Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Decisions, decisions. Rosso, or Stromboli, AWD, or RWD.

I've been waiting a long time for a new Alfa.

I went into town today with the intention of trading in my Volvo C30 for a new V60 Cross Country, but then I saw that old familiar logo...

gently caress it, you only go around once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I'm in the US. Upon further review, I'm going for the Rosso. The Veloce seats are nice, and I love the 5 hole wheels, but this one is priced right, and I just sort of bonded with it.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I've always had a thing for the GTV6, that's a beauty. There's a former Alfa factory trained mechanic who lives near me. He's in his late 70's and in poor health. Sitting in his driveway, under covers are a late 80's GTV6, an early 90's 164S, and a silver Spider Quad. Seems such a shame that they don't get driven.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Yeah, my wife de-stickered her Civic Si. IIRC, we used a hairdryer to heat them, and then they peeled fairly well. Little bit of residue cleaned up with dish soap diluted in water.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Cool car ! That should make for an interesting project. I'd love to see the progression,

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Italian Car drive and meetup today. Nice array. Two Junior Zagatos, Two boattails, two GTV6's and a cool Lancia, along with a nice sampling of Fiats, Abarths, and Giulias.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
My Giulia might be the best automotive decision I've ever made. It literally makes me grin, driving to work.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I wish Alfa would bring back an updated Matta.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Took the Giulia out for a little snow-crossing this morning. The Q4 all wheel drive is nicely responsive.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Oh man, if I only had a garage.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1964-fiat-1500-cabriolet/6456207203.html

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Shrapnig posted:

I'm going to be getting rid of my '15 STI at some point this year and am looking for something that's for lack of a better term, more refined than my current car. What's the consensus on the Giulia as opposed to a 3 series, A/S3, CLA/C Class or other options in that similar price range, so that's going to exclude the QF obviously.

I had a '13 Abarth that I bought new(yeah yeah) that really soured me on the brand and the dogshit dealership network so that makes me wary. I offloaded it for the STI after about 7k miles and numerous gremlins at a monstrous loss because I was worried about the car literally falling apart on me. It was fun as hell to drive, I'll give it that.

If you can, try a couple of different dealers. I drive an hour past my closest Alfa dealer to go to one I like. As for the car, it's an absolute joy to drive and own. If you're looking for "entry level luxury" as I once saw it described, then I don't know, but if you're looking for a car that will make you create excuses to go on drives, then the Giulia might well be for you.
Take one for a test drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Lladre posted:

I was thinking about leasing a 2018 Giulia, all wheel drive version. Anything I should watch out for?

I've had mine for nearly a year, with no real issues, and it's a blast to own and drive. I've heard there were some software glitches on some of the early models, but I think they've been fixed.

• Locked thread