Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, there's gotta be like zero pressure knowing that in the worst case scenario you're STILL unmatched with 2 wins unless JT can pull it out. And even then you're just the queen to his king.

Like every Tribal she survives not getting voted out as the Two Time Winner she just kind of deepens the myth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, Debra's crazy.

I mean, there's "freak out over a teaspoon of sugar while food deprived, start all kinds of poo poo over it, and basically get myself voted out* over it" Survivor crazy. Or "I'm swallowing my anger or opinion so I'm maybe getting a little stir crazy and spiking stuff" Survivor crazy. And then there's Debra.

Even if it was partially put on, that's crazy in and of itself. She obviously didn't win any friends or better her tribe position with it. It seems more likely that she's legit Trump crazy. I look forward to her exit interview.

Glad JT went home. He played like poo poo and bizarrely got cocky a day after he hosed up and got his ally voted out and betrayed his tribe. At least he seemed to know it. Plus Michaela's awesome even if still seems like a miracle for her to survive this game. But I'm rooting for her.

Sandra/Michaela 2017!

Aubrey's position seems a little tenuous. Based on that extra scene that was posted a week or so it seems like she was trying to overthrow Sandra. Sandra and Michaela could see her as an enemy now. It might be close enough to the merge not to matter but it could be a thing.

Varner's really just a Kass-lite chaos player, isn't he? He doesn't seem to have a lot of strategy except to shake poo poo up.

After four seasons I still expect to one day find out Ozzy's birth name was Mowgli.

Hali seems to be ingratiating herself into her tribe and not suffering from that crazy tribal. That makes me happy. She's scrappy.

Those preview spoilers aren't something I love but I'm not going to spend a week worrying about it. This season's been great so far.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I feel bad for mentally ill people and she came off that way. So in the big picture I hope she gets help if she needs it and lives well. But within the context of the show, I hate her. She lost her poo poo and lashed out at people because she felt bad that she hosed up the challenge and couldn't own it. So instead she rewrote reality and attacked others to make herself feel better. That sucks.

I hope Brandon Hantz is doing better now and has gotten help, but when I watched him on TV he was a creepy rear end in a top hat.

It sucks and you shouldn't let "crazy" people on Survivor if you think they might actually be mentally ill even if they seem funny. So instead lets relive the majesty of Sandra vowing revenge on JT and then in a matter of days more or less orchestrating him getting himself voted out by eating some sugar and instilling so much confidence in him that he went from desperately looking for an idol to being so confident he leaves his idol at camp in a couple of days.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 30, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crossover Survivor/Comic nerds who see that its pretty much a Green Lantern shirt?

I don't underestimate what obsessed fans will spend their time and money on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I legitimately never retain any tribe names. Like even mid-episode. I just can't bring myself to care, it seems.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

HvV Colby sucked extremely and one of the most tired things for me is the superfan apologism he gets where people say he had a great story and arc but got screwed by editing.

I thought that the entire reason Colby had a fun narrative is because he went from being a Survivor Beast to being a dad with bad knees and he spent that season openly coming to terms with it. Like him sucking is what made it fun.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, I'm not much of a Varner fan, but I also think he won't stick with Sandra for long. I don't even think he's really with Sandra at all. He just decided that he rather have Michaela around than JT for whatever reason. Varner seems like one of those players who can't stop tinkering and eventually blows up his game. There's no way he'll be content running alongside Sandra.

You can't know who will win this early (unless you subscribe to that edit reading crap). It all comes down to how people get treated and how things break. There's no telling who pisses off who and who gets seen as the powerbrokers. Sandra's advantages are that she seems well liked and everyone seems to take it on faith that she's a super smart player. But she could easily rub people wrong down the road.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, she started the game behind the 8 ball like Hatch in All Stars. Every week she survives just adds to her legend.

I'd say the only other players with even close to the same kind of burden on them coming in are Tony, Cirie, and maybe Ozzy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I disagree with the goat. Varner and Sandra are in lock step. There's no way she giggles to him while she eats the sugar unless she knows he's solid. Sandra's no dummy. You have to be very very tight in survivor to let somebody see you stealing food and get away with it.

