Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Danimo posted:

I got a few forgeworld big boys this month and the first one up on the painting table was the Colossal Squig. Managed to get him done in two days. I wasn't sure if blue skin would work but I really like how it came out.

My FLGS is having a last hurrah for AoS 1 this saturday and this guy will slide into my Spiderfang army as a distraction pin cushion.

This is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

https://malignportents.com/story/dying-star/

This is a great Seraphon story and is the kind of poo poo that makes me eye a start-collecting box.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is the skirmish mode for AoS any good? It would solve a lot of faction ADD problems for me.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Nobody knows how compatible Skirmish will be with AoS2 yet. (Unless i missed something. )

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's not great at being a skirmish game. Some of the points costs are out of whack and it doesn't take advantage of the lower model count to do anything interesting with the rules. But if you want to start with a box of guys and one hero, it's not bad.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Skirmish is fun in a narrative play mindset but not balanced or remotely competitively written. It’s more or less just there to give you something to do with a handful of models you might buy just because they look cool.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
There's a new Skirmish mode in the Core rule book isn't there?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Milotic posted:

There's a new Skirmish mode in the Core rule book isn't there?

Supposed to be, as well as Path to Glory and Triumph and Treachery

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
My 40k Jungle Daemon army uses skeletons as Bloodletters, so decided to mix the Shadespire warband in with the standard Tomb King troops. Make it look like adventurers from around the system have come seeking treasure in the ancient ruins, died, and joined the ranks of the undead.

Already posted in the 40k and Shadespire threads for that reason, but hopefully nobody will mind one final spam-push here.

Here's the rest of the army that I currently have photos of - all Sigmar models. Lots more on the way...

https://imgur.com/a/iszfTpg

While I'm here, I'm looking for some Sigmar/Fantasy bits for conversions. Anybody have the following?

- Harpoon Crossbow from the Ogre Kingdoms Thundertusk/Stonehorn
- Massive tusks from the Ogre Kingdoms Thundertusk/Stonehorn
- Cat skull from the Necrosphinx/Warsphinx

I'm down to trade or buy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sick rear end squig and skele-demons. at least the cool models to mathhammering ratio in this thread is miles better than the 40k thread

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

sick rear end squig and skele-demons. at least the cool models to mathhammering ratio in this thread is miles better than the 40k thread
Yup, that's the reason I still follow along here despite not playing AoS. In addition, the Sigmar models have lately excited me more than the 40k ones. That's not a jab at the 40k minis - it's just that those releases are usually building on well-established looks and themes while releases like the Kharadron, Idoneth, and ghosts are much fresher. Plus the universe seems like it's cohering into something thoughtful and interesting, which is fun to watch!

Someone asked for individual skeleton shots, so might as well share them here. I was originally planning on some swirly fleur-de-lys-style designs in bone or gold on the purple cloak, but got lazy. Should I go back and add that?

Can't wait for my Catachan to bust up these bony boys, as per the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

BuffaloChicken posted:

Yup, that's the reason I still follow along here despite not playing AoS. In addition, the Sigmar models have lately excited me more than the 40k ones. That's not a jab at the 40k minis - it's just that those releases are usually building on well-established looks and themes while releases like the Kharadron, Idoneth, and ghosts are much fresher. Plus the universe seems like it's cohering into something thoughtful and interesting, which is fun to watch!

Someone asked for individual skeleton shots, so might as well share them here. I was originally planning on some swirly fleur-de-lys-style designs in bone or gold on the purple cloak, but got lazy. Should I go back and add that?

Can't wait for my Catachan to bust up these bony boys, as per the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

That's loving cool as hell

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Just got my hands on a preview copy of Soul War. As far as I could see from the core rule book what's been previewed is all the major changes. Sadly no change to combat in terms of priority.

One rule I spotted that is new is that if after the battleshock phase you have a unit out of coherency, then the pit of coherency troops are removed from the board as casualties.

The book and minis look amazing and the living spells are fantastic models too

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Points costs for the Sequitors? (Or all of them)

Edit: Mathhammer wise, Sequitors should be around 150 per 5. If they cost less than that, they make Liberators obsolete.

Using m'spreadsheet, they match Liberator damage per point almost exactly at 300 points for 10 (6 with shields, 4 with great maces including the prime).

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 13, 2018

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Didn't notice any point costs in the box and they didn't have their preview copy of a generals handbook

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I've got a spare Horticulous Slimux (base included) from the Blightwar box if anyone is interested. $35 shipped within the US. Email me at portablezombie at gmaildotcom if you'd like a slimy snail dude.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Points costs for the Sequitors? (Or all of them)

Edit: Mathhammer wise, Sequitors should be around 150 per 5. If they cost less than that, they make Liberators obsolete.

Using m'spreadsheet, they match Liberator damage per point almost exactly at 300 points for 10 (6 with shields, 4 with great maces including the prime).

