Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Seems stupid to me, they were pretty much the easiest, most centralized way to find diverse discussion about movies, especially older or obscure movies that would otherwise require tons of googling and link reading before finding anything worth reading, and a lot of times might not lead to anything at all after the time sink of searching. I know there was a lot of stupidity, trolling and repetitiveness in the IMDB forums, but these were easy enough to identify and filter out once you got used to using em, and putting up with having to read some dumb comments far outweighed being able to read some discussion about some hidden gem movies from years ago. It was also interesting at times seeing what people thought of certain movies around the times they were first released compared to how people perceive them nowadays. Oh well, at least it eliminates my one use for another advertising/promotional site and I don't have to visit there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Thanks

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

elf help book posted:

looks like youve got an easy $10 birthday gift for your mom all lined up

I hope comic book and cartoon movies are her favorites, along with communist interpretations of them

• Locked thread