Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

mango sentinel posted:

You guys got any Jezzail kitbash recs that aren't veermin?

I have searched high and low for one. They all look bad to mediocre and take a ton of effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
The real trouble is that most of the skaven models have their left arms molded into their bodies. They are very hard to convert :sigh:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
A better place to start would be the crew from the plague catapult, they have both arms separate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-BIN-BITS-SKAVEN-WARP-LIGHTNING-CANNON-CREW-/361532928768?hash=item542d0ab300:g:mVMAAOSwJQdXDOUo

But they're like $8...

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Floppychop posted:

Here's what I did. They're just Clanrats with Kroot Rifles and plasticard pavices.

They're not amazing, and they were a ton of work, namely the carving/sanding off the molded left arms. I also had to cut and repose the head, and gapfill the kroot arms a ton.

These look pretty good, nice work. The only thing that bothers me is the kroot hands, but I don't think there's much to do there except just scupt the drat thing on your own :(

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Those are fine paint jobs and you should be proud of them

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

MonsterEnvy posted:

As for +'s and -'s

+Most of the game's rules are free.
+Game is way simpler and easier to get into then any other Warhammer edition. It's streamlining is very solid at this point.
+Warscrolls are cool.
+All the info to use a unit is on the warscroll no need for a lot flipping back and forth.
+The missions and stuff involving narrative campaigns are pretty fun.
+Game is pretty well balanced in most cases.

-Not all factions in the game have gotten the same amount of attention so you have to use the default in lots of cases.
-Some poo poo is expensive.
-Setting is weird and not nearly as good as the old world.
-Weird names for a lot of things. I will call an Orruk an Orc the change was unneeded.
-Tomb Kings and Brettonia seem to be gone. (Though there are reports of the Kings coming back.)

Subjective, some like this, some don't.
=Game turns have a factor of randomness to them. As the person who goes first is determined randomly each round. Depending on Army having two turns can be good or bad for you.
=No initiative so the game has alternating activations. The player whose turn it is decides which of his units is attacking first in the combat phase, then his opponent picks one of his units to fight. This does allow
the other player to have more input on the combat phase. After not getting to do anything during the move and shooting phases.
=Units can shoot in and out of combat.

I can't really think of anything else right now. But feel free to ask any questions to jog my memory.

That's alot of unexpected pluses. I haven't followed the game rules since release, has it really improved that much since then?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Where can I find a decent overview of it?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
how many points if i just field these two in AoS!!?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TKIY posted:

AoS Skirmish is up for preorders this week, cheap too:

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2017/05/this-weeks-pre-orders-aos-skirmish.html

And that's a great price on a double-sized Garden of Morr which remains one of the best GW scenery kits.

This is, like $8. Seems doubtful it will even have army construction rules.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
$65, apparently

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/gw-next-weeks-prices-products-confirmed-25.html

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

SteelMentor posted:

WarhammerTV's showing off a pair of linked AoS Skirmish games on Twitch right now.

Some snippets I caught:

-Skirmish is more akin to Kill Team than Shadow War, more of a side mode than a full game in itself. Uses the same Warscrolls main AoS uses.
-Book is super cheap, £6 for the rules.
-Book comes with a list of points for every available unit. Base starting Warband is around 50 Renown points.
-No Behemoths, only units that have Plastic Kits are represented.
-Six scenarios in the book, super objective based.
-Warbands are persistent in campaigns ala Mordheim, Necromunda etc. No levelling up and units can't permanently die, but you do win points to spent on new dudes and gear/relics.
-Storywise game takes place in the ruins of Shadespire, apparently takes place after the events of the upcoming game Shadespire.

The Skirmish book has its own points listings?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Interesting, I did not expect that. Actually seems like a pretty decent deal!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2011

I dunno, seems alright for cheap. I wonder how the balance shakes out

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Alokgen posted:

I'm sorry, I'm sure this gets asked all the time, but I'm looking to revise my old square base models with round ones. Is it safe to assume Glade Guard, or Skeleton Warriors would be best on 25mm rounds and heroes be on 32mm?

I googled it a bit and found, "Plastic Krak Age of Sigmar Base Conversion Chart". It seems to be making rounds one the internets. Anyone use it for their standards?

32 would be too big unless the model has alot of stuff hanging off of it. I'd personally do 25mm round for all troops, even heroes for human sized stuff.

Pro-tip: goblins and smaller actually look baller on 20mm round!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TKIY posted:

Got my Skirmish rulebook today, good buy for the price. Starting my kids off with Orks versus Ghouls.

Seems kinda sexist to run a kids' game about boyz versus ghouls

im sorry

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I think you'll have to just be at peace with AoS as the :catdrugs: setting

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

It's about to get spooky:

The shape of those bases! What devilry is this!?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Safety Factor posted:

Crosspostin' because the WHFB thread is dead and I guess this model fits here.

That is a fine looking model

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
These are all so fabulous

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Why is the game only 3 turns? Seems odd

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I thought they were making more skaven? its just chaos and stormcast poo poo as far as the eye can see

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
He's not wrong about WHFB at least :smaug:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

I love the poo poo out of these ghosts. I wonder what some good alternate color schemes might be

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Injuryprone posted:

They look topheavy too.

You can weight the bases at least

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I doubt the core rules will talk about proper bases at all, just like in 40k. However, events like Nova and LVO or whatever are starting to implement stricter painting/modeling guidelines because of the increased GW presence, and modern bases are part of that.

You might want to wait, they're coming out with some ghost paints:

Are these just extra pigmented washes or something?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Warhammer Community’s Diarmuid is a fanatical collector of grots, having been inspired in Malign Portents to start a collection themed around Shyish, with all his Moonclan Grots dressed as ghosts. We managed to grab Diarmuid to discuss his top tips for your Grot army.

How dare they post that with no pictures of his army to go with it.

So, uh, are the night goblin robes painted white? That might appear... unfortunate, heh

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
That flying swords spell looks cool as poo poo

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Do folks trade stuff around here? I need a single stormcast liberator (not a snap fit one) and this weapon:

I'll buy, or I have a variety of old skaven, bretonnia, empire flagellants, wood elf, and goblins lying around if you want to make a trade

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

BuffaloChicken posted:

Yup, that's the reason I still follow along here despite not playing AoS. In addition, the Sigmar models have lately excited me more than the 40k ones. That's not a jab at the 40k minis - it's just that those releases are usually building on well-established looks and themes while releases like the Kharadron, Idoneth, and ghosts are much fresher. Plus the universe seems like it's cohering into something thoughtful and interesting, which is fun to watch!

Someone asked for individual skeleton shots, so might as well share them here. I was originally planning on some swirly fleur-de-lys-style designs in bone or gold on the purple cloak, but got lazy. Should I go back and add that?

Can't wait for my Catachan to bust up these bony boys, as per the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

That's loving cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TKIY posted:

I think everyone is on the Discord right now.

that poo poo is blocked at work :argh:

• Locked thread