My take on Sandra letting Varner know about the sugar is that the tribe was probably openly clowning on the JT/Michaela thing for awhile. Like, during the tribal they all basically made it seem like the two of them had been going at it for awhile. Audrey described it a "quality of life" problem they had to deal with. So I feel like Sandra just knew that everyone would laugh it off because they were having fun at JT's expense. Which is why she so casually admitted to it after he got voted out and Michaela laughed.

And I don't think she saw it as "stealing food from the tribe" because she said JT was the only one who really used it. So she wasn't stealing food from Audrey and Varner, she was stealing food from JT to gently caress with his head. And apparently the whole tribe was cool with that.

But who knows? Its all speculation. Mostly I just don't see Varner in any way wanting to go far with Sandra. He doesn't seem like the following type or the sort that would underestimate her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually wasn't sure about that while typing the post but was too lazy to look it up.

My bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I really don't see enough evidence to call JT racist or anything but there's probably a little bit of evidence to back up the idea that he gets scared by strong/opinionated women and defaults to "bros." His motivations to target players like Cirie, Michaela, and Sandra aren't really wrong. Those are all dangerous players and its not like he was ever speaking alone about his concerns/problems with them. And thinking women like Parv were running things isn't unreasonable at all. But he does seem to make no real effort to work with them and just goes straight to the guys.

Although, I'll admit he dropped some word the last episode to describe Michaela like "ignorant" or something that made me literally cringe.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 4, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Queen is dead. All hail the Queen.

I actually finished that episode with a smile on the face. I mean, Sandra basically got a memorial episode complete with a Tribal ovation. That bit where Ozzy, Andrea, and Lady Cop had to remind themselves not to believe her because she's so good was pretty perfect. Lady Cop summed up Sandra perfectly. She doesn't push, she makes sense, she "grooms." And she really did just about everything she could have done to try and turn that around and I was thinking she might have pulled it off (with Tai's help, of course). Zeke looked like he was going to poo poo his pants when Sandra started talking in Tribal.

I mean, theoretically she could have tried to turn Thai and have him us an idol but not knowing he had idols or where he'd go that probably wasn't a feasible move with Sandra's knowledge.

I'm sad but it was a fun run and its a fun season.

Thai's a paranoid, silly fool not made for this game, but his instincts weren't wrong at all. He was clearly being boxed out by his tribe and has every reason to worry about his position. Certainly he holds a lot of the responsibility for that by being so flighty but he is the guy who handed over an idol to his tribe just a couple of days earlier and before that voted off his close ally. So gently caress it, just play crazy, Thai. At least its fun to watch you make people pee their pants.

I look forward to Debbie joining the Survivor tradition of blowing the double vote advantage.

xbilkis posted:

I kind of don't like doing two swaps this frequently; it seems to kind of increase the odds someone gets hosed by random chance

On the other hand the Blue tribe probably would have just kept losing if they didn't do anything, so I guess this keeps things a little fresher

I think the reason they do so many swaps so frequently is to really make it impossible for some solid majority alliance to form that will run through the game. To that end I like it. Yeah, it means people are going to get screwed and two of my favorites have gotten screwed by twists this season despite being in good positions before hand, but that's Survivor. Ultimately I like the big picture idea of making sure the pre-merge status gets shaken up enough to assure no pagongings.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All the tribe swaps make it impossible for me to keep track of who was with who and I'm fine with that. Because it also means that those relationships/alliances are probably pretty fragile and superficial and don't necessarily mean a lot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of like Ozzy in general but I just don't think he's really had a chance to get all cocky and douchey like he does. He's only really been in two storylines this season and both were pretty reasonable "I don't trust Sandra/Cirie" ones. Because even if you like the two of them its because you KNOW they're dangerous and untrustworthy. For the most part he's been cruising in the game.

Milovan Drecun posted:

Except you see parts of 3 days cut up into a 1 hour segment. It's understandable you don't remember who was with who, but the players clearly do and care to some extent. Especially where the numbers were very lopsided after a swap.

I'm not saying that no relationships will last from 6 days of bonding or whatever. But the regular swaps give that stuff a lot less time to cement and for trust to be won out through Tribals and battles.

Which I like because it theoretically makes the game more fluid.

