Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Propaganda Machine posted:

JT kind of seemed to answer that question with that fun little ditty up there on Heroes and Villains. Holy gently caress, that happened. That actually happened. And managing to pass the thing off AT THE CHALLENGE was as masterful and adept as it was incredibly loving retarded.

if JT's read on the situation was right it probably would have been hailed as the most brilliant play in the game's history. now, i admit some common sense needs to come into play here and realize the risk of giving an idol to the other tribe (specifically one named the villains) is too high, but i appreciate the effort.

not sure who i'm rooting for here, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think Sandra can survive the early stage on a combination of social game and not being a physical threat.

'not being a physical threat' is not how you survive the early stage, generally.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Propaganda Machine posted:

"I wouldn't call Julia vanilla. People line up in the summertime for vanilla. She's much more boring than that."

(I liked Cochran a whole lot, until just about then.)

i dunno that's a good comment imo

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Bolivar posted:

Oh ok, missed that season entirely. Which is probably for the best, seeing how Kass is clearly the worst human being of all time among the cast history.

this is really unfair to kass when colton still exists.

also cagayan is a very good season.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i guess i'd have to watch it again with the knowledge of how it plays out but i'd probably rank MvG as one of my favorites. top 5 at least.

there were actually numerous people in the post merge cast that i'd have been quite happy with as a winner (the eventual winner being one of them), which is a considerable improvement over only really rooting for one or two. and david definitely became one of my favorite players.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

xbilkis posted:

Does Brad's conversation with Tai in this episode make him look like a surprisingly good player, or does it retroactively make Aubry's game in Kaoh Rong less impressive because manipulating Tai maybe isn't that hard

maybe a bit of both? i dunno. wording it as "keeping him will be dangerous to your game going forward" is an interesting way of wording it that i never really considered so i'll give him credit for that at least.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
the troyzan idol thing got me thinking. has there actually ever been a time where someone was swapped into a minority but found an idol and got someone else voted out with a vote of 1? i can't seem to think of any occurrences of this.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
so incredibly lovely for malcolm. i have no idea what JT is trying to accomplish. he really is just not very good at survivor without stephen.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

STAC Goat posted:

I kind of like Ozzy in general but I just don't think he's really had a chance to get all cocky and douchey like he does. He's only really been in two storylines this season and both were pretty reasonable "I don't trust Sandra/Cirie" ones. Because even if you like the two of them its because you KNOW they're dangerous and untrustworthy. For the most part he's been cruising in the game.

yeah pretty sure this was his first tribal. i was rooting for sandra to pull that off but i actually would have felt bad for ozzy if he had taken a bullet thanks to tai. i'd be so terrified to have tai in my season. that said it seemed like the lack of communication there was basically everyone's fault.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
we talk about how dumb people are for not voting out sandra and zeke does it and we're making fun of him for it?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i'm at a loss at how to take all of that. like how the gently caress can you think that's ok for even a second? survivor must really gently caress you up. i almost wonder if that's partially why they showed the stuff at the start where everyone talked about how rough it was. to give some perspective.

zeke handled it extremely well and i have a lot of respect for him. also for probst for managing that obviously unexpected situation as well as he did.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i think sarah wins this game if i'm going to play 'edit reader' which i don't fully subscribe to. at least i personally think she's probably playing the best overall game at this point. i think she learned some good lessons after her blunder in cagayan and i admire people who can rein themselves in and learn from their mistakes.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

ApplesandOranges posted:

Because it's still probably better than One World.

it doesn't have colton so it's absolutely better than one world. will was nearly as bad though.

mike was cool though.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Binary Logic posted:

Troyzan was also a good sport. In his exit interview he said that at FTC, "For the first 30 minutes no one even asked me a question so I knew I had no chance. Realizing that, I addressed each jury member and described a 1-on-1 moment or conversation we had, to let them know I appreciated the experience".
On tv we only saw the last line when he thanked them all as a group.

yeah as much of a dud player he was he seemed like a cool enough guy. i like those moments in the show where people just seem to be having fun even if they're in a bad position. jay last season after he played the fake idol is another good example.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
that'd probably just be a nightmare from a production standpoint, if only because they already have to go through a million hours of footage to edit. adding a bunch more that most people wouldn't even watch probably wouldn't seem too beneficial to them. plus the effort of having to create extra challenges, have additional camera people/challenge testers, etc. not sure if it would generate enough extra income to justify that.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

mancalamania posted:

A big twist in how the endgame works for next season was leaked (spoilers for a game mechanic / twist, not actual season spoilers... unclear when exactly the show will announce it): http://insidesurvivor.com/a-game-changing-twist-set-for-season-35-28428

"Survivor is often criticized for the way the “strongest” players are eliminated just before Final Tribal Council, losing out on the chance to plead their case to the jury"

Fuckin tell me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
They probably feel like they have to since they don't go to new locations anymore as well as running out of different names for the same places.

• Locked thread