Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
In classic C-SPAM fashion, our nomination + voting phase may have an added dash of POLITICAL INTRIGUE, BACKSTABBING, AND FAKE POLLS, depending on how many nominations there are of course.

Stay tuned for the latest in THE 2017 C-SPAM DOG TOURNAMENT PRIMARY

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
my parents doge's name is like, my childhood name (ala indiana jones) so im not giving his name
hes a good doge because hes good company

(lost one eye as a puppy :( )

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Senor Spicey

Spicey is a real good boy because he makes his master look good even when his master is sometimes embarrassed by a few oopsies.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trump Dog

Trump Dog is good because he has the best hair and is above the law.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This is rigged, because Otis is pretty clearly the winner.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

a helpful bear posted:

Senor Spicey

Spicey is a real good boy because he makes his master look good even when his master is sometimes embarrassed by a few oopsies.

poo poo so spicy looks like he has a good pedigree
nice and inbred, docile, pre-neutered for convenience
is he a fan of dry food? i can't stand expensive dogs
he is well trained but erratic, he needs to be broken of that
i hear rolled up newspaper, and shoving their faces into the messes they make, is quite effective
all in all, a wonderful breed of cocker spaniel, and a fine addition to any large enough home, preferably with a backyard

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a helpful bear posted:

Senor Spicey

I nominate this good boy because he's trying his hardest to make his master look good :kimchi:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Nominating dada dog

(reason to come once im home)

:hai:

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Feb 25, 2017

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Luca

Luca is a good dog because she pets herself by rubbing her head against your hand when you're sitting and because she casually walks up to you, licks you and then go on to do whatever it is she was doing before that.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Fancy

Fancy is a good girl because she took Trump seriously and decided to to dehumanize herself and face to bloodshed.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tadakichi-san

Tadakichi-san is a gentleman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08lAj1fxPL0

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kirby

Kirby is a good dog because he's good at handling the anxiety of the election, or the vet, with a smile.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is Beans.

Beans is a real good dogge because she is good and chill, and ate the entire corner of our living room wall from 3 feet down in 30 minutes once when I left her at home to go to 7-Eleven.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

hamjobs posted:

This is Beans.

Beans is a real good dogge because she is good and chill, and ate the entire corner of our living room wall from 3 feet down in 30 minutes once when I left her at home to go to 7-Eleven.

2nd!!! VOTE FOR BEANS

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Remy

She is a trained attacked dog and she hates fascists.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
i nominate the lake barryessa vortex hole she's adorable

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
two million gallons per minute, the same as the rate of piss into the president of the united states eyeballs, when he is in moscow

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Is Donald!

Donald is number one dog of decadent West free world. Donald has definitely no problem with the peepee, blyat.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
William Jennings Bryan

Will is a good dog because his namesake hated the gold standard and banks and Will's fur is silver and gold.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

succ posted:

Remy

but their foesh is so tender and juicy!

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
This is Archimedes.

He's the best dog because he doesn't conform to human notions of sleeping with your eyes closed or with your tongue inside your mouth, and he harasses my two cats constantly which is a dog's only true job.

StrugglingHoneybun has issued a correction as of 23:16 on Feb 26, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hitler

He's a dog containing the soul of hitler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vspxFHqQh4Y

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

obie

was fat but now not fat unlike u

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

succ posted:

Remy

aah, christ, a sheppy

sorry PENIS SCARE, but I think I know where my voter's going

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Kirby

Kirby is a good dog because he's good at handling the anxiety of the election, or the vet, with a smile.

this is the best dog i've ever seen in my life!!!!!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Brooklynn

Brooklynn is a good dog, because she survived for a long time in a shelter after being found wandering around Kansas highways malnourished and dehydrated, she likes chewing on her ankles, playbiting, scolding squirrels and cuddling, she has missing pieces from the top of her ears and I like to think about her backstory being like a Mad Max road warrior doggle.

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 22:30 on Feb 26, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ex post facho posted:

Brooklynn

Brooklynn is a good dog, because she survived for a long time in a shelter after being found wandering around Kansas highways malnourished and dehydrated, she likes chewing on her ankles, playbiting, scolding squirrels and cuddling, she has missing pieces from the top of her ears and I like to think about her backstory being like a Mad Max road warrior doggle.

forget about penis scare, my vote goes to Brooklynn

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

someone nominate huckabees dog ffs it needs somethin good in its poo poo life

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This is Loukanikos, the Greek "riot dog", who showed up to multiple protests over the course of several years in Athens.

He died at home in 2014 at the age of ten, his health having been compromised by the various gasses and other nonlethal weapons used against protesters. There's a photo online of a pig kicking him.

Loukanikos is the most C-SPAM dog, and my friend.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turdfuzz posted:

someone nominate huckabees dog ffs it needs somethin good in its poo poo life

ok turdfuzz since i dont have a dog

name: i dont know
hes a good dog who has had a hard life and i just hope he is ok.

im gonna vote for the dog that hates cops tho

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
lotta good rear end doggs itt

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
rover

this dog is good because the kid is facism and the dog is everyone

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
NANCY

Nancy will gently caress YOUR poo poo UP. Leave a sock out? Say goodbye - it's hosed! Forgot to pick your baseball glove off the floor? hosed! And god forbid you left Nancy home alone after forgetting her walkies cuz your room is going to be loving literally sprayed with poo poo!

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 04:04 on Feb 27, 2017

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

NANCY

Nancy will gently caress YOUR poo poo UP. Leave a sock out? Say goodbye - it's hosed! Forgot to pick your baseball glove off the floor? hosed! And god forbid you left Nancy home alone after forgetting her walkies cuz your room is going to be loving literally sprayed with poo poo!

addendum op once kidnapped me and held me in a warehouse for two months until i agreed to make this picture

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Henry

Henry is a good dog because he has soft fur, is fat, and empties his anal glands when he becomes super relaxed from too much petting.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ex post facho posted:

Brooklynn

I'm easily swayed to sheppies and you won it

here it is. my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Mindy

Mindy is a good dog because she likes pets and walks and sitting out on the front porch.

thx for lookin @ this good dog

• Locked thread