually meet. Not spin around forever.

Obviously the moon hasn't crashed into earth so theres a repelling force balancing the gravitational force. Likely Sorcery.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Most sorcerous societies and cults focus on celestial bodies. Perhaps their rituals are what provides that opposing force for everything in the sky.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its normal to lash out at something scary and new. I forgive you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/FGOc82c.gifv

• Locked thread