Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
My uncle's 72 Lancia Sport is still running strong. I think the only thing he's done to it after import is to retune for high elevation and have the radiator rebuilt. He sent me a shaky cockpit vid in which you cannot see much but drat that little V4 sounds great.

E: He sent me this article on Lancias.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/defense-lancia?utm_source=DailyDrive20180606

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
That's sweet but of all the Ferarri engines they chose the one with the absurdly low timing belt interval?

E: I guess being a race car it gets pulled open all the time anyway? I dunno.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice
I sent that link to my uncle (a 348ts owner once like you) and mentioned the engine and he said something like I was nervous anytime I ran it up to 7k rpm because of the timing belt, sold that car and never looked back. I guess if it's a young belt it's good to go but the short life doesn't inspire confidence. Yours blew under mileage but over-life right?

Man that car looks so good on the outside. It still boggles my mind that Ferrari made so many incredible looking cars. It's just sheet metal.

• Locked thread