I wasn't saying "don't pay attention", I was saying "I don't even bother paying attention because its negligible how much this stuff really will matter." Its totally possible Zeke bonded with Brad quickly and that will factor into things post merge even if they haven't seen each other for a week, but that's too many possibilities and unknown for me to really think its worth speculating about this early.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Cirie's the only person left who hasn't gone to tribal. Really just bad luck for Sandra/Varner they got stuck with four Tavua people. If it was a good mix of Tavuas/Manas they could have at least tried to worm something in.

While I'm still not a Zeke fan, I think him being around will at least ensure the game won't be boring; he'll be itching to make a move before a full Pagonging once merge time. Good thing too, because even if an original Nuku goes home next week they'll still be down 5-8. Another thing to their advantage is that none of the five are really high priority targets - Michaela is the only real threat, so more likely than not the tribe will cannibalize themselves going after people like Ozzy and Cirie.

Yeah, you could kind of see how Zeke was less motivated by "Sandra is a threat" than "OMG I GET TO BE THE FIRST PERSON TO VOTE OUT SANDRA!" Zeke's combination of super fanism and tendency to get a little arrogant seems like a minefield in a veteran season. But it should make for some amusing explosions.

Ozzy and Cirie are definitely the big name "threats" left who could fall next just because of who they are and not actually based on anything they've done in this game. Zeke's MO seems to kind of be to go "Got out Sandra! Now wouldn't it be cool to vote out Ozzy?!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

With the way the season has gone with men and big names getting targeted my instinct is to expect a woman to win, and probably one who isn't perceived as a threat. Sierra, Hali, Sarah. I'm kind of scared that Debbie could pull this out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Debbie's just sort of my biggest fear but I don't have a rational reason for it. Just that more competent players will be targeted over her and then she could pull out something at the end. But it's just a fear.

The Sierra/Sarah/Hali thing is just the idea that if threats are being targeted they'll be able to get by. They don't make big moves but they seem to be playing good social games. Someone could step up and take control of the game late but it feels like a possible Michelle kind of winner season.

But that's like 6-10 moves away. There's really no way to predict a winner with any real logic this early. Any theories (my own included) are going to mostly be rooted in biases and "edit reading".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I'm long on record for thinking "edit reading" is 99% bullshit.

But again, I wasn't really suggesting Debbie will win. Its just my worst case scenario for the season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Sierra's been in the middle of stuff and just isn't that big a character, but like Sarah just hasn't been in any real peril or major game play. And the first time she was I was actually kind of impressed by her that she identified Sandra's game perfectly, especially since all season other players have been describing Sandra's game all wrong. And Hali showed a lot of amusing character at the bottom of her tribe with that crazy tribal.

I have no real problem with any of those three and I think they're in a decent position to go deep in this game. But its hard to judge how the second half a season like this will play because this is one of those seasons where the people getting all the air time are being taken out quickly.

Which again, is part of the reason I think that "edit reading" of how much time someone has gotten or how in control they seem is really very silly. Sandra's been the biggest focus and narrator thus far this season and now she's gone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Has Andrea been on the same tribe as Sandra before now? I don't remember her being on the Sandra/Tony tribe and she wasn't on the JT one. They only seemed to link up this past swap and Andrea/Ozzy/Sarah/Zeke seemed to drive the "get Sandra out" vote.

Did you mean Aubry? Because Aubry was definitely trying to go against Sandra and lost every time.

edit: Aubry, not Audrey.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 10, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Andrea's probably been invisible for the same reason post of the rest have been. They haven't had a lot of dramatic Tribals like Sandra did.

But also I stand by my opinion that Andrea is overrated and I don't really put her above Sierra or Sarah on my rankings pre or mid game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not voting is basically Jeff's way of saying "gently caress you" on Survivor. Its why he never gives the quitters the dignity of a Survivor exit. And like compare it to last week where he made a big deal of Sandra's exit. The torch snuffing and vote and "the tribe has spoken" is considered a right of passage and ritual to those guys so not letting Varner go through it unphased was a message.

There's not a lot that I can say that hasn't already been said. I'm not sure how Varner could read things so well leading up to that and then get things so wrong. I definitely want to be able to excuse it as the wear and tear of Survivor on your mind but the fact that he thought it showed Zeke was deceptive is just gross.

I mean, Zeke can forgive him so I forgive him. I hope he's sincere in his apology and I hope he can grow from it and not let the guilt tear him down. If he's faking... well, he wouldn't be the first really lovely person to play the game. And I guess I'm in the unique position that I never really liked Varner and always thought he was kind of a snake. But like, I wasn't expecting that at all.

The odd thing for me is I only got around to watching this tonight and I saw a quick image of Zeke in a news headline online today, so I thought I had spoiled myself on Zeke going home. I spent like that entire buildup trying to figure out how Varner was going to mastermind Zeke's demise only for that to happen. And I actually had no idea Zeke was trans so I really didn't see that coming at all.

But I do enjoy that Corinne found a way to somehow come off worse.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This one's really sitting with me. I'm just laying here thinking about it and unable to start something else up.

Man, that was gross, Varner. Not cool.

And man, I dont believe in edit reading but how about Culpeper basically getting the "greatest dude in the world" edit in the same episode Varner comes off like the biggest scumbag? That's a hell of a narrative turnaround from "gently caress Brad Culpepper!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wonder how much of that is just genuinely Culpepper playing a great social game and how much of it is the producers feeling they let the edit get away from them a little last time with him and Candice's vendetta against him and trying to make up for it.

I mean, I don't think it was entirely undeserved last time but he seemed generally well liked last time too (and was just kind of an overtly backstabby player) and a lot of that hate was definitely​ kicked up by Candice. Culpepper seemed like a weird addition to this cast but everything makes a lot more sense if they liked the guy and just thought they owed him a makeup edit/play. It feels a bit like when the refs/umps make a call to fix a bad call.

Which isn't to say I don't think he's playing a good social game. He definitely seems to be. And he seems to be trying to be less overt in his gameplay this time around and come off less like the guy calling shots and backstabbing people.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 14, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really have anyone I'm actively rooting for after Sandra. But I don't have anyone I'm really actively rooting against either so that's kind of more powerful to me.

Well except Debra. Don't like Debra.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ugh. Yeah, I'm just super bad with them and make "sounds similar" screwups like that all the time. Always have. Can't explain it. My brain just sucks with names.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Please don't make me think of Cochran all the time on Survivor. Hopefully he's just writing more bad CBS sitcoms.

nerox posted:

http://funny115.com/v3/84.htm This is a pretty good article about the whole "gently caress You Brad Culpepper" thing. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of past seasons like a lot of people in this thread, so someone else would need to say if it is a fair analysis of the whole thing.

I mean, its fair as long as you consider that Lanza is a comedy writer and his style is exaggeration. So he really oversells the "Brad is a great person who was the victim of evil Candice" because thats the joke. But there's truth to it.

My take? Which probably has flaws and things I'm misremembering?

Culpepper formed an all guys alliance right away and took control of his tribe. He then pulled his "dad/husband" thing with the women about how the men basically controlled their fates but it came off condescending and misogynistic. "Mansplaining" stuff. The Funny 115 article makes it sound like Candice turned Marissa against Brad but I'm pretty sure Marissa was already pretty pissed off at him for the way he was talking down to her, and that the other women felt the same. Candice definitely did hold a grudge and sparked up the hate in Exile in an intentional desire to play her own game and try and target Brad. And then Brad backstabbed his closest ally, Candice's husband, and the couple had nothing to do except make out on the beach and hate Brad Culpepper.

So like, I think it was 1 part Candice, 1 part the game circumstances, and 1 part Brad. He's not innocent but it never would have gotten so bad if (a) there wasn't an Exile Island and (b) it wasn't Blood vs Water. He's benefited from not being in a lot of Tribals and having a lot of low pressure time to bind. And like if people feel the same misogyny and bossiness they did in S1 he'll have gotten a little immunization from it thanks to Debbie's insane accusations. I'm curious to see if he can keep this up once the merge happens and he has to play more, but he's definitely benefited by having 3 weeks of low pressure play to bond whereas he was thrown right into the poo poo last time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it would be really bad.

They just like the guy and he's connected to CBS. So he was an easy get. Its why he shows up at reunion shows in prominent spots and all that stuff too. He's just part of the CBS/Survivor production "family."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eezee posted:

So I have never watched an episode of Survivor until a couple of weeks ago and I'm making my way through some old seasons.
I'm on Season 7 now and Johnny loving Fairplay just faked his Grandmothers death :psyduck:

I can't even decide if that's the worst or the best play ever. I have no idea how that guy ever made it this far, but I hope there are people just as weird in the later seasons.

I think thats kind of the natural reaction. Like at that time it was basically considered the most evil thing and Johnny was considered the biggest villain. I wasn't watching and even I knew about it. But over time it's basically inspired a completely different kind of player and fanbase of villains including one of the most controversial players ever.

And like in the inverse Rupert was kind of the kind of player that was loved at the time but has become absolutely hated since. The Evolution of Survivor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, do that. I binged all the seasons a few years ago and it's easy enough for you to bail on a season when/if you realize there's nothing compelling you to keep watching. They're not long seasons and things tend to stay interesting enough even in the bad seasons until you get towards the end when the end game starts to emerge. That's when you're either engaged or you're not.

The only problem with my binge was the "Russell Fatigue" as seeing him pop up a third time really shut down me down.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 15, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The thing I like about these tribe swaps is that it makes it pretty hard to guess who will be targeted post merge. There's been enough shakeup and intermingling that there's a lot of relationships and no really solid alliances.

My guess is that by basic Survivor rules the top targets would be Ozzy, Cirie, and Culpepper. Ozzy seems especially in danger considering his own tribe was considering booting him this past Tribal and he doesn't really have the game awareness and skills to sense that and flip things. Culpepper seems like an obvious threat not just because of his size and perceived leadership role but his social game could either be a help or another reason to see him as a threat. And we saw that Cirie was immediately targeted the same way Sandra and Tony were and she just has never been to a Tribal to see if she'd get votes. So that could happen once she's locked in.

Besides that Michaela and Zeke seem like the second tier of obvious threats but its probably a wildcard at that stage for whatever particular cliques form and who they don't like/fear. Michaela does seem like she's not got a lot of friends which is a bad place to me at this stage of the game. She's a little too much of a challenge threat to play under the radar, IMO.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Varner seems a little over defensive. Like, he needs to drop the part where he's trying to explain why he did it or prove he's such a champion for trans rights. That comes off self serving and like you're still making excuses.

Still, he's owning it, calling it "assault", and apologizing so at that stage it's just a matter of whether you believe him or not. But at least he's doing that and not trying to minimize it like many non-apologies do.

I buy that he's genuinely sorry he did it and recognizes it was a terrible thing. I just think he's a little too arrogant/self absorbed to stop making it about him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its possible he's sorry both because of how it hurt Zeke and how it hurt himself. He just doesn't seem to recognize that those aren't equal things.

I guess I'm maybe a little sympathetic if he's gone through 8 months of guilt and is now watching his life fall apart over it. But like, that's still all his own doing so he ain't the victim. Zeke is. He doesn't seem to fully grasp that first part.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wouldn't seek to get someone fired or something but I can see why Varner might not have a future as a real estate agent since that job seems to be big about the individual salesman and any routine client Google search would probably go bad for the agency.

Or something. I'm basically basing my knowledge of real estate on Modern Family, Cougar Town, and Santa Clara Diet. So I'm dumb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I'd love it but I'd assume the sheer horror, danger, and life threatening hell of Africa and Australia would just be too much of a shock to modern Survivor players and fans.

I mean, even Borneo had Gervese eating a rat. The worst thing that happens to modern Survivors is if it rains a lot and they're really, really cold.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Lets see them hide some immunity idols when the tribe is stuck in a small circle.

"Where's Tai?"
"He went looking for an idol and got eaten by a lion."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

inferis posted:

I am watching the seasons from the beginning and I can't believe they're still pushing the "survival" aspect by season 4 after 2 and 3

It definitely peaks at Africa but I still think there's some "survival" going at least to Pearl Islands when Savage's tribe is basically on suicide watch. Granted, that was made worse by the "steal some stuff from the tribe" thing but it did kind of show how badly it could get if you just lose 1 or 2 essential items vs if you had some people who knew what they were doing like Russell/Sandra's tribe.

But somewhere along the line we got to that one stupid tribe that ate all their rice and then asked Jeff for more.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Andrew_1985 posted:

To be honest I'd probably drink it too. If production just put the water there before the game & it's all sealed up? Why not. No one's ever gotten sick from the water before, right?

I mean, we've had a few medi-evacs for stomach issues and we probably don't see the amount of diarrhea and stomach distress they go through that doesn't take them out of the game.

But you do raise a fair point. If those wells are build by the crew and they're just dumping clean water in then its not like they're pulling from a creek. I guess. I have absolutely no true knowledge of this stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I feel like if you pay attention to the post-show stuff there's always a couple of Survivors who spent like a week in the hospital on IVs. Some of that's probably just dehydration and malnourishment but I've definitely heard some of them talk about bad parasites and poo poo and that they were messed up for awhile.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, i think its possible Cirie was worried about a tie since she knew Zeke had told Sierra's crew and the whole thing was in chaos. And with the new tie rules Cirie might have just said "gently caress it, if Ozzy goes, whatever, I don't want to risk rocks." Also, apparently Ozzy's first instinct not to trust Cirie was the right one.

Still. Cirie, Zeke, Andrea... you got outplayed by Debbie. I hope you're happy about that.

Zeke's dumb and he's making the exact same mistake he made last time. He just can't play this game because you can't be that arrogant and that much of a control freak. At some point you have to work with other players and they pick your shots. You can't just freak out at the first sign that someone else has power and try and throw the whole game upside down to take them out immediately. Even if this had worked he would have just repeated his David mistake and made himself a top threat way too early. And the worst part is, he knew it was a mistake and explained why and he still did it.

Andrea and Sierra are both way too high on their own power too. I thought Brad would be the person doing that this early (and Zeke, so no surprise there) so kudos for him for seemingly laying back a little. At least more than Sierra. And I can't tell if Aubry is playing it smart by laying back, or if like someone joked/said she has Survivor PTSD this time and is playing timid.

I feel bad for Hali. She's not a good player and she went out at least in part because she was too passive. But she went out because everyone else just took the easy way out instead of doing anything risky. For all the talk of "gamechangers" most of these people are playing pretty timid. Its like they're either overplaying like Zeke, Andrea, and Sierra or underplaying. And then whatever Cirie's doing.

And ugh, Debbie. Now she's going to be all arrogant. Hopefully that takes her out, but I doubt it since she's such an obviously goat. Phillip Sheppard 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sierra, Brad, Troyzan, and Tai seem set but Debbie and Sarah seem like wildcards. And Tai is Tai so who knows what he'll do.

I'd say that Andrea and Cirie are tight and through them Michaela and maybe Aubry, but its Cirie so she'll probably toss any of them to the wolves if it suits them. And I'd guess Aubry is self serving enough to not go down with the ship and just go to safe numbers. Andrea could do the same but Zeke seemed to kind of screw her over in that regard so she's probably in trouble.

My guess is Sarah and Debbie won't be comfortable being on the rear end end of the Sierra/Culpepper alliance so they'll try and do something about that sooner rather than later. I could see Tai getting targeted or Troyzan just being an easy soldier to pick off. Or just straight after Culpepper maybe.

I'd guess Zeke is powerless enough now to not really be able to do anything on his own.

My best guess as who goes next? Culpepper to bust up Sierra's alliance.

Zesty posted:

I don't know what Cirie is doing. I kind of only half watched the second episode. Was Zeke led to believe Aubry was the target? I know he broke off because he felt like Cirie and Andrea were in charge of their group. I don't know why Andrea got rude about him during her vote.

Yeah, Zeke was totally out of the loop after the stunt he pulled. Sierra told him they were voting for Aubry to throw him off because she (like everyone else) didn't trust him anymore.

Andrea was personally hurt that Zeke backstabbed and targeted her out of nowhere. Her reaction was a little over the top but like, it was also kind of justified because Zeke just randomly decided to stab all his allies in the back because he wasn't their king. Which, honestly, is kind of a fair reason to be all "gently caress you, Zeke, you suck at this game."

No idea what Cirie was doing but the two leading possibilities seem to be that she either 1) thought the vote for Zeke was safe and she just threw a chaos vote for the gently caress of it or 2) she knew the vote was a toss up and didn't want to risk a tie that led to rock draws, so she threw her vote away to make sure someone would go home besides her.

• Locked thread