Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
So I bought a new thing and I think it might fit in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Thanks! I think the Gransport may have been the only 4200GT coupé that didn't give any option *but* the cambiocorsa gearbox with the paddle shifters and F1 transaxle. Not that I mind. It does take some getting used to, but the normal mode has been fine the few times I've switched sport mode off, and in sport mode, it's just unbelievably fun. I decided on this over a Cayman S (partly because, I mean, a Ferrari F136 engine---I am only human) and I don't regret it at all. Well, I might the first time my GS has to visit a mechanic for repairs, but till then, no regrets!

Is your dad looking at any other models?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Actually I really love it so far! Except for stop and go traffic, but I've managed to avoid that except for one trip so far. On a couple hour drive that was pretty much all highway, I got fairly decent miles per gallon (considering I thought I'd be lucky to get 19 mpg and wound up more like 22-23). And the music that is the exhaust and the engine still make me grin like an idiot.

I am even more insane than you think, by the way, as I may use this as a (semi) daily driver for the next several months.

Though what I don't understand is why Honda Accord drivers seem to hate this car. Not any other car. Several times already I've had one try to illegally pass me (and fail), tailgate me, or just flat out want to race I guess, and it's not as if I was driving at a snail's pace or anything.

• Locked thread