Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This page seems to have pics of all the new AoS stuff: https://www.facebook.com/the2Pspodcast/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

holy poo poo I'd forgotten this ever existed, I loved this as a kid

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Not sure why all the Stormcast Eternal women look like they should be working the counter at a vegan café but I can get behind it

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

berzerkmonkey posted:

Per the Stormcast podcast, the AoS core rules are now 18 pages.

A 450% increase, how will AoS players cope

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

LordAba posted:

That hasn't been on sale for a very while now. Why can't they just make more? It's been a couple months. Shouldn't be hard.

Someone talked about this when there were a lot of shortages of 40k stuff (around the Tyranids release).

Basically there's two factors:

1) production runs on their machines are scheduled weeks/months in advance. They have stock projections and they plan moulds accordingly. This is necessary to minimise downtime, but makes it hard to be responsive if something suddenly flies off the shelves.

2) they are way over capacity. 40k 8th being wildly successful has pushed them beyond their ability to keep all the plates spinning on 1). They did actually plan for this and bought more plant to be able to expand, but there's an issue with the local power grid which they're in a slap fight with the council/DNO over.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lupercalcalcal posted:

Legitimately, the biggest problem they have right now is warehousing. They literally have none left, to the point of stock being piled in people's offices.

It's kind of funny to think that this giant publicly-traded 40 year old corporation is experiencing the sort of problems you expect from a brand new start-up, because they were so poo poo for so long that they've surprised themselves by making minor changes and immediately becoming vastly more successful

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This is the same company that for years boasted "we have absolutely zero debt!!" and didn't realise what loving idiots that made them look.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

mango sentinel posted:

I like the concept but the pale gold looks even more washed out next to the dark base color.

Just turning it into a straight Black Legion scheme would be better.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Shadin posted:

That’s what I thought. I’ve never seen a credible source for the IP theory and since GW themselves keep using the old names where thematically appropriate and reprint Old World novels I feel like it’s just internet nerd hate-theorying.

There's some truth to the IP stuff. Part of the fallout of the Chapterhouse case was that although GW won overall, a bunch of the stuff they claimed as 'their' IP was deemed too generic to count. So like Chapterhouse selling Salamanders shoulderpads aping the GW designs and pictured on GW models was infringement, because Salamnders iconography is specific enough, but 'space marines' was way too broad a category for them to try and claim.

Using the old names for stuff occasionally or reprinting old books (which are independently protected by copyright) doesn't change that.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Danimo posted:

I got a few forgeworld big boys this month and the first one up on the painting table was the Colossal Squig. Managed to get him done in two days. I wasn't sure if blue skin would work but I really like how it came out.

My FLGS is having a last hurrah for AoS 1 this saturday and this guy will slide into my Spiderfang army as a distraction pin cushion.

This is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I love that she's literally a spooky ghost under a sheet.

• Locked thread