Yeah I was looking at the rules and was like "these things make Liberators look like chumps". Hoping they're costed appropriately.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

New Mortarch model unveiled.

I can't decide if it's a masterpiece of model design that will be deceptively stable, or if it's going to be an absolute nightmare to store/carry.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I can't decide if it's a masterpiece of model design that will be deceptively stable, or if it's going to be an absolute nightmare to store/carry.

None of the Nighthaunt stuff will travel well. Dope model though.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I love that she's literally a spooky ghost under a sheet.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Sheet ghosts wearing sheet ghosts! How perverse.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Those rare abilities that allow an attacker to target specific models instead of units are going to become a lot more fun / hilarious.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The Deleter posted:

Sheet ghosts wearing sheet ghosts! How perverse.

I am excited to spook a bunch of Stormcast

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Oh man, that's some classic ghost design. Love the barely visable skull face, the twisting roses, the twin ghost scrunts.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

A female ghost whose life was filled with scheming and false victimization to get what she wants. Is that you Sarkeesian?

I couldn't not take that shot

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

It would have been easy not to. Take that poo poo back to dakkadakka.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

LordAba posted:

A female ghost whose life was filled with scheming and false victimization to get what she wants. Is that you Sarkeesian?

gently caress off, idiot.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SteelMentor posted:

Oh man, that's some classic ghost design. Love the barely visable skull face, the twisting roses, the twin ghost scrunts.

I like how much the design evokes a wedding dress/bridal veil, too (also a sheet).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm so glad that poo poo does not fly here.

gently caress, that's a sweet ghost bride. It's probably the first big AoS model I've been excited about, and I love that this and the new ghosts aren't just repurposed WHFB sculpts - this clearly has its own identity.

I'm still a bit :rolleyes: on the fluff, and can't help but think this stuff should be part of a goddamn fantastic Von Carstein army.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

moths posted:

I'm so glad that poo poo does not fly here.

gently caress, that's a sweet ghost bride. It's probably the first big AoS model I've been excited about, and I love that this and the new ghosts aren't just repurposed WHFB sculpts - this clearly has its own identity.

I'm still a bit :rolleyes: on the fluff, and can't help but think this stuff should be part of a goddamn fantastic Von Carstein army.

Weren't the other Mortarch's on giant skeleton monsters? I'm guessing Mortarch is just a title for their elite generals. Haven't looked at the undead fluff in a while (at least not since the end times).

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

LordAba posted:

Weren't the other Mortarch's on giant skeleton monsters? I'm guessing Mortarch is just a title for their elite generals. Haven't looked at the undead fluff in a while (at least not since the end times).

Arkhan, Neferata, and Mannfred form Nagash's inner circle and get more special treatment from the big man. The other mortarchs during the end times were either complete puppets or entities that Nagash had enthralled to his will and this new one seems to fall more in that category.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The place where I work is doing an Skirmish league and I'm looking at the undead dudes. How much of the new box would I use? Or don't we have enough info on them? I know almost nothing about Sigmar if that helps, sorry.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

LordAba posted:

Ugh, gently caress off.

Also, ghost model rules. I'm digging their whole aesthetic with the new AoS stuff.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

Arkhan, Neferata, and Mannfred form Nagash's inner circle and get more special treatment from the big man. The other mortarchs during the end times were either complete puppets or entities that Nagash had enthralled to his will and this new one seems to fall more in that category.

Actully other then Arkhan who is considered First among them, the Mortarchs are all supposed to be equal in rank. (Vlad was a member as well lets not forget and was not a puppet or enthralled.)

There are also supposed to be Nine Mortarchs.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 14, 2018

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I'm not completely sold on the skull face. First of all, it seems like the proportions are off, like it's too big and the neck is too long. Might be the angle though.

I think I would have liked it more of it was a veiled woman's face.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actully other then Arkhan is is considered First amoung them, the Mortarchs are all supposed to be equal in rank. (Vlad was a member as well lets not forget and was not a puppet or enthralled.)

There are also supposed to be Nine Mortarchs.

I'll have to check if Vlad's wife is still duel faction with Nurgle. That was an... interest part of the end times, even if it did come out of nowhere (like much of endtimes).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The best look would have been if the veil rested on a woman's face with the skull peeking out a tear - like the veil is touching an invisible face.

It's still extremely cool.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
this model owns wtf

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
okay so

is making an 'undead' army the same as before

can i take skellies and skelly knights and this new ghostface killa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I believe the Legions of Nagash book lets you take mixed Death armies for classic Vamp Counts style, or you can take them as separate sub-factions (though currently only Flesh-Eater Ghouls and the Spooky Ghost Crew have unique faction rules).

Not sure if the new ghosts will be allowed to mingle with LoN, who knows until their book releases.

• Locked thread