Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Just finished playing, very good game and very much hits that 20-ish feeling of "what the hell am I doing" I think.

How good are the other two side games, should I go pick them up as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
When Mae describes how everything broke down into shapes, is that relating to a real mental illness? Closest I can think of is face blindness, ala "Man whose Wife was a Hat". I'd really like to do some reading on that if possible.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Heads up, backers are just now getting their soundtrack keys. Downloading mine now!

Looks like 3 volumes:
At the End of Everything
Hold onto Anything
Demontower

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I kinda wish there was a way to respond to fish poems with "dude we need more of them please tell me another"

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Can you do all 3 of the Ghost hunting activities? I only did 2 and then got sent into the mines after the house hunt. Crimes.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McFrugal posted:

Almost exactly the same as what happens near the end of the game, but with no explosion. History repeating itself.[/spoiler]

Oh, I think our conversation with Germ at the end made sure history repeated itself. :getin:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fish Noise posted:

And for something even more tangential, if anyone had a pause or "wait what" at all when Pastor K said she was being stood up, here is a book on the subject (also a film).

That entire series with Pastor K is pretty awesome, and really reflective of how you struggle with faith when you see nothing but terrible things around you. Pretty drat refreshing to see.

Also appreciate the links, it'll be a good read.

RedMagus fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 15, 2017

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

This game hit me really loving hard. Mae's college experience was nearly exactly mine (just replace the dissociation with extreme paranoid delusions), when I got to the couch scene I had to stop playing for a day or two. This is a very good game in every sense, but it dredged up some pretty painful memories for me and I'm not sure if I can every play through it again, which really sucks because of how great it is and how much content I missed.

That's what let's plays and "getting your friend to do it while you watch" are for!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This guy's version of Weird Autumn sounds the best to me, I'm not sure why. I guess I imagine the entire band doing the "Weird Autumn" part in the lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te6Gdb-nf1I

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think the Switch is a good platform for these games. I look forward to hunting dusk stars while out in the woods at night.

Also, can I just say that "Weird Autumn" is my favorite band song? cause it's the best one and I'm glad the new cut is named after it.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't normally read KS updates once I have the product, but if you were a backer, definitely check out #81 for NitW. It's been very good to read it, and I think at some point all of us have asked both "Is Mae going to be ok?" and "Is Mae a good person?" during our playthroughs.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

okay so I'm still obsessing over this game, anyone know any streams/let's plays of this game that are worth watching? I always really enjoy watching playthroughs of games I love but I've looked at a few and seen people just run past dialogue prompts and stuff which is like... no

Olive Branch & Maple Leaf have a mostly completed one here, should be maybe 102 more epilogue videos. I think they did a good job both exploring the town, having friendly banter, and relating their real life experiences to the game: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811101&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No, but I appreciate it more than trying to add an accent or a voice to the character. Understand if that throws you